Spoiler The yandere came during the night

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aquaa, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Yandere Came During The Night (忽如一夜病娇来)
    Raw Link:
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2261898
    NU Link: None.
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This is a beautiful and light novel about a disabled woman who was transmigrated into novel and became the cannon fodder. What I like about the novel is how smart and cute our MC, despite being disabled most of the novel. I like her relationship with people around her and how she was determined to carve a place for herself. The novel is a light read with some drama from the original female lead. What I love the most is the relationship between the MC and the ML. I love how they support each other throughout the novel and was equally dependent on one another. I love how the MC has a backbone and doesn't let people bully her and how realistic she is about her abilities and feelings towards other characters.
    Description: (If someone could help translate the blurb & title, it'll be greatly appreciated.)
    两家人抱错孩子,一户商家,一户侯府,地位千差万别。
    虞襄很不幸穿成了被抱到侯府的商家女,一来就身世曝光,双腿残废,脑袋上还顶着个‘丧门星’的称号。
    无奈之下只得牢牢抱住侯爷哥哥的大腿,先把日子混下去,等正主儿回来就麻溜的让位。
    几年之后正主儿回归,虞襄包袱款款准备走人,却发现抱大腿的技术太专业,侯爷哥哥不让走了!

侯爷把酒掩笑:千娇万宠养大的童养媳,岂能说走就走?

扫雷:1,女主前期坐轮椅,后期恢复正常。
    2,女主病娇,翻脸比翻书快。
    3,金手指大开,甜宠文,绝对不虐女主。
    4,傻白甜,神逻辑,请自带避雷针。
    5,日更,定点更,每天早上9:30.过时没更一定是蠢作者设置存稿箱的时间出错了。

I've read this novel using Google Translate, but I've reread it enough to say this novel is a super sweet story about a disabled young girl who was transmigrated into a novel after she donated her heart to her beloved twin brother who had a heart attack and needed a transplant right away (also forced by her disgusting family since she's a girl, and disabled, therefore not as valuable as her twin brother, without brother's consent.)

Anyway, she was transmigrated as a cannon fodder character of the novel. Thus, knowing this character's future fate, she was determined to survive there and stay out of the lead female's way when she'll appear.

Edit: Added the newly translated title. thank you so much, Eishun!!! :D

Credits for everything pasted here to @Eishun @soriya

Can someone please post spoilers,looks interesting...

jkumi7, augacutan, rock.doll and 17 others like this.
  2. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sees the title*
    *Reads yandere......YANDEREEEEEE*
    *Hides behind the wall*:blobpeek:

jkumi7, Vaviana, Lovina and 5 others like this.
  3. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    It's sounds really interesting !!!
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Aquaa likes this.
  4. XxVioletxX

XxVioletxX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great, but the story looks somewhat sad:blobcry:

Creolenerd and Aquaa like this.
  5. Nobody

Nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also like to give this a try...

soriya and Aquaa like this.
  6. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 anyone?

It's now being translated on nuf

Venice1 likes this.
  7. Venice1

Venice1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s nuf? And where can I find it?

8. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading the raw's for this (almost at the half way point), what do you wanna know?

mmem and Kings_101 like this.
  9. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Venice1 likes this.
  10. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm about MC and ML relationship

Is the original FL bitchy?

How's the relationship between ML and his father?

Is there Original ML (the love interest of Original female lead)? If yes is he good or bad?

Or just a give quick summary of what you read lol

mmem and Venice1 like this.
  11. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL-ing this one, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND <3

It's borderline incest but isn't -- things only develop after MC transmigrates. That means MC isn't blood-related to her brother (per the summary in NU) and they have a really sweet relationship.

You could describe their romance as: two yanderes madly in love with each other and feeding dog food to everyone.

Also the characters in this novel that get some focus are decently developed and do change over time. For example, one of the early antagonist girls actually reforms later after she realizes how stupid she's being and gets along well with MC. Female protag is a massive pain and green tea b*tch, but it's more like her uselessly trying to run into a brick wall -- ML (the brother) and grandma support her at home, Princess Jiu and Emperor and Empress support her at court. Also anyone with a brain picks up the hints MC throws out, takes a look at female protag, and nopes out of there.

MC's personality is straightforward and kinda arrogant and overbearing? It's actually just like her brother in that sense LOL, only her brother tends towards unapproachable I-will-kill-you bloodthirsty aura. (we find out later why the brother is so guarded against women, it's a very squick near-miss when he was very young and didn't know to protect himself)

Edit: Forgot to add, the plot isn't really deep and meaningful or anything in this story lol. Just consider it a sweet doting love story with very satisfying face-slapping.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  12. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about her original twin brother ? I really like him lol

chuvalulu and miko_ like this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Still MTL-ing lol, but I'm guessing her original twin brother's soul = ML's soul. ML is said to be 70-80% similar to original twin brother's appearance or something.

Male protag is 4th prince.

Grandma has a really WTF moment later on when she kinda goes crazy denying MC & ML's relationship and attempts to marry off MC, but tbf those were conservative times. Incest (even almost incest) is a big thing. I'm guessing Grandma just had a gut reaction to it all, kinda like some homophobic parents finding out their kid is gay, because she later regrets it big time and totally okays the marriage.

14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished MTL-ing, don't think we're ever told if ML is the twin brother or not. It feels like the story got finished without some of these plot points filled in, but it's still got a coherent (if simple) plot. Focus is on MC and ML's lovey-dovey story anyway lol.

