Spoiler A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Artesia, May 7, 2016.

1. LoneDK

LoneDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol didn't think anyone would reply to this after 4 years. I already finished the novel like ages ago since I found a translation in my language. I agree it's a decent novel but towards the later half it became really tedious and repetitive. And I think there was another cultivation reset (or at least he was injured and his level dropped or smt) after the point I posted this (If memory serves it was when he crossed the desert to get to the big cultivation country). Not going to read the sequel tho since I read a few chapters of it and apparently he fell from the immortal world (Like seriously this author loves to fuck with the MC) and I get the feeling it's gonna be super repetitive.

2. terraheart

terraheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, my reply was just because after I finished the novel I searched all spoiler post and thought I'd answer them while my memory was fresh.

As for cultivation drop, I know you're talking about the arc where he went from Foundation establishment to qi condensation. My comment was more that it isn't a constant thing as oppose to it doesn't exist and I believe it kinda occurred only once more - he'll have his magic locked so cultivates his body.

I agree with the fact that in the last third there were quite a few arcs where you had to push through e.g. multiple war and auction arcs.

As for sequel, I haven't read it yet but I know it has a more satisfying ending - qidian picked it up with 60 chapters a couple of weeks ago but is not continuing yet. If they do translate it, it might be worth a read but I won't be machine translating because characters weren't endearing enough. Its still the best novel in terms of cultivation progression and significance of cultivation levels I've read. Switching to cliche novels you realise how most mc's by 30 are already max level and the side characters magically get power boosts. That's probably biggest thing I miss about RMJI. If author could write a novel with a more charismatic/ funny MC I'd definitely be interested.

LoneDK likes this.
  3. kim030303

kim030303 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some chapters in the second novel. It states that only yin flame and a green bottle are still in his possession. Others are lost after he encounters a powerful enemy.