Discussion The good guy.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zeusomega, May 10, 2020.

?

What do you think he should've done

1. Nope, he did the right thing, the trouble isn't worth the gain

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Should've thought more and taken atleast a part of it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nope, he should've taken the whole thing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/09/us/atm-cash-135000-albuquerque-police.html

A guy found 135000 dollars of cash left unattended in atm, he gave to the police. Now he's been honoured as a hero and given a small job at the police station.

Everyones calling him a hero, but I feel that kid missed his chance. What do guys think?, Was it smart to give away the whole money and prevent the risk of getting caught?, Or was it naive and ignorant of him to give away the chance?.

2. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the guy's a criminal justice major, so either he takes the job or takes the cash and changes his major. Because that's gonna weigh down on your conscious for sure.

As a note, as someone who's lived in Albuquerque for a good bit, that money would've been pretty damn hard to spend. I mean, you're gonna have to deposit it sometime, or just be carrying around some pretty large amounts of money. You really don't wanna be doing that in Albuquerque. Really.

reagents 11, imK, Blitz and 3 others like this.
  3. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he didn't have to carry around.he could've hid it somewhere and wait till the heat went down. Well no one gonna know he's a criminal until he's caught right?, So he can just continue CJ majors,might even work towards covering up his character.

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    ATMs have cameras, and $135,000 is chump change.

imK and reagents 11 like this.
  5. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Hence why he's called a hero since the less morally right option is much more beneficial to himself yet he rather choose the less beneficial option. In the end his deed do rewarded and properly recognized so i see nothing wrong with his choices.
    Of course he can use the money for himself to start on something with bigger returns than a mere job he has now but those too had it's own risks.

6. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since $135,000 is chump change to you, can I borrow $20,000

7. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's worth the trouble. It's a big amount of money, whoever forgot it there(idk who in their right mind would do this) or left it isn't just putting there for charity. So he's/she's either going to come back for it or after you relentlessly. You either take a very big risk and live a life of a paranoid or just be a hero. Though I can see people reacting differently in the heat of the moment maybe?

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  8. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only that, they would have the record of serial codes for the notes as well, they could blacklist it and trace when it's used.

But there must have been a way to get in the blind spot, then create a scene that the notes been burnt, it's still suspicious, but if he could hide it for a few years the the servers at the federal reserve or the bank wouldve deleted the numbers. Then the notes could be used.

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    that lot of money~
    this cat agree to give money to police cuz if this cat take it mean troublesome thing~
    you see cracking down amateur like this cat is super easy for police~
    if this cat really want da money worst case just take some for pocket money either take it before give da police or negotiate with da police~ treasure found fee I guess?

it troublesome~
    19656.png

10. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    This. Not only would the ATM itself have a security cameras, you've also got to consider other sources. Traffic cameras, general surveillance, security cameras on other stores and around the area, people using their devices and could inadvertently catch you in the background, passersby who might recall you later on...it's really not worth the risk. Middle of the day, downtown, out in public. Risk assessment says nah, not worth risking my future over 135k. He made the right choice. Good on him.

11. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Not worth the trouble, given that he would be found out almost immediately anyway.

12. Irlin-senpai

Irlin-senpai I ain't got a Clue(-chan)

Reading List:
    Link
    It's in an atm so I won't dare touch it. Heck, I would avoid going in there altogether and just call the police. I mean like, what if it was a bomb disguised as something else:sweating_profusely: