Spoiler I Am This Type of Woman

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by bibi, Apr 28, 2020.

1. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-am-this-type-of-woman/
    A stupid father with good luck, a kick-ass and protective mother, and a dandy younger brother all want a principal husband.

Her engagement has been broken off three times yet she does not panic.

Beautiful and magnificent clothes, golden beams in their house.

She has money, she has power, why would she need a husband?

This is a story about a garish woman who has had her engagement broken off three times and a hypocrite of a man.

2. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read this a long time ago. It's by the same author as To Be A Virtuous Wife, Eight Treasures Trousseau, Ascending Do Not Disturb, etc. etc.

Setting is ancient China. The MC is not a transmigrator for once though. She is reborn...sort of...she wakes up one day with vague dreams of stuff that happened in the previous timeline, mainly situations that triggered strong emotion in her. But she doesn't know the details of what will happen when and how certain events will come to be. Like, she knows that her family will lose favor when the current emperor dies, and then afterwards, the throne will be usurped away from the current imperial family, and by that point her family was nearly out on the streets.

Her family is distantly related to the emperor, and they are a family of wastrels on purpose, because being too smart/capable in their situation would cause the emperor to suspect them and want to get rid of them. They are looked down upon by the other nobles who do achieve their positions by merit, and it's why MC was dumped several times, not that she cares.

MC's entire family is really really skilled at currying favor with the emperor though, and that's how they had kept their high noble position. But now with MC's premonitions, they gotta start planning for the future when the emperor who favors them won't be around, and that leads to some funny stuff. Especially later when she recognizes the guy who is going to somehow take over the throne in her dream future, and they somehow get engaged...

3. Sasakira

Sasakira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML? Also could you spoil what will happened to ex fiance?

LokaLari likes this.
  4. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

A stupid father with good luck, a kick-ass and protective mother, and a dandy younger brother all want a principal husband.

This is a story about a garish woman who has had her engagement broken off three times and a hypocrite of a man.

Has anyone read this? I would love some spoilers for it. :D

Xi-hime likes this.
  5. sofi_fdzl

sofi_fdzl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it a long time ago (MTL). The MC dream of hers and her family ending. And she believes in that dream so she starts hiding gold and jewelry in the mountain with her brother and is found by the ML. The ML robs one of the chests with treasures. Every time the MC is doing strange things because of that dream she gets caught by the ML.
    The ML is plotting against the royal family, it is related to ML's mother or that it's what I remember, so he sometimes feels conflicted when interacting with the MC. If I'm not remembering wrong, that time when the MC falls into the pond in winter when she was a child, was ML's mother's fault. The grandmother of the MC tells the truth to the ML later on when he asked her about his mother.

6. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the ML revolt against the imperial in the end and make the MC his empress?
    Do you remember anything about the side characters? Especially the female side characters the Mc has conflict with?

7. sofi_fdzl

sofi_fdzl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The revolting part I don't remember very well but I think yes. They got married and had children, don't remember how many. One time she goes with her children in a treasure hunt and found that a chest is missing(the one that the ML took).
    Sorry. Right now I don't remember any of the side characters. Only the relationship between the emperor and the MC's family it's not that great as if seems to be.

8. PaigeTheParrot

PaigeTheParrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Title : I am this type of woman
    Description :

Spoilers please :aww::aww::sushi_chubby::sushi_chubby:

Xi-hime likes this.
  9. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh 3 people made the same thread lol

RikuMania likes this.
  10. PaigeTheParrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I tried to google the title with spoilers, and there was no thread appearing so I thought that it didn't exist. Even tried searching on novelupdates, but the words in the title are so common that it also yielded no results.:sweating_profusely::blobsweat::blobsweat_2:

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    LokaLari likes this.
  11. dinosastrous

dinosastrous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has been picked up and there are several chapters out already. I MTL-ed this months ago so the following spoilers may not be 100% accurate.

• FL's grandfather and ML's father were killed by the emperor despite the fact that FL's grandparents helped the emperor a lot to succeed the throne and ML's father being one of his old comrades.
    • The emperor was at the beginning an okay ruler but as he grew older, he becomes paranoid.
    • The emperor was partial towards ML and FL due to his guilt.
    • FL and ML met when they were children. ML's mother was the kind of super virtuous and strict lady and ML never experienced a normal childhood. Once, he went to the palace and met FL who invited him to play ice-skating. ML ended up getting wet and was scolded by his mother.
    • If I remember correctly, FL's falling into the water was planned by ML's mother (it was done by Shi Feixian though) because she hates FL's grandmother.
    • The emperor has two sons: the crown prince and the second prince. Yet, none of them is suitable to be an emperor.
    • The crown prince is way too kind. A case in point: even after the rebellion by the second prince (who imprisoned the emperor and the crown prince), he refused to give him heavy punishment.
    • The second prince is way too spoiled to the point that he develops cruel tendency.
    • ML rebels against the second prince to save the emperor and the crown prince. When he managed to capture the second prince, ML asked the crown prince to seize the throne. However, the crown prince realised that he's not fit to be the emperor and asked ML to succeed the throne.
    • ML never took a concubine although the ministers asked him to since 3 years had passed but he still had no children.
    • FL and ML had a son and I remember that once FL was kissing his son (he was like 5 yo?) and the son said that ML told him that he's a man so FL shouldn't do that LOL

12. PaigeTheParrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Slight correction
    Actually FL's grandfather was secretly injured/plotted by the previous generation emperor (i.e the current emperor Yun Qing 's father) because he was wary of the general's increasing power. It also turns out that the FL's grandmother and the Empress (YQ's mom) are sisters so she took revenge by aiding Yun Qing to the throne , thereby stopping the previous emperor's favourite child (currently Hui wang) from accessing the throne. She purposefully didn't teach her son Bai Hui to be excellent so that Yun Qing won't be wary of them like his father was.

13. RikuMania

RikuMania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the ML fall for the MC?

14. keitorin

keitorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More pls, currently trying to mtl

15. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    not really clear...but if I am remembering right, based on ML's subordinate, ML has already good feeling for MC since first (based on author's style, it was like good feeling and slowly the feeling become too strong to the point that he won't let anyone have her...cough). Even in the past life, he thought MC is a lively one (even when he doesn't have interaction with her in that time), that's why after MC's death, he makes sure MC's family has a good life in another city.

16. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we know who killed her in the past life?

Xi-hime and LokaLari like this.
  17. HikariHirai

HikariHirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not quite sure, if I got mtl right, it was Shi Fei Xue (No. Talent/beauty) who ordered it.

18. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    She suspect that the one who killed her is a really..really talented archer (the archer doesn't look much, like scrawny or small. He joined some archery competition and won...and MC bet him to win too), the archer is hired by ML's opposition in the past life.

In the present life, she too almost got shot down. But, the arrow before he released, get intercept by the ex-fiance(I think??), and that's why she get saved (they are in the war between rebel (ML's force) and the tyrant (some family got forced to join the new emperor side, MC's family got lockdown...kinda like a hostage. And MC is a general from the rebel force)

19. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the ML, his affection and devotion to FL is really deserved to be praised.

20. Ginonymous

Ginonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The physical killer was a talented, but little known, archer. He initially gets mentioned/pops up during the Autumn hunting trip. The one behind him is one of the MC's cousins through the royal family. MTL has him called the Evergreen King and I can't remember his name off the top of my head. He seemingly has a friendly relationship with both the MC and ML, admiring the ML's art and calligraphy (iirc). I remember him more for the bird incident, where he brought the MC and ML over to his place to show them his new parrot, who ends up basically implying he (Evergreen King) has intentions of becoming emperor (he shouts out "Long Live" which is something that is said only to the emperor)...though it was initially believed someone was setting him up, it's discovered later he planned it out that way so that people would not suspect his ambitions.

I don't believe it's ever explicitly explained why he had the MC killed in the original timeline but it's worth noting that he is teamed up with the second prince who hates the MC. He has also suffered defeat/humiliation by being outsmarted by the MC and ML on the battlefield. The MC believes he teamed up with the second prince because he knows the second prince could easily be manipulated. In the present life, he takes the archer's mom hostage and uses her life to force the archer to shoot at the MC so it's possible that was the case in the previous life as well.

In one of the extras, the ML wakes up and finds himself in the original timeline, some 10-12 years after the MC's death which is also the length of time he's been emperor (the day the MC passed, she was out because he invited her to meet him at a tea house; according to his trusted aide/right hand man, he had already successfully led the rebellion at the time). Anyway, he's confused and immediately wants to know where the MC is, but is told she passed away ~10 years ago, and that he had her buried with the honors of her (by then former) status/title. He's upset that he didn't have her buried with the honors he feels she deserves--as his wife/the empress. A couple of days later, he hands out a death sentence to the Evergreen King, who had been imprisoned all this time and later that night, he is overheard by his right hand man crying over the MC. Afterwards, he wakes up back in his timeline.

ETA: Something I found amusing in the story was the shock to the system the ML and his people experienced when they first heard the language the MC used, cursing out the other side before battle (apparently, there is time honored tradition before battle where the two sides exchange insults in attempt to basically disturb the mindset of the other side so that they will hopefully make a mistake later in battle). It's hilarious how they go from "How dare [the opposite side's general] curse and cuss at our master's wife! She might be leading the army but she is still a lady who has been pampered all her life and never heard such language!" to "Who? What? What's happening? Whose that person cursing and cussing out the other's side, giving as good as she got?! What did she just say?! How did her family raise her?!!!" and then gradually shift to awe. Hilariously, when she notices they seem out of it, she mistakenly decides its because they were raised too delicately and tells them she will let someone in the army known for his ability to cuss out people teach them when there is free time.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020