Discussion Death of Chinese Webnovel Literature

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GDLiZy, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is very similar and it seems like the cn authors had better contracts until these changes.

the post made by the author seems to suggest that their new contract is more or less the same as english authors except that they cant take over our social networks

2. LegitPotatoXx

LegitPotatoXx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this what caused Reverend Insanity to be banned?

3. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    No. RI was banned during the censorship purge.

4. LegitPotatoXx

LegitPotatoXx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's that. Sorry I am new to this kind of news, normally I just read the shit I like.

5. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    a huge censorship wave that banned a lot of novels due to, I believe, some BL fan-fic that got too hot for the big brother to handle.

6. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author dissed china president, he got rekt.

the new contract have no relationship with the ending of lord of the enigma, its just a rumor , author posted about this, and the contract will not effect him that much anyway .

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2020
    Muspon likes this.
  7. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gone through a little digging and found that the author was planning to make Book 2 for it.

However, the contract will inevitably affect him after he finished the previous contract (ended in 2022 with one more book with at least 3M words.)

Hanten likes this.
  8. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's top author, i don't think he wil get effected like lesser known authors

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no. this has nothing to do with any bans.
    the banned novels are banned because they broke the censorship laws in china.

no different from any countries such as USA, Europe or Australia except that china's censorship laws are much,much stricter and there are many more things censored

Dragonil20 likes this.
  10. Dragonil20

Dragonil20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but the the report and flagging of his novel happened when he spoke bad about xi jinping causing the GOVT to ban his book

11. Dragonil20

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m honestly thinking of stopping reading Webnovels completely:/ time to find another hobby

12. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not going to be the end of China's webnovel industry as people here claimed. On contrary, Tencent did this mainly due to China webnovel industry gain explosive attention and they happen to successfully arm themselves with in-house studios to adapt IPs under their belt, so what they want is to accelerate their expansion with the expense of authors they employed.

What many people nowadays don't know that similar contract system also happens during Golden Age of Hollywood, where only a few powerful studios contract creatives not only actors and actresses, but directors and writers in a very unfavorable clause. Back then editors working for the studios are essentially have the final say instead of movie directors. That happens during 20s-40s, and ending in 70s after people getting sick of the same old hollywood formula and eventually Europe's art films stole their audiences. Only then new blood like Ford Coppola, George Lucas, and Steven Spielberg came to revitalize Hollywood industry with classics like Star Wars and Godfather, by that time Hollywood executive couldn't bring back the old slave contract system to these new filmmakers who already been exposed to Europe's and Asian's movie scenes.

That's going to happen in a new industry where the market is very capital oriented. Chinese authors more or less going to be under slave contract if the industry centralized under a few of powerful companies. Only by having people ditch face slapping junk food webnovels the situation will change.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Hanten, mjmking and asriu like this.
  13. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    This's one example about extreme awfulness of corporate that dominated market and running by people who lack conscience and morality without regard of their partner and employe

14. Dragonil20

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really , it wouldn’t have been banned if he didn’t make a personal comment against the CCP, before this incident it didn’t even get flagged it started after the twitter incident where he started getting harassed by trolls and pro CCP people. Don’t get me wrong I commend his bravery

Hanten likes this.
  15. Dragonil20

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly reading your comment sounds more like you trying to defend CCP and excuse their actions.Please don’t throw a political comment and say you don’t want to talk politics.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol im not here to talk or discuss politics. you're obviously trying to bring up politics when it has nothing to do with the current topic so you're blocked and reported as a troll.

17. Dragonil20

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn’t mention any politics unfortunately you did I just said the reason why an author got banned

18. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't understand why people would still read his novel after the crappy ending he pulled.

there was no reason to end it like that considering that he already said the new contract doesn't affect him at all and he is already contracted for 2 more years.

it seems like hes is another author that everyone should avoid

19. Deleted member 234525

Deleted member 234525 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, RI MC actively looks down on how authority works and talks about going against the system. Even without this, it would still be affected in some way or another.

20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Muspon and GDLiZy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.