LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His physical and mental age is so off-putting...feels so unreal

NovelsAreLife, Return, Senros and 3 others like this.
  2. unclebebby

unclebebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to hold off and binge this new arc (spirit realm) once it's all ready, can anyone give me an estimate of chapters I'll need to not read?

3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its cause it flips so often. there are times hes extremely astute and aware, and other times hes just completely clueless. hes kinda like the parasite queen in that regard, shes been so smart all this time in slowly taking over paradise but she doesnt seem to ever notice fully whats happening around Seols star. you'd think since she cant leave the throne and Seol is the only one that can threaten her shed constantly be watching it and notice things like Eun Yuri's star but i guess not.

4. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr. It's not like he was abused or neglected as a child, also those parts where his ex gf and his mum gaslighted him, that sh*t shouldn't work. Even young boys would know and had the instincts that their peepee will go big and hard when there's a girl.

5. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I think around 40 chapters? I know for a fact in the 350s he is supposed to be somewhere else entirely (from spoilers thread).

unclebebby likes this.
  6. unclebebby

unclebebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp, see you guys in July then!

7. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me: *draws a picture*
    Seol Jihu: "I can’t tell what he tried to draw. I don’t see a bamboo forest or an ocean…."
    Me: *averts gaze*

If they could avoid deserters in time of war like this, why didn´t they do so sooner?
    Seeing Charlotte scream was nice, but i was expecting her to shot lighting laser beams from her eyes =p

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2020
  8. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats a pretty big plot hole that she can ban the reentry of those who lied to get out of war. Teresa or her father would have done that so long ago if that was a thing. i guess it could be explained Teresa and her father maybe already used their royal edict and they only get 1 or a small amount but your telling me no royal family before this used one of their royal edicts to stop desertion?

9. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ limits placed on the tutorial and restrictions on rank 5 are the only two that come to mind.

10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also you gotta be pretty stupid to try to leave Eva in a time of war after the representative team literally just killed the previous group in power for what they were doing in Eva. im sure some of them could ditch the war without getting caught but im sure because its such a common thing that earthlings have done they have some way to at least catch some of them that leave during times of war. idk that guys whole argument was extremely stupid to me, i mean i get he obviously just didnt want to fight but it wasnt like it even half made sense. it was cool to see Charlotte grow a little as a character though.

11. Midnight2630

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah...there´s many things they could have done to better the chances against the parasites(force earthling to take it serious), but i feel like the 7 Gods simply don´t care...or it´s the good old plot hole.

12. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well i wouldnt say its because the 7 gods dont care. they're very limited in what they can do, and we simply dont know what they knew about earthlings before they summoned them and what powers they gave the royal families before they became really limited in what actions they can take. at the beginning of earthlings being summoned it was going well from what we've seen, the banquet was what it was supposed to be and before big organizations came in and started playing politics the tutorial wasnt as regulated because earthlings just did the right thing. so its hard to say the gods dont care its more just earthlings slowly started to get worse as more and more came but it was too late for the gods to do much of anything about it. im hoping we get more info on what powers the royal families received from the gods though because we've now seen Charlotte be able to seemingly ban any deserters and we've seen Teresa in the previous timeline send Seol's feelings back to the past. so they clearly have some advantages we just dont know how many or how big of an advantage they have.

13. Midnight2630

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm it´s hard for me to believe the 7 gods didn´t know about human nature(paradises humans aren´t much different).
    one of the things i wonder since the beginning of the novel is how Karma works, when earthlings do something 'good' for paradise, the gods can give them help in increasing their lvl or whatever else, but when they f*** up nothing seems to happen? they should at the very least make use of the contract when they enter Paradise to do something about it(suck their souls or whatever lol). maybe the Gods true plan is to raise another God like being(seol)? only then the Parasite Queen can be defeated? that´s why the others don´t matter much....ugh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Or like i said before P.L.O.T H.O.L.E.

14. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Earthlings in general are stronger than the natives.
    2. There was no Earthling (save for that Executor who tried to save Beastmen) who truly tried to actively act to save Paradise. Yes, even the Executors are almost no different from the rest – they just the minimum expected from them and they simply have more power that is why they can do more. Avaritia's Executor isn't any different.

The mere fact Seol existed and that Seol would likely side with Eva even if those weakass Earthlings leave for another city gave Charlotte the courage to hammer such edict. ofcourse this is other than the fact that she likes him.

The Gods can basically be considered as 'illegal tenants' while the Parasite Queen is the 'landlord'. Illegal tenants may be able to bring people in, but they are limited with how many they can bring. So those they bring expand their (7 Gods) influence so that they are able to bring more.

Say one day, they (7 Gods) decided to kill these people (as punishment) they brought in with the limited ability they have...do you think the rest would still bring people thinking that it might be for naught?

They'd likely leave all together. Just like how they frakkin' leave every war.

tkato likes this.
  15. Midnight2630

Reading List:
    Link
    tsk tsk tsk, if you can make profits (super big ones at that), there will be people who will take the risk for it.
    They could always have made a contract with some country to monopolize Paradise sending their profissional trained soldiers, etc. or calling mercenaries. Anyway if everyone knew the risks right from the get go and made some oath from the start, to really fight for Paradise, they wouldn´t be able to run, betray and mess things up later on.

...the 7 Gods are indeed weaker than the Queen...
    ...well but all of it won´t really matter because the moment the Queen finish digesting the Chief God leave her throne and be able to do her things...(she will clap her hands and everyone will die?) =S

16. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its not so much the motive/reasoning behind issuing the edict that i question, more so the simple fact that its actually possible. if she is indeed capable of doing such a thing, then it makes sense for Charlotte to do that. i have an in issue with the fact its even something thats possible to begin with and that no other royal family did it. if every royal family issued that same edict it wouldnt really matter where the earthlings went because they'd all have to answer draft calls. even if lets say they go to a city far from the current front line as long as all the paradise royals are on the same page they could just help each other out (which maybe the paradise royals are still playing politics and not all working together who knows). what you said makes sense Seol definitely helps make it easier to make such a move, but it should have been possible before this imo. idk its just a weird thing to pull out this late in the novel lol

17. Sacrilegious Envy

Sacrilegious Envy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helloo, this is my first time here, so can anyone help me with something? I've been looking for the raws of the novel, but I can't seem to find them. I want to try to read ahead in the MTLs cause I will start to get real busy very soon. Can anyone help me by pointing to where I can find them? MTL or raws? Thanks a lot if you can~

18. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    You can search..or I give you the thread where the link might be in.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-second-coming-of-avarice.72754/

unclebebby likes this.
  19. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    So how is it going so far? I had been stacking chapters to avoid cliffhangers

20. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe wait a couple more weeks. We are in the middle of a fight and there should be another one soon.

tkato and kuroAnsatsu like this.