Recommendations Novels mmorpg

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Algaivia, May 5, 2020.

1. Algaivia

Algaivia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking for novels of a mmorpg. I read this around books of the LMS, around 800 chapters of King avatar and another Novel I forgot the name but the dude was a bodyguard...
    Not looking for the reincarnated inside the game but the actual gameplay, I stopped the King avatar since it became more about the competition and less actual gameplay.
    Did I managed to pass the message? Provide me some good advices
    Thanks a lot

2. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  3. TheLastAeon

TheLastAeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Caudyr

Caudyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One Man Army
    BJ Archmage - This isn't bad so far, but it's so early in the TL that it's hard to tell how good it'll be in the future given the pacing of the novel. =x

The others I would've recommended offhand have already been mentioned by others. ^^

6. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ark was like LMS's retarded little cousin, couldn't finish it. quite a few people really liked it though.
    Emperor of Solo Play, this was bad. maybe give it a shot, because it does have a following. but oh man, don't get your hopes up.
    Zhan Long (probably the bodyguard one you mentioned) was super good, not fully translated
    The World Online (stakes are set, game's teaching skills that will help people in the next world)
    return of the legendary guardian was horrible. in fact I just got out of a conversation where everyone that had read parts of that were talking trash about it, but if you like wow enough I guess you might like that one.
    Return of the Thief that Roamed The World (maybe that was the correct name) was ok, pretty good, I tend to like the ones where in game stuff empowers the player.
    Overgeared was good, but you will know early enough in reading the story whether you like it or not. trust me when I say, early on it is punishing to read. I always felt like maybe the author had a sense of humor that I didn't understand or that the jokes were being missed in translation. that one was infuriating at times.
    Haroon, very good, but unfortunately the translator quit.
    Praise the Orc, really good, got a bit too edgy for me 2/3 of the way in, as many kn stories do.
    Taming Master was ok, but something drove me away from it, don't remember.
    Return of the sovereign sword god, I think I thought this was good enough, but the combination of filler and rate of release made it punishing to read. especially when you are paying coins for it (it's webnovel)
    There's one I just binged over at webnovel, one of those self written ones, but 75% of it is behind paywall I will mention it in case you got coins to spare there, or have other ways of reading it, other warning before you get into it, author hasn't added anything in a month and a half- Realm of Myths and Legends

those are just my thoughts, there are several in the genre I think I have missed, many of them were god awful. some weren't really gaming stories though. lots that seem like they are but aren't. like world's apocalypse online, it's really good, but not a gaming story. and that one where the MC's an assassin and he gets the overpowered item first thing in game, turns out that one isn't a game story either

7. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1/2 Prince is pretty popular if you like female lead, genderbender there's a few like that, but not my lane, might want to ask about those. also there's quite a bit of jn shonen and shojo stuff out there, again not my lane