Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you only want to talk about the currently translated stuff, that is what LCD sub forum is for, this is the SPOILER sub form. No one has any right to complain about spoilers being posted in the spoiler section.
    This.

Dvenger, Svitlanak and Th.ay like this.
  2. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw, that's too bad.

I think what Orichan meant is that the reason why we are discussing the story in the spoiler thread is because we mix spoilers/talk about it in our posts making it a bit of a problem when you discuss in a normal chapter discussion thread. Which is why some of us prefer to just post here because it's safer.

3. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We only discuss spoilers here though. Our discussion shouldn’t move to the LCD thread simply because we don’t discuss those and also translation is too far behind (and chapters are divided in 2).

LynnLynn likes this.
  4. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. My point exactly. That's why I'm not against discussing in the spoiler thread. It would be better though if there's a way to pin the important spoiler comments for easier search.

solivagantsoul likes this.
  5. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly agree, though I do put a little more blame on Rashta. Thing is, Rashta doesn’t want to be a good queen, she wants to be spoiled. There are several times at the beginning where Sovieshu tries to explain why she can’t have something, like going to the special New Years dinner. And her response is to cry and act victimized.
    After Sovieshu makes the decision to make her a temp empress he does insist she start taking lessons. Not the full Navier lessons, but just the bare minimum so she can at least keep up appearances for the year. And her reaction is to cry and act like he’s bullying her. There is a point that he was expecting too much of someone who’s just recently become literate, but it’s not like she makes any determination that she needs to learn these things or work hard. There’s a certain amount of willful ignorance here.

Rashta has no sense of responsibility and a very shallow view of worth. Anytime she does something wrong or faced a challenge her one go to move is to go to a guy and get saved. The few times she’s at all proactive it’s almost always to tear someone else down rather than improving herself (kinda reminiscent of how her father sold her for his own well-being ). Her goal at any point is never to be a good empress, it’s always to gain adoration and flattery. Anyone who does try to talk sense to her is labeled as being mean, while she gleefully surrounds herself with bootlickers.

All the points stand on how she was woefully ill equipped for the job. But there was a thin chance there, if she were a slightly different person. I don’t think it takes that much brainpower to recognize the heaviness of the position. She could have done as Sovieshu asked and focused on etiquette so she could keep appearances, while leaning on the people he appointed to do the technical work. Maybe in 5-10 years she could have actually taken the reigns. But Rashta was too busy acting recklessly and placing importance on praise and flattery.

6. Chronos5884

Chronos5884 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it's not just willful ignorance but not understanding why it is important either. I haven't seen any moment where it seems like she was taken aside to explain just why she had to know all of that, and why an Empress needs to know or care.

It doesn't take much brainpower to recognize the heaviness of the position if you knew that it involved duty and work and weren't fed fairytales about high nobility and the court by the Emperor himself. I'm not really sure she ever had some points where she was shadowing the Empress at all and the Empress didn't like her around, so I have some doubts she's seen what it's like to be the Empress. And it's easy to think, the Emperor has all these tasks cause he's the Emperor and he's got to rule the country. The Empress' duties are just to support him. And leave it at a vague concept of coming by with tea and soothing his stress later. Maybe help with a few documents here and there. Chat with the noble ladies to maybe gather information. Stuff like that.

Also, somehow it never struck me that positions like concubines/wifes in ancient chinese noble families and empresses in this story had so much to do with budgeting and accounting and going through taxes and revenue and all that really, but it makes sense when I see it. I just forget about it most of the time otherwise.

To be honest, it took me years as a kid to understand that being royalty could be such a heavy burden. And by as a kid, I mean I still didn't really get it for the longest time until after I reached adulthood. And I am not a stupid person, just someone who never really thought about it or knew enough to know I didn't know jack shit about being a princess. As such, for me it's not hard to believe that without a very direct talk about the weight of the position, it would be difficult for me to grasp. And it would still take experiences and seeing it for it all to sink in for me.

I agree that Rashta's got a lot of shallow views, I just feel like her understanding of nobility and court and politics and the weight of her position were never really impressed on her properly. Even with the training being thrust on her.

For me, it's hard to be motivated or really care if I don't know the Why of the thing.

