Mysteryquest 0.0

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Oneflame, May 11, 2020.

1. Oneflame

Oneflame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ?

You wake up in the middle of the woods.

You don't remember anything, other than one word: Amnesia.

Do you have amnesia? asidgajsdgasdsad hi

Ok so

Huh?

Ok so you're in the woods and you just woke up.

There are trees everywhere and no sign of owls.

What do you do?

Lurking likes this.
  2. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    proceeds back to sleep.

felidormit and AncientFang like this.
  3. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    I stare, don't breathe and die.

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Create a corridor of darkness and portal out of there. ( ^ω^ )

6. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's dark, I try to climb a tree just in case something appears. If I can't climb a tree, I stay hidden behind a bush or something. If it's still day time or not night yet, I try to find my way out.

7. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    i listen for the sound of wildlife and also i climb a tree

8. Oneflame

Oneflame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You go back to sleep. Yay. Then some shouting wakes you up. Damn. You slept for about 31 seconds. It was good sleep though. You dreamt about owls.

You stare, don't breath, and die. Oh no, you have died! You may restart from the beginning if you'd like.

You panic. "AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" you shout. There's something rustling in the bushes. Too dark to see much though.

You create a corridor of darkness and portal out of there. Whew. You are now in a shopping center. There are lots of people walking around, none of whom you recognize.

It's dark so you climb a tree. You are now sitting on the tree top. You suddenly hear shouting from somewhere. As far as you can tell, there are still no sign of owls or any other creatures nearby.

You listen to the sound of wildlife. You suddenly hear shouting from somewhere. It didn't sound like wildlife, exactly. You climb to the top of a tree. All seems silent for the time being.

9. Melodious Nocturne

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to go shopping! *goes to the cookie and video games stores* ( ^ω^ )

10. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I invoke pumpkin fairy magic. there should now be many pumpkins at the base of oddly spaced trees, carved like so
    20200514_112127.jpg

Being the eyes and ears of the pumpkin fae now up a tree, meditating to see if there are any dryads nearby with whom to initiate contact

minion pumpkins have task, discover strange noise's origin

11. Oneflame

Oneflame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You go to the cookie and video games stores. You purchase a box of cookies and a game named Mysteryquest, using 20 monies total on the purchases. The store clerks appear to be dryads. They thank you for the purchases.

Your inventory:

- 10 monies
    - Box of cookies
    - Mysteryquest the video game

You invoke pumpkin fairy magic, summoning lots of pumpkins all around the base of the trees. The pumpkins are meditating to see if there are any dryads nearby. There are two dryads nearby. One of them collects some of the pumpkins.

The pumpkins also seem to have located the strange noise's origin. Someone not too far away had apparently been shouting. The pumpkins have the individual partially surrounded.

(Previously) You panic. "AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" you shout. There's something rustling in the bushes. Too dark to see much though.

Some pumpkins soon appear around you. They seem to be meditating. The bushes continue to rustle.

(Previously) It's dark so you climb a tree. You are now sitting on the tree top. You suddenly hear shouting from somewhere. As far as you can tell, there are still no sign of owls or any other creatures nearby.

As you continue to observe from atop the tree, a figure soon appears. It looks like a dryad. It's collecting some pumpkins that have appeared on the ground.

12. Melodious Nocturne

Reading List:
    Link
    I go find a place to play the game and eat the cookies.

13. Jden

Jden Well-known Dorse

Reading List:
    Link
    Look for the owls

14. Oneflame

Oneflame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You find a recreation room with a nice view of the beach and start playing the game and eating the cookies. The game starts out at a character creation screen.

Character Name: ________
    Character Type: Dryad / Owl / Earthworm
    Character Starting Location: The Woods / The Castle / Outer Space / Festival

You eat a cookie, it's yummy.

You look for owls. There doesn't seem to be any around. Wait, there's something flying in the sky! No, it's just a wyvern. It's flying towards a castle in the distance. The castle is not owl shaped. It is castle shaped. No sign of owls...

Melodious Nocturne and Jden like this.
  15. Melodious Nocturne

Reading List:
    Link
    Character Name: Demyx
    Character Type: Dryad
    Starting Location: The Castle

Yummy cookies are yummy! ~\(≧ω≦)/~

16. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Floating up off the tree, I twirl the sceptor of my mind. I order my minions to march, and fly in search of dragons, owls, mystics, and mages.

17. Oneflame

Oneflame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Character created! The game begins with a prologue scene about a king who can't find his slipper, and seeks the help of a mystic to help him find it. The mystic tells the king that his slipper is on a faraway deserted island in the middle of the ocean, so the king goes off on his search. With the castle now kingless, factions have begun to form, vying for control over the seat of power. There is also a random unrelated scene of some ducks doing pushups.

The game is now starting. You are Demyx, a dryad who awakens inside the castle. You are currently in the castle corridors. A large archway nearby leads into a courtyard, where various patricians and other castlefolk are walking about. Among them are a few members of the high council, a caretaker, and a mage selling magic scrolls. Back inside the corridor, there are a set of stairs going up and another set going down, as well as a number of rooms along the walls. A group of young nobles are walking around the corridors.

Meanwhile IRL you eat another cookie. It's yummy, in a different way. It tastes like moonlight, which you reckon is an odd way to describe a taste.

You are now high up in the air, your pumpkin minions flying all around with their leafy wings, in search of dragons, owls, mystics, and mages.

It's dark but you see some storm clouds in the distance. You can see flashes of lightning coming from there. One of your pumpkins named Flerba has met a dragon. The dragon then seizes and kidnaps Flerba! Meanwhile, a group of your pumpkins have discovered a mystic who lives on a nearby mountain. The mystic welcomes your pumpkins to stay the night, telling them a story about soil.

Lurking likes this.
  18. Melodious Nocturne

Reading List:
    Link
    (○□○)Ducks!! *stays far, far away from any white colored duck, especially any duck that looks like it can wield magic* <-*has a trauma, even if, according to you, he doesn’t remember it*

*buys some water magic scrolls from the mage*

*wanders about, looking for somewhere interesting*

Cookie tastes like home! ( ^ω^ )

19. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I dance through the air, bouncing off Wind's gusts to create a pumpkin diagram in 4D and imbue it with my magic, then swirl right through the center like a knife and send the boost over to Flerba as a buff of inspiration for aid in diplomacