LCD The King's Moment

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by WONZ, Apr 23, 2020.

1. WONZ

WONZ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna start a new thread here since I didn't see one for this novel.

Did you guys read the new series by the author for The King's Avatar? It's giving me the vibe I got back in chapter one of The King's Avatar. I highly recommend this!

The story revolves around He Yu, a boy who couldn't resist his brother's unmotivated state after losing a series of gaming tournaments. He eventually got into playing the game and following his brother's footsteps to becoming a pro. That depressing scene at the beginning really got me hooked up! And the hype of him growing too!

Link's here:https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-kings-moment/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    anonnovelupdates likes this.
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Assuming this was meant to be an LCD, I moved it to the right place

3. WONZ

WONZ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!

4. macy2

macy2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just found it today. Didn't really give me TKA vibes, its written in a different tone overall (or maybe its the translation). This one feels like a passionate, hot blooded sports novel instead. I actually didnt realize it was a Butterfly Blue's novel at all until the translator started advertising it in the notes, lol.

Also, is the translator familar with games? The TL note in the first chapter regarding the ban/pick phase almost made me close the tab. But the translations of the mechanics and everything was nicely done in the later chapters.

Side note: has anyone read the raws? What's with the genre listing for this novel? Adventure, fantasy, martial arts, mystery, sci-fi, and supernatural? Is this a mistake or should I be expecting something super unique?

anonnovelupdates likes this.
  5. Yui1083

Yui1083 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeass !!! Looks great~ Sure hope it gets more views. The tl quality isn't bad at all! I think they slowed picked up pace after a few chappies. :cookie::aww:

handCream likes this.
  6. handCream

handCream Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting...and 15 chapies a month is almost a dream for a reader. Hoping for more updates

jolly-crow and Yui1083 like this.
  7. CreamLover123

CreamLover123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh looks promising! Definitely going to keep an eye on this one.

8. ChildofWeather

ChildofWeather New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Found a cute Chibi Art for Libai from the game on credit. Kawaiii:love::love:

9. ChildofWeather

ChildofWeather New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    jolly-crow likes this.
  10. macy2

macy2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we are 34 chapters in. Early thoughts anyone?

Personally, I find it too slow moving. I can also see many dropping the novel because it's just too technical. While I appreciate the extra detail (especially the remark about the lower ranks), the balance could be be done better because I find myself skimming through the chapters to get through it.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if the game (The King's Honor/King's of Glory) was popular among us english readers. But unfortunatly the game is Chinese and the international version (Arena of Valor; not that it can be said to be popular enough to make hype) shares few similarities character wise.

The translator mentioned the novel having low readership, which I dont find surprising. If the plot doesn't somehow improve I can see myself dropping the novel. Hopefully it's a novel that just needs to build up a bit before it gets good. I can imagine Butterfly Blue would need to set up a solid background of the game if they plan to get gritty with the strategies and gameplay in the future.

WONZ likes this.
  11. myurikko

myurikko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading this, and it's pretty good. Definitely looking forwards to the other chapters I haven't reached yet.

WONZ likes this.