How To Sleep

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GuguruTranslate, May 1, 2020.

1. GuguruTranslate

GuguruTranslate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last time I got a normal and proper sleep was the second year of middle school. After that, I got imsomnia and it lasted until today.
    I've tried a couple things since then to sleep. I've tried exercising and working out until I almost fainted but this eventually lost it effect. I've tried stretching, aromatics, drink milks, hot baths, basically all the things you do to get a good sleep.
    But all of that doesn't work anymore. So, I want any suggestions or recommendations to get a normal and proper sleep. It's a torture to not be able to sleep.

2. Smilewwy

Smilewwy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sleeping pills?
    Or try blinking rapidly when you want to sleep.

3. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's sleep? I just keep going until I pass out. Right now I'm on a week with only about 10 hours of sleep total.

4. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you sould seek a medical help if it's that serious....but normaly you try to solve the cause that make you have imsomnia(e.g. stress, depression...ecc)
    Somethimes i can't sleep because of stress, and i just pass my time reading until i fall asleep...

5. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Meditation might be helpful, as well as yoga. Other than that, try not to sleep during the day. Don't use mobile, computers, or tv for an hour before going to sleep. Get rid of anything with blue. Finally try something mentally exhausting, like learning math or programming or another language, etc. Try something immensely boring. When everything fails, go see a doctor, and only take prescribed sleeping pills. Also check your blood pressure regularly.

6. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me:
    - try using sleeping aps
    - trying this method:

If those 2 fails, might as well do binge watch some of my anime, manga and/or novel stash

LeakLeaf likes this.
  7. Kikiji

Kikiji May or may not be here

Reading List:
    Link
    Well first of all, how do you feel when you lie down? Not just to sleep, but like lying in bed to do some reading on your phone or surfing the web. Do you (or can you) do anything relaxing in bed? Games maybe? Social media? Etc.

If/when you do do those things in bed, are you comfortable? Wrapped your blankets around you? Room at a good temperature? The type of comfortable that makes you want to spend the whole day there and not get up.

8. Avoid

Avoid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try some ASMR? Or Sleep mediation apps like headspace? Background noise like rain falling, thunder rumbling, or leaves rustling - whatever matches your fancy, are all good too. All you need to do is lay comfortably, close your eyes, relax and just listen. Unless of course you dislike noise (white noise?) and prefer silence

9. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard sleeping with the fishes works wonders.

10. CoupDeFri

CoupDeFri My shadow is my best friend.

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go to the doctor dude, i mean it.

11. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    i haven't have a proper sleep in a long time, i think ill get one if i started drinking again

12. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's that serious, then going to the doc is the best choice.
    Apparently, having a lot of stress is one of the reasons for insomnia. My mum basically had to chug down cough syrup to sleep before going to a doc.
    You can try having maybe half a teaspoon of poppy seeds with warm milk. Just a lil bit of poppy seeds tho, tis like opium after all.

13. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey man, this might sound unconventional but try smoking a good indica strain of marijuana. Only if it's legal where you live, if not, I've had good luck with valerian tree root pills

14. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Insomnia is quite a common sleep disorder, the causes also very vary from each person, and you seem to have tried many methods but doesn't works, so the best is to see a doctor.

15. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try counting monster girl sheep.

16. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I guess you should try some professional help and see if it works ~

I don't suffer from insomnia, however I happen to only sleep 2 hours during some nights, maybe because of overexcitement

17. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Hold your breath for 5 minutes. :blob_plusone:

On a serious note, I used to have insomnia too due to my bad sleeping habits and my restless left leg syndrome or some shit like that where mt left leg is so restless and sometimes felt numb specially when its cold, it's as if I have a fractured bone and got healed recently(actually nah). I'd always sleep in the morning.

But now I sleep everynight and doesn't have insomnia anymore. How did I do that? I didn't sleep for a whole day, then slept at night the next day. Its effective to the point I'd fall asleep every night.:blob_plusone: