Discussion How to prevent moral corruption for our descendants?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Martialegg, Apr 26, 2020.

?

Do you think our descendant's moral corruption and decline is inevitable?

1. Yes.

26 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummmm....
    Make them be responsible to themself earlier...
    :hmm:

prongsjiisan likes this.
  2. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't work that way. If you don't point to a way of doing things, they can get lost and became a "failure".

prongsjiisan likes this.
  3. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Incels are triggered by this thread.

4. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Incels are triggered.

5. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    That 100% stacks up with my experiences.
    I wish we could do this here in New Zealand. My family does a similar thing but it only works because nobody contests the head's decisions. In reality if you leave certain people out of a will they can contest it and they'll likely win. This includes parents, grandparents, children (blood and adopted) and can include greater family in some situations too.

Coffea to Ell and Ai chan like this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Get your family members cats, make them worship the cats as their master.

God did just that:

Become a human slave of the supreme beings called cats today!

ElefantVerd likes this.
  7. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes bad parenting can create good kids.
    Ancedotal but there was a internet guy, had racist parents and siblings but he cut ties with them when he can. The guy's also rude or harsh and unforgiving but fervently anti-his-family. I wish him luck though.

Martialegg likes this.
  8. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the science has done advances on the raising of kids to the point you don't need to starve them to teach the value of food, or beat them to teach them to behave.

9. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are actually a handful of parents on NUF.
    I really like this point! It's cool!
    I've seen very upright parents who helicopter, force "good behavior", and pamper their kids, but they don't turn out very well.

I think all people to some extent are formed from their experiences. If you put your kid in a fish tank and never let them taste the ocean, they can come out strange. I think there's a strong instinct for overbearing parents to want to protect their children and control everything, but it's important to let your kids fall and experience the ups and downs of life.

Moreover I also think it's important to nurture a sense of confidence, self-value, and independence in kids. Damaged self-esteem takes a long time to recover, and it's something that I'm personally thinking a lot about.

imK likes this.
  10. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a kind of "best practices on raising your kids". But the problem is a degree higher, you don't want to raise a kid, you want to stablish a dynasty, a clan, a group that won't be spoiled by riches and won't be afraid to dare to create new riches. You can raise your children, but how do you make your grandchildren to be raised in the same way? More on this, you must raise them in a way they own personality is not crushed, but to flourish and grows up. You want to paint them in your colors, but you must leave space to their own colours to shine too.

Think about the people that is in the same clan for dozens of generations. They identify themselves as that clan, but are their values the same as the founder?

imK likes this.
  11. DomDomDom

DomDomDom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember a story plot for this kind of thing. Children of a sect are given their own private room next to library. Whenever they go to library by themselves, then their education starts. Their age does not matter whether it is five years or ten years. After completing education, they are given a surprise. Their sect enact a drama that someone attacked their sect and killed everyone. Now the children are sent out alone in the world believing that their whole family is dead. They have only themselves to depend on.
    This kind of education keeps their sect going on for years and years.

12. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot twist, the kid was unable to fend for himself, and died a dog's death at the doors of the sect.

There's one thing most of these novels have in common, is the adoration of books. Few are the novels where the MC doubts the content of the books, and when it happens, the contents were tampered or something like it. Is there any novel where the MC find that the books writen by the old masters simply are incomplete or have some things that are wrong? Like, it's not part of some nefarious plan by some villain or secret organization, it's simply that the books were written by normal people and normal people makes mistakes.

13. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop mating, there is no reason a bloodline should continue but it just does. If you see a reason it should end then end it(peacefully, violence is still generally bad and criminal).

14. DomDomDom

DomDomDom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So would you be happy to hand over your and your ancestors work to someone who can't even fend for himself. It's better for that kid to die then take over family,b stereotypical rich young master and cause death of whole family.

15. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people are perfectly capable, if they don't have some mental disabilities, to fend to themselves. All everybody needs is nurture, training, coaching, someone that shows them how you do fend for yourself. Throwing the cubs to the enemies and hoping the better ones can fend for themselves without prior preparation is just stupid. You let a lot of good enough ones die and even some of the better ones (Lady Luck don't smile at everybody, and sometimes she frowns to you for no good reason). A perfect waste of brains and talent (WOMBAT - Waste of Money, Brains and Time/Talent).

imK likes this.
  16. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link

rose is red belt and fist is blue. this is how spartan educate themselves

ElefantVerd likes this.
  17. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HOW DARE YOU TO DESECRATE OUR ANCESTORS BELIEFS AND TEACHINGS WITH YOUR PROFANE LIES.

BEGONE HERETIC!!!

but really... it's a cultural thing in Asia as a whole i think, revere books, and treat them as the perfect avatar of knowledge.

you can doubt everything in the world, but not a book that someone wrote, revised, edited and published his teachings.

prongsjiisan and ElefantVerd like this.
  18. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    This so much. Conservation and living off the land is woven into our ethnic identity. We have shared cultural beliefs at our core and this is what carries us through. Our kids are taught from the beginning why certain things are important to us and for what reason it is a point of pride in our identity, but it's not enforced. There's no point in trying to force things. We have too many strong and individualist characters who would immediately rebel if you attempted to coerce them to do anything. It might even create resentment and hatred instead. Who wants to raise their future opposition?

It's a multi-pronged approach. All receive the direct benefits of our way of life. Some resonate with the spiritual aspect of it. Some like it more for the financial aspect. As children we're all given the same training, but in different formats as suits us best. The elders take the time to figure out what we like and what we're best at. Then they help us with it in some areas and leave us to explore and experience in others. I remember an Indian friend once explaining the concept of 'many paths to god' to me. We have a similar approach when it comes to our family system. Many paths to enrichment of our culture and continued good fortune for our family maybe.

Martialegg likes this.
  19. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Beat them out. end of story, simple effective and works.