Discussion bl readers what do you like most in mc

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by iamreader, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of it are indeeed good that's why I dont hate it, but sometime the thirst kinda like too thirsty!!

Like for example

The vibe is tense, horror, survival and then ML eat MC tofu

Like..... it destroy the horror and tense plot / vibe! I'm like kinda mad about it.

Like hey we need to survive here, hold your thirsst!

If it is in romance section sweet story i guess is fine..

The TPO is important! but sometimes too thirsty ML eat it everywhereee

Loni4ever likes this.
  2. jealisu

jealisu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have the potential to like any mc who is written well enough. the best type of mc is the kind that is smart enough to be powerful and independent but dense enough to not realize the ml is in love with him.

my guilty pleasure is soft and pretty but op mcs. i just like the contrast, ya know?

3. jealisu

jealisu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahaha for my reply above i should've just quoted this with the clarification that i like both attributes.... stuffed into one mc.

4. hakuna matata

hakuna matata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly I already read both of them, but I never get bored reading it especially the manga, I freaking love it (y)(y)(y)(y)
    But Thanks anyway :X3::X3:
    Yup let's be friends :aww::aww:

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  5. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too! it is such a good one!!
    Yes yes!

hakuna matata likes this.
  6. krazeden

krazeden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not the original poster, but the description definitely made me think of the ML from My Husband is suffering from a terminal illness! I finished the whole thing and ML is totally a cute puppy, a bit of a tsundere, and pretty pure cuz he gets shy so easily from MC's teasing.
    CG is translating it right now.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-husband-is-suffering-from-a-terminal-illness/

hakuna matata likes this.
  7. hakuna matata

hakuna matata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading this but there are not many chapter being translated yet so I'm gonna stock pile it first then binge read it, I did try MTL caused I was too impatient, but I didn't continue MTLed make my brain hurts

8. nachte

nachte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it when a MC shows both strength and vulnerability. It might be physical strength, brainy smarts, or strength of conviction, but something that keeps the MC standing tall even as he fails or suffers and shows some kind of weakness or a human side to him over the course of the story. This makes me want to cheer on the MC without fail.

9. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I love an MC who isn't stupid, but they can be dense, there is a difference. They don't need to be physically strong as many novels don't revolve around fighting but mentally strong. However, if the MC isn't mentally strong in the beginning but develops and changes as a character though out the story then that's fine. it's fine to create characters with human faults because it makes them more relateable and realistic but if that character never changes or evolves in some way then it falls flat for me. I also love an MC who isn't pressured into love or a relationship. I like it when they enter the relationship because they want to not because the ML wanted it. I also love it when the MC will take care of the ML. I love it when they will fight for their love!! I know cheesy but I've seen so many MC who never seem reciprocate the ML's feelings. It seems like they never have to lift a finger for the ML and it feels one-sided. I'm not asking for the MC to help the ML as many times as the ML helped him but DO SOMETHING! Show that the MC is as serious about the relationship as the ML is. I love a healthy relationship (y)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.