LCD Doulou Dalu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zante87, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think this would ever be finished

SayMrrp likes this.
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why so? It's been finished quite a while. (though I didnt read the last 3 chapters)

3. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh what a surprise to see the last 4 chapter by Bagelson to randomly pop up...

Name's as memorable as Nigel, but one outdid themselves compared to the other that went out like a flat tire. Either way, the journey finally ends for DD1 for me. Might as well check out whether DD2 is completely translated.

runsing likes this.
  4. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally finished DD. I was waiting for Bagelson's chapters since chapter 328 in 2018, because I wanted to read the rest in one go.
    The ending was fine. It wasn't satisfying at all and Bibi Dong's redemption played a role in that. I was expecting Tang San to let Qian Renxue alive and maybe even Bibi Dong as long as they left for the divine realm or whatever heaven is called there... but to see that she wasn't all that evil, that she, at least in the beginning, was also a victim made the death of the villain I hated be so underwhelming.
    Like: "Yo, I killed half the continent, massacred several clans, but I have a sob story, so you will forgive me, right?"

What would be awesome and would make me worship Bibi Dong is, if what she said at the end was actually a lie. That she didn't want to give them some peace of mind with her death and she wanted to torment them, even if it was just a little, for the rest of their lives. She would have played the Grandmaster so damn well, it really would laugh out loud.

Well, this marks the end of DD for me. I kind of touched DD2 (novel and manhua) and while it was fully translated already, I have no drive to read it. It will be quite similar to DD1 and probably all other DD sequels are more or less the same, so yeah, no thanks. I'm a sucker for this author's stories(at some point they'll sneakily cut onions right in front of my eyes), but one story per world is enough for me.

juniorjawz likes this.
  5. Yui1083

Yui1083 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DD2 as a whole disappointed me man...DD1 was far better...DD3 isnt that good either. Ive lost hopes in the author's books now....

Senros likes this.
  6. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a real shame. I liked DD1 a lot, Skyfire Avenue was pretty cool, because it's kind of scifi with cultivation and tons of wine and Divine Throne was also nice. It felt more like fantasy to me than a cultivation novel.
    Still, it's always more or less the same formula and that ALL heroines in those three novels get into some sort of coma and don't really do much for like a quarter of the novel is annoying. They either "die", get into a weird coma or lose their memories and change their personality...
    Thanks for the hint. I guess I won't be touching his novels for a long time (if I ever do come back to his stories.)

Yui1083 likes this.
  7. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    Author's ending has always been that way, which is why I don't really care much about ever finishing his books.

Nice writing though when he know what to write.

8. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy cow, I just checked and the quality translations have finally finished the novel? I'm late lmao