Recommendations Fun, light-hearted Chinese BL novels?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by xaefyre, Oct 24, 2019.

1. xaefyre

xaefyre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello~ I'm looking for reccs of good Chinese BL novels that are funny, sweet and light-hearted. I like the MC to be quirky? silly? weird? Like the MC can be really smart (or not) but their way of thinking is unusual and humourous. The type where you're like idk if you're a genius or a fool. No white lotus/saintly/foolishly naive MCs. And I want ML to just indulge in MC's silliness. (I kinda like those ML's that lean more towards the overbearing president type vs the loyal puppy type). I'm super stressed in life alr so I dont want too much drama in the novel. No overly evil characters pls. (eg. I don't like those evil characters that are entitled and think that they deserve MC's ML/life/money/parents etc)

Preferably no xianxia, wuxia, xiuzhen tho. I don't really like those. Don't really like interstellar worlds either... Also, got kind of sick and tired of entertainment industry novels (I've read too many theyre kinda predictable and boring now...) But feel free to recc those fr these settings if you think they strongly fit my main requirements!

I'm completely open to reading raws but must be completed (i dont like having to wait...)

Examples of novels that I like:
    Number One Zombie Wife (i absolutely loved the entirety of the lube incident)
    在二哈身边保命的日子 (The days spent surviving beside a husky)
    校草太霸道了怎么破 (What to do when the campus hunk is too overbearing)
    不准撒娇 (Don't be spoiled)

2. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    Number One Lazy Merchant of the Beast World maybe?

xaefyre likes this.
  3. Vaik

Vaik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not very far into the story yet, but New Times, New Hell is shaping up to be something like you’re asking for!
    Maybe give The Film Emperor’s Daily Live Cooking Broadcast a try? It hasn’t had too much in person interaction with the leads yet, but it’s just overall pretty soft.
    The King’s Game has next to no actual conflict? But the leads are pretty cute.
    And finally, Vanguard of the Eternal Night absolutely kills me. A centuries old assassin from a fantasy world finds himself in interstellar civilization, and ends up being an e-sports star. Any antagonist never lasts very long, as both the leads are,,, really OP, but it’s done in a way I find satisfying. The MC here is the overbearing type! The ML is a soft around the MC, but will crush opposition! So it’s a slight reversal of the roles you’re asking for! But they get over the will they won’t they super fast and that’s something I adore. And??? They’re just,,, really cute.

TaffyGirl13 and xaefyre like this.
  4. dusticc

dusticc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You boys play games very well:
    MC is a player well known for cussing at other players, ML is a game streamer that receives one of MC's comments, but it turns out ML and MC live in the same dorm... Very funny and adorable, MC is very cute and silly and ML plays along and teases him, you would enjoy that.

5. bingereaderv

bingereaderv Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second dusticc

Addition:
    Since I take home an adonis who has lost his business

Love stops rumors
    ---- This story is so hillarious

6. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last hamster rich in oil is funny

7. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
  8. CannibalTurtle

CannibalTurtle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't You Like Me. Modern, supernatural and full of fluff, One of my fav ML's in danmei novels. Due to a misunderstanding the ML thought the MC was gay (the ML was) coz he's so touchy feely when in fact the MC was just using him as a ghost repellant.

I Rely on Kisses to Clear Survival Games. Horror game theme. The title says it all lol. Can't spoil it cause the mystery is part of the fun.

If You Don't Fall in Love, You'll Die. Modern. MC is given second chance in life but has to do daily mission related to ML to survive.

Misplacement Game. Same genre as the second recommendation. MC is a face con.

The People Who’re Supposed To Kill Me Fell For Me Instead. Fluff just pure fluff.. After you get over the first arc anyway. Same author as The King's Game. But I enjoyed this one slightly more.

Ghosts Know What I Experienced. MC and ML are a ying yang pairing. MC punches ghost while ML is a spiritual master, makes for an odd sweet couple.

To Be a Heartthrob in a Horror Movie
    . Another horror theme novel. I find that most of these genre of novels have the best couple and storyline.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  9. hngyxn

hngyxn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qing Kuang, pure comedy/fluff

10. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely Spirit Hotel. Also I second New Times, New Hell.

You can also try the following:
    Very Happy
    Game Loading
    Glory
    Fantasy Farm

11. Meng tian

Meng tian Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My underachieving seatmate doesn’t need comforting
    Daily life of being the campus idols fake boyfriend
    Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating
    Transmigrating Into The Heartthrob’s Cannon Fodder Childhood Friend

12. Tuzi

Tuzi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody thinks that I like him.

My clingy boyfriend asks me for kisses everyday.

13. crownprince

crownprince Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating!!! This is absolutely amazing! 100% translated and meets all your requests!

14. Andiana

Andiana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too! I recommend this novel a lot lol. I like this one slightly more than PUBG Online Romance of the Century. You Boys Play Games Very Well is another favourite of mine.

15. Kezzalm

Kezzalm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link