LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it does feel like an impossible quest considering theres no way to tell (that we know of as of now) if a world has part of the samsara cycle without going to it and checking each world. also makes it seem like he needs to maybe put them all back together? even though it kind of sounded like he could just go to each one and get the different treasures i'd imagine something would happen if he puts them all back together. idk that seems like an impossible task though like you said

2. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why so? If that was the case, there's no way Barry would be able to save so many worlds like we heard he did. If you're talking about how the Tianma Empress claims that she could only use part of her power, I'd argue that you shouldn't trust everything that a Tianma says.

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking back to when they used the gourd to summon the tianma to the cultivation world and his shifu kicked her a** due to the suppression of the Laws on the tianma's power. Sure, we've seen that you can surpass the local Laws to a degree, but it shouldn't be to the extent that Barry just did. If that were possible, then the cultivation world would have been destroyed.

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought they only summoned a projection

5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cant lord class combatants easily destroy scattered worlds and thats why no one pays attention to them because they're so weak. so itd make sense for him to be able to ignore the laws if thats the case

6. The_Loner

The_Loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it even said that the laws of a world limit beings of other worlds?
    Edit: Maybe the Tianma's strength were limited to the abilities of the cultivator?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I thought the reason they summoned the projection was because the original couldn't enter the world due to her power level.

Its probably the difference between destroying a world and conquering it, but I'm honestly not sure. It could very well just be a plot hole, or me misremembering something. Or, it could just be that people 1-2 realms higher can still use their full power (as in the Shen Wu world arc), which is more than enough to wipe out everyone on the planet who's realm can't advance.
    In the cultivation world arc when the tianma were summoned from another world with the sacrifice of six(?) saints.

8. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
  9. akumetsu_F1

akumetsu_F1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys... after binging over 600 chapters in one go and ending up with an empty feeling in my stomach, I went to leave an honest review for this novel. It was great despite it's few flaws, so I planned to give a deserved 4 stars.

Yet, wtf. Top of the review page there's tons shitty reviews bashing on the novel. And for the first time, I just didn't agree with almost none of them.
    Half of them were hung up over something really petty and left a one star review. Others had made up some weird expectations as to what course the story should take or simply didn't actually read before bashing the novel.

Honestly, I'm flabbergasted. I don't understand why this novel got so much hate. I gave it 5 stars insteas lf 4 just for the sake of increasing the novels ranking.

Question: Why does this novel get so much hate?
    This is some of the best I've read and I normally can't stand Chinese cultivation novels...

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    People going into the novel with the wrong expectations.

tkato and gary0044187 like this.
  11. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol they probably expected this to be a videogame novel, or a mecha novel. I have found it great.

elengee likes this.
  12. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think tianma are being explained now to be tied to samsara worlds and having special rules for that, tbh, wouldn't be the first time the author hand waves inconsistency. but, tbh, it may have been the lack of comprehension of the laws that form the tianma that the cultivation society have. it may not be that the world was constraining her due to her power level, but because she was a tianma taking action outside of tribulation. (spitballing there, but I think recent chapters have shown us just how little they knew about the 900 million realms)

it may be the case for normal worlds but last night's chapters lead me to believe that destroying worlds may be easy but perhaps a world tomb/samsara world may be different.

13. akumetsu_F1

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand, every world has a barrier protecting it from invaders. Not necessarily that powerful beings would destroy the world just by descending onto it, but weaker entities can pass through more easily while powerful entities are kept out.
    The Tianma treasure was something given to the demonic beasts in the cultivation world that can connect them to the Tianma world. Something like a portal portal which they can freely control; which serves as a tool to banish their enemies onto the Tianma world or summon powerful beings in their world.
    I don't remember which one of these the Empress that fought against the saints in the cultivation world was trying to do, but either one could have turned the situation around.

It hasn't been specified at all how powerful an entitity needs to be in order to be repelled by the world barrier. But remember that Qi Yan was accidentally summoned by the people from Shen Wu, so this won't necessarily count as an invasion.
    In the same vein, the Tianma follow the laws of the heavens (tribulations) when infiltrating the world. So perhaps they don't count as "invaders" either.

On the other hand, from the previous Huang Quang incident we know that powerful demon lords for example are repelled by the world barrier.

14. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol thats kind of the norm on novel updates from what ive seen. most reviews arent really reviews but instead people complaining about what a novel should have been or how the main character should act differently and always know everything and never make a wrong decision. dont get me wrong there are definitely some bad novels out there but for the most part i think most harsh reviews are unwarranted. i'd say just dont read the reviews or look too deeply into the ratings and instead just read the synopsis and decide from there.
    well it doesnt help hes making up millions of worlds and also including space/time laws along with mechs and stuff. i think he might have included a few too many concepts that are on the more difficult side in terms of making up and making them make sense.
    maybe, the whole idea that somehow a weak planet can stop strong beings from using their full power though seems incorrect to me. take his earth for example, i'd imagine it can maybe stop someone 1 or 2 realms above its level cap but anything beyond that wouldnt make sense. how would planets get destroyed so easily if their laws prevent such strong beings from using their full power. i dont remember what level berrys at on the current power scale but im sure hes way beyond everyone on earth and GQS, so it would make sense that the earths laws cant actually effect/stop him. that or like you said its just a plot hole, it gets confusing at times so im sure even the author has gotten confused/forgotten all the rules and stuff hes made up at times.

15. akumetsu_F1

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I don't think powerful beings are nerfed in a small world or something. That wouldn't make sense.
    I think that they could destroy that world no problem, the issue would be infiltrating it.

This would explain why Demon Lords, despite being so powerful, need things like the Apocalypse and their calamities in order to invade their target world. It seems like, in the end, it's all a ploy to slowly weaken a world from inside and then invade from the outside.

elengee likes this.
  16. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That Tianma wasn't weak because of the suppression of the Laws on them, it was weak because it was simply weak, just like how the Saints of the demon beasts were pathetically weak that 1 Saint from humanity could beat 3-4 Saints from the demon beast's side. We've seen later on that being on a higher realm doesn't automatically make you stronger if you don't have the necessary powerful skills/techniques to use with the excess power supply. The Tianma's specialty up to this point has always been that they are beings made from souls and attacks to soul, so if someone were able to protect their soul well enough, they don't pose that much of a threat.

The Tianma wasn't summoned by sacrificing 6 beast Saints, the 6 Saints were collateral damage when they tried to capture the 3 Saints of humanity and bring them to the Tianma realm.

Hazeden and his kingdom's people were easily able to exert their full power and capture the Heavenly God on Reality; Xiao Die when she came to the Suspended world were able to do as she likes and defeated the strongest people of that world; Barry have been saving world after world that can't defend themselves against the demons; Demon Lords were free to run rampant on a weak world like reality's Huang Quan realm. Honestly, I truly believe that what the Tianma Empress told us about her powers being suppressed is a flat out lie, because so far she's the only one who claimed to be affected by that restriction. Furthermore, remember how she said that to kill Qi Yan in her own Tianma world she would've needed to sacrifice a lot of her subordinates? If she was so much more powerful than he is that she would be restrained by the world's power while Qi Yan wasn't, why would she need to sacrifice any subordinate at all when he doesn't know how to defend against Tianma? (At the time, Qi Yan was at early stage Virtualized realm, which was the peak for Shen Wu world before)

17. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR , MC let them in, having authority and all. Anyway, i think power wise , cultivators that use the 'power of nature' or the world , are more likely to get limited to the level of a world and Barry's strength is just purely physical and Kitty technical. Similarly to how Shifu didn't need to pay a high price to use skills beyond the cultivation world since they were all 'innate' and similar 'skills'.

Tianma being let in is related to tribulation system so it'd make sense for them to get limited to the level of the transcending person.
    Imagine the world allowing the progenitor empress to pop up for a newbie cultivator or whatever and then devour the whole world, there's obviously limitations and rules.

akumetsu_F1 and The_Loner like this.
  18. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its cool seeing the 2 sides meet like this, i cant wait to see what comes of it in the future chapters as this is the first time hes really introduced 2 groups of people he knows from his various points of interests. it also seems like he needs to do something about earth (and probably the cultivation world as well) cause even if he kills those guys the fact they know about the world tomb means others either do or can find out about both worlds. i wonder what option he takes to alleviate this problem though.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He really should interrogate them first. Killing them doesn't really help. More will come later after Barry and Kitty have left.

I wonder if he'll still be so cavalier in merging worlds now that he knows that doing so will attract flies, or if it will actually encourage him to speed the process up while the other club members are visiting.

20. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it would seem like gathering them all in one place would be the best bet, but if he doesnt have a place to hide it or way to protect it then all hes doing is making an even more attractive target for people. maybe berry/kitty can somehow mark the worlds showing their protected by berry, although by doing this its essentially ensuring whenever they go back into deep debt the worlds will be in trouble lol.