3 extras for this novel btw: for MC, female protag, and MC's biological brother in this life.

MC: gets married to ML and they live a happy life together. Nothing complicated, MC gets pregnant.

Female protag: Sent in exile with her biological mother up north. Was raped on the way by a guard but not content to live a regular life, becomes a mistress of a lord, then prostitutes herself and finally ends up even worse than before. The rape part made me feel bad but when she started shoehorning her way into being a mistress and I recalled all those things she did to everyone in the novel...well, some people are just asking for karma to punch them in the face. ML shows up briefly to make sure she wasn't causing trouble (i.e. going to be a future danger). Her mother was smarter than her btw, she didn't have any hoity-toity ideas and just worked as a laundress.

MC's biological brother: Poor guy was super unfortunate in that female protag ruined the family (had a hand in bankrupting family probably, abandoned foster mother for silver, blackened and ruined his career as an official/scholar, then tried to mess about with MC). In this extra, he gets some sweetness -- he falls for the cute foodie Princess Jiu. He despairs of being able to marry her but Princess Jiu solves that herself by asking her brother (now Emperor) to bestow a marriage to her with him. LOL.

15. emmyazzy

emmyazzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Erm I wonder if it’s weird for one of the translator in this novel to spoil the contents of the novel. But I’m also kinda excited to share some spoilers.

Firstly, it isn’t a sad novel or a complicated novel(in my opinion) at all. I think it’s rather simple since the main focus of the novel is on relationships. There were no mention of politics etc. It may be cliche to some as well but it has always been my favourite novel. And, the novel that I would immediately think of when you mention ‘what’s your favourite fake siblings novel’. As for the sad part, there are still be sad parts but it was overcome with their perseverance or stubbornness on their relationship or their mindset on things. Thus, I didn’t really find it sad nor complicated.

Secondly, the male lead isn’t a twin brother of the female lead. He is her legitimate (di) older brother. Where he is her supposed legitimate blood brother (her current position in the family).

Thirdly, the female lead did mention that, similar to her brother and her in the past life, the female lead and the male lead has strong telepathy bond. But from what I remembered, it is mostly the female lead’s ability to sense when the male lead is in danger etc through dreams. (I think that may be her golden finger since it did give a better impression to the old madam/male lead’s paternal grandmother).

And sadly, the twin brother in her original world isn’t mentioned at all in the novel except when she compared their resemblance in certain way. v.v I also had a good impression of him and was curious what happened in her original world.

Lastly, as for the Yandere, in my opinion, I feel that the male lead is more of a Yandere than the female lead especially later into the chapters. He is super possessive. They are a touchy couple. Hahah.

16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty for the details! :cookie:

And yeah lol, guess it could get confusing with the brother relationships. We were just speculating if the modern!brother who MC gave her heart to keep alive was the same as the marquis/general brother. Too bad it's never revealed, as you said...

True lol, ML is really quite yandere. But he's so sweet with MC that it's cuteeeeee :blobmelt:
    I love the fluffiness of their relationship, they love each other so muchhhhh~

Vaviana, chuvalulu, Yuunayoon and 4 others like this.
  17. ...vegan

...vegan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please:aww:

18. Marwa_lay

Marwa_lay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there an more spoilers ?
    like some trash trying to humiliate the mc or doing something bad to her and karma hit them in the face ??

19. emmyazzy

emmyazzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yess. There is. Mainly the shu/illegitimate sister of the male lead. But from what I remember(since it has been a while since I have finished reading it), I don’t remember it being like a karma hit them in the face. It’s more like “educating” her like the female lead always has the upper grasp of things. She may seems weaker in the first few chapters but once she is really pampered by the male lead she isn’t weak anymore. This is where the male lead told her something along the lines like you can do whatever you want I will have your back and even give her a whip to use. The female lead then went back to her usual proud personality like her last life.

Hmm another character I thought of is the male lead’s mother. An example would be when the male lead’s mother finally found her real daughter/“the original female lead”. She tried taking back all the power the female lead had as the lady of the house (the one who manages the household) and passed it to her daughter. The female lead was fine with that and willingly passed it back to them. It was only when the female lead wanted to buy something from a merchant she usually buys then she spot an issue with how the male lead’s mother and the original daughter didn’t handle the employees of the family well and I believe the male lead’s mother and original female lead overspent on their expenses(the female lead realised this when I think the family owes money from the merchant she was buying from I think). Like everyone became lazy and if I remember correctly the employees stole money and in the end it was returned to the female lead since the female lead manages better.

Another example is when the male lead’s mother kept implying that the female lead is an unlucky star that affects their family. But in actual fact, the Chinese character (ba zi) was actually this “original female lead”/ her real daughter and the female lead is actually the person bringing luck into the family. Thus, when she really returned back to the family. The original daughter caused a lot of problems for the family. For eg, the male lead’s family is siding with the crown prince politically (plus they r good friends) but this original female lead wants to be an empress so she tried to side with one of the princes to destroy the family completely. By her siding with the other prince, it’s treason because the other prince wants to rebel against the king.

Karin17, jkumi7, H.G and 16 others like this.
  20. Marwa_lay

Marwa_lay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ( she donated her heart to her beloved twin brother who had a heart attack and needed a transplant right away (also forced by her disgusting family since she's a girl, and disabled, therefore not as valuable as her twin brother, without brother's consent.)
    what was her brother reaction when he find out , or was that not included in the novel?

augacutan, Yuunayoon and Venice1 like this.