If I had to do a shit ton of homework daily when I only recently learned to write my name, I too would throw a fit, I'm just saying. Especially if I don't understand why I need to learn this, why I have to learn it so quick, and why it's so important to know this all by the time I become Empress. Wouldn't it be fine to take my time with it, right? Besides it's just knowing names, who really knows all of those anyways, and people would understand if I didn't recognize all of that, right?

At which point, I'd be like, screw your plans, I don't wanna be Empress do homework! Then I'd throw a middle finger at the homework and escape out the window, or at least daydream doing all that.

As a side note, I'll be the first to agree that I'm unsuitable as all get out to be an Empress. Accounting was kinda fun but as a thing I did every once in a while and I never had to deal with the responsibility. Paperwork is hell. Doing the social and having eyes on me? Hahahahahaha, funny joke. None of that sounds interesting to me. I generally like to do crafty craft stuff with my hands.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    syofiaa, Juliew92, Alessa and 3 others like this.
  7. solivagantsoul

solivagantsoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no offence but there are many people complaining about the discussions on the spoiler thread and i just want to give my 2 cents on the matter-

Agreed, it's probably vexing to come looking for spoilers on chapters you haven't read but be hindered by multiple 'discussions' on this thread. But let me make it clear, just because it seems like a discussion to you, it doesn't mean its the same for the next person. The people on the spoiler thread could be:
    a)people who just heard about the book and wanna see what's up
    b)they could be people who are patiently waiting for translations but still want to know some details/future events.
    c)up-to-date with MTL spoilers
    d)people who are reading the korean raws(the original book is complete)-these guys are ahead of the MTL readers.

everyone has their own understanding and emotions. therefore when we have people posting spoilers it's basically written hand-in-hand with the emotion they're experiencing. So sometimes we have contradicting opinions where we all want to give our 2 cents or correct another persons understanding-in result the so called discussion.

and sometimes people simply want to add into what others have mentioned...
    (also they are some people who can write really strategic and unbiased spoilers, they are simply straightforward. Their reviews really make people excited and wish to debate-I've personally experienced it.)

lastly in the spoiler section is the only place where you can talk about the events of the book where you don't break a readers experience or have to hold back in fear of giving out too much info-everyone is free to speak.

so please bear with it-or simply make your search more specific so the results are more narrowed down and you can find the content you seek easier.

syofiaa, Alessa and worldtraveller like this.
  8. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh if there is really a way to pin spoiler, it would be nice.

I understand that people want to discuss the series as we are all greatly hyped about it, but there is so much going on in discussion that the spoilers, sort of, get buried.

I can bear with it, yes.
    But I also do get annoyed from time to time as you discuss pages worth of it. I am just giving my opinion back then and was just suggesting, but if everyone is fine with this, then I will bear it also. Go on, I will just filter along as I have done before.

9. McKenna

McKenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exactly! I'm in category b and c. If there's anyone in category d, please do spoil for us here. I love spoilers. That's the main reason I came to this forum in the first place. And I do love the discussions, no matter how lengthy it is. So much so that I started joining in the discussion (could have been earlier but my computer recognised some notifications as spam). It's from this forum I was directed to the MTL at Naver.

Overall, it was so much fun being so invested in Navier & Co's story with a group of people. For me, keep the discussions coming folks!

10. divinelove

divinelove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just came across RE 3 days ago on wordexcerpt and I'm hooked! I am dizzy to read discussion here for I only want to read spoiler. But it's okay..

So, can someone elaborate how old are they? I haven't get a hold on the characters age. I assumed Navier and Shovie get married at as young as 18 (adult age for marriage). Then 3 years into marriage when they were 21 this story started. I think 21 yo. is a very young and understandable for shovieshit to be so foolish

Mikaa likes this.
  11. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc, Heinley is 19-20. Navier is 23. And Sovieshu is 25 (Hence, Heinley's wish being born 5 yrs older).
    EDIT: Searched and found the original post about it.

12. Chronos5884

Chronos5884 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any of the posters on the first page active and willing to edit their post to shove alll the spoilers in it? No?

13. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's what I meant. I didn't want us to split the thread because we are talking about spoilers. I am not complaining about the spoilers in any sort of way, so chill.

14. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huge spoilers found on insta, check the slides :blobwhistle:

Also here the last 2 posts but it's in Spanish...
    Apparently Trashta & Christa will
    suicide at the end
    not together but still....:blobneutral: and
    Duke Troby will be the next emperor after Shitshoe....and maybe one of Navier children will succeed as the next heir (maybe the girl? coz she a copy of Navier)
    :blobshh: also
    our couple will have twins, boy a copy of Heinley and girl a copy of Navier
    :blobparty:

15. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    So aside from Soviet, Sovieshu is also called seedless watermelon in mtl?

Huh. I did read before that his mind went back to being 19 years old as coping mechanism. I didn't know it was only during the day though, and his mind went back to being normal(?) at night (not sure I got this part right). Well, not exactly normal since he went crazy and started seeing hallucinations. He's more normal and capable as his 19 yrs old self, and the reason he got amnesia is because he fell from a high place after seeing a hallucination.

Navier's brother and lady-in-waiting have gotten together. McKenna and a dragon (Navi's magic teacher) will have BL romance after the dragon drank Kapmen's love potion and saw him. Kapmen will propose (?) to a princess (?) to help (?) Navier.

Well, that's what I understood from the spoiler. I wonder why is it that the next successor to the Eastern Throne is Navier's princess and not her brother though? Considering their father is now the next emperor, isn't it normal to have his son next in line? Well, I guess Koshar didn't like it, and his temper is not really into being an emperor. Probably having the previous Empress' princess is more acceptable (even with foreign blood) as much as having the Navier's father being in the throne? Like by virtue of being the Eastern Empress, they wanted her children to have it? And her father got the throne since he was the Emperor's father in law (and the most powerful figure in the empire next to the emperor).

PrismPixie, syofiaa, rrrrrrr3 and 9 others like this.
  16. Alessa

Alessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why this potion still exist :blobjoy:

PrismPixie, Kezi, Lisaa and 3 others like this.
  17. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    About seedless watermelon I think so too, it's referring to Shitshoe tho not 100% sure, it's difficult to understand.

About that princess that Kapmen has to marry, the only princess mentioned was Princess Charlotte of Whitmond (?!)...if you look at the Spanish account with spoilers and read/mtl, there's this princess that at the beginning was intended by the king of Whitmond to marry Heinley (become his concubine/queen) as to establish friendly relationship between 2 countries (Heinley wanted a port that whitemond had, so they agreed but then the King of Whitmond had to put the condition of marrying his daughter/Princess Charlotte), but then the princess cleared the misunderstanding that she wants to marry Koshar.

So, now it becomes clearer.... if Koshar married Navier's lady-in-waiting (they both were in love with each other), then that mention about Kapmen supporting/sacrificing by marrying a princess in order to help Navier (as he still loves Navier)...then he marries this Princess Charlotte of Whitemond.

About Duke Troby becoming the emperor after Shitshoe, well....I was expecting this or better to say I was thinking that one of NavierXHeinley child to become next heir after Shitshoe...just had this feeling especially when I found out that it was twins and then all the stuff about Trahsta failure and Shitshoe memory loss (and not only memory, he lost everything) . So I was a bit surprised now to know that Troby became the next emperor but if thinking.... the transition became more smoother and logical now. Navier children are still babies, the only person with enough power/influence in the country if not the entire continent now is Duke Troby. Also, I don't think that duke Troby...an intelligent duke with military power and one of the pillars of Western Empire with huge influence over decades, a loving father and loyal citizen.... will be that stupid to forgive Shitshoe for his misdeeds. He saw that Shitshoe was spiraling into nothigness and the empire started to crumble, so his move is expected. Koshar already settled in Eastern, and he's too much of a knight than an emperor. Navier is already busy, so her child is the only option. And I think even the people of Western Empire, after revealing Trashta and Shitshoe schemes and stupid actions, miss and need Navier (and Troby family) back more than ever.

Better to also read the spanish spoilers, you'll get Navier confession to Heinley! YAY...it's so cute! :aww:

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Avanthica, syofiaa, Faye30 and 7 others like this.
  18. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeas! this made me LMFAO HARD! :D imagine a blue little bird followed by a dragon that has those shoujo eyes (those ones with hearts in the eyes)....LOOOOOOOOL :blobjoy:

Dvenger, syofiaa, Alessa and 5 others like this.
  19. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe seedless watermelon as infertile? Some parts are confusing and don’t make sense to me (yet), but I’m super pleased for Mastas/Koshar.

20. McKenna

McKenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How were you able to read the Spanish spoilers? Do share. I tried but couldn't do it.

Navier confession to Heinley- tell us more please.

syofiaa and solivagantsoul like this.