LCD The Path Toward Heaven

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by patcan3609, May 9, 2018.

1. samjack

samjack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last 3 chapters was awesome! :aww:

kurousagi4242 likes this.
  2. Sansin06

Sansin06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happens to immortal Taiping?

3. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which chap are you on so i can avoid spoiling too much

4. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just caught up from ch 670 all the way to 815 and all I can say is what the fuck mao ni??
    I mean it's not bad even as sci fi but it feels so rushed and a little messy idk if its just me tho :/

5. ISumimasenI

ISumimasenI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please tell me how many chapters there are for this novel? The info on nu seems to be outdated

6. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    theres currently 820 on Qi but its locked which is why it doesn't appear if you google it with the [box] and novel (the thing wont let me type it together) the unlocked one should show

ISumimasenI likes this.
  7. ISumimasenI

ISumimasenI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know how far the raw currently is?

8. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly no but the novel is generally 40-100 chaps behind in translation

ISumimasenI likes this.
  9. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk how many readers will see this but recently commissioned an artist (Wishiiria (great artist on twitter btw) to draw a scene from ch 619 that I'm not sure how many of you may remember but here it is:
    It's Jing Yang and Lian Sanyue (Ik she's not supposed to be bleeding but I felt bad for asking for edits and in he doesn't have a headband either) upload_2020-4-28_19-31-45.png

Dagger likes this.
  10. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    Horrible news has reached me I saw that the novel hasn't updated in so long and messaged the translators on FB and they told me that for some reason Webnovels has dropped this novel QAQ

11. Dagger

Dagger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sad to hear
    I started reading the raw as well since the illusionary realm so Iam pretty used to it
    but eh...wanted to support MaoNi...

12. Sansin06

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoil all the way!

sanushilshad likes this.
  13. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal Taiping had a rotting body so he used a spell to create a new one for himself however because he was missing the extinct rosefinch's feather he used devil rooster's instead.
    They journeyed and schemed for a while before trying to take away JJ's right to be sect master.
    He took over LSS's body so that JJ wouldn't be able to kill him because LSS would die too.
    TP attacked after JJ was weakened after fighting his third disciple the master of Xiandi peak (I forgot his name).
    During the subsequent fight, the two fought for the right to control the sword formation. The formation ended up being destroyed and TP was sneak attacked by snow girl who turned out to be
    The snow queen of northern chaotian
    He died. JJ took a piece of his soul though so later when he ascended he showed the upper world to TP and they reminisce in a somber and quite frankly sad scene.
    Some parts might be out of order such as the fight cause iffy memories and so and such.

Sansin06 likes this.
  14. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe people pay for that shit and webnovel/QI have the gaul to call themselves a business.

15. sanushilshad

sanushilshad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the few Chinese novels out there which is different from the typical cultivation novel.

16. Sansin06

Reading List:
    Link
    The dropped novels are usually the ones that are refreshing and different :(. When the novels don't have arrogant stud horse MC's with brainless villains, they somehow get dropped.

firefox1234 and kurousagi4242 like this.
  17. morrrie

morrrie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though the decision to drop this, for translation, does come across as somewhat unprofessional. And does come across as a blow, but a certain part of me understands why WebNovel must have made this decision( tho, I am not 100% sure if they really thought along these lines while making this decision). This novel, even compared to Mao Ni's previous works, can be really a pain to read, sometimes:blobsad:. Like if you were asked to binge read this, then this really is enjoyable in like how it drops subtle hints (sometimes, they are too subtle:notlikeblob:) along the way for a bunch of chapters( sometimes for hundreds of chapters), before revealing the whole matter in the end in a grand manner. This point is greatly executed in this novel. But, if this is a great point in the times when one is binge reading, then this point really makes one want to butcher oneself when it comes to reading this on a daily routine:blob_coughblood:.
    Especially after Jing Jiu's ascension arc, this difference becomes so glaring that... there exists no limit whatsoever for this. It almost gets to the point where it makes one wonder if the author even cares about making any revenue through this novel. I realize how it is required to slow down the pace when we get to a new place in the story, to do some worldbuilding, to do some new character introduction, and all the other stuff. But here the drag is so great, it almost chokes you after a while:blobsob:.
    If after Jing Jiu ascension, the plot was moving at a turtle pace, then after the slow build-up and the climax of that introduction arc (which by the way came after 100+ chapters of ascension), in the current arc, even the pace of a snail looks like a distant dream. In this arc, the author is reintroducing the characters that managed to ascend from Chaotian after Jing Jiu(characters like Zhao Layue, etc), and boy the pace is so slow, which even tho is completely reasonable, it still leaves one wondering why one even picked this novel in the first place?:blobsick:
    Additionally, even after such a long time into this thing, there is still no solid romance. While this is completely subjective and doesn't mean much, but I strongly believe that I endured Mao Ni's slow pace in the past, on a daily routine, either due to his brilliant portrayal of romance in Jiang Ye or due to his enchanting descriptions in Ze tian ji :cookie: . The prose and writing part is here( tho, not too much), but the romance part is abysmal in this, which only makes this thing seem so much slower in my sense.
    So, if you bothered to read this "article" till here, then the point must have been clear by now. This thing doesn't fit the genuine web novel standards for most of the audience, and only those who have high cultivation in dao of patience can turn up to read this daily, much less be willing to pay for this, which in a sense puts a business-oriented website like WebNovel in a real tight spot.
    Tho I am sure if they pick this up and translate this till the end, then this might really prove to be a hidden gem for them. Because, as I have already mentioned, if you binge read this, then this really is a good story, plot-wise at least:blob_coffee:.
    I hope they pick this again in the future, tho MTL is not too bad. But proper translation is still a requirement for a better experience:blobReach:.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Sansin06 likes this.
  18. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree with you on many points honestly he could've ended it after the last conversation with tapping and it would be like and so he travels into the new world or something. The sci fi really is such a 180 from what the novel used to be. The romance well... JJ x GD sank like a rock I'm pretty sure ZL is the FL. Maybe they'll pick it up again when it's completed and we can all just binge it.

Sansin06 likes this.
  19. aabbaa

aabbaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like Qidian realized that after the shift to sci-fi the (already scarce) readership died (I at least had my interest in the novel almost curbstomped, the whole "cultivators are the greatest hackers ever" is idiotic and destroyed completely my suspension of disbelief)

Sadly Mao Ni's style is to be appreciated slowly so his novels aren't the fast food that attracts large crowds from the start, besides the translation quality was abismal. I still remember the tl used interchangeably "Center Sect", "Middle State Sect", Zhongzheng(?) sect

I loved dearly the first part of the novel, I literally had days where I read for 20 hours at a time (covid dont judge) and was among the most fanatic of readers but the whole modern world arc completely disillusioned me. The novel would have been better had it ended with the ascension, I guess Mao Ni has an history of messing up finales... Ze Tian Ji and the whole "now we are in magic based medieval europe with random historical names" was a terrible hit too

firefox1234 and kurousagi4242 like this.
  20. aabbaa

aabbaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you keep reading till the "natural" end at around chapter 740 (?)
    the latter is somewhat disheartening so do not read it if it would affect the reading
    MC manages to finally ascend, as an ascender he has access to "fairy energy", a powerful form of energy that only ascenders can access to

but in the outside world they are not alone, there's another super-technological race of humans with spaceships, which use fairy energy as an energy source (MC had mentioned somewhere in the previous chapters that he had seen "thousands of flying swords belonging to ascenders", those were spaceships)

He fights spacemonsters that apparently are connected to the Snowy monsters but he get injured and finds himself in a research lab in the core of a planet after being rescued by a spaceship

Pretty much we have a huge universe where cultivation is normal but their upper limit is lower than ascenders and they rely on mech, guns and spaceships and cannot use the fairy energy directly (somehow related to nuclear energy)

He starts out by studying all physics, resolving all physics problems with his super cultivator mind, to then start studying math. Elementary math after quantum physics... Mao Ni honestly seemed a dumbass here

To get more knowledge MC becomes hacker extraordinaire that can connect to the internet and hack the network by grabbing powerlines and using his cultivator calculation power to decode things

Somehow MC and other super hackers (they have a name i forgot White Ghosts maybe?) can have a "physical body" in the information world and fight, so since cultivators are all with super calculation power they are all super-hackers and MC is worldclass

zxdc likes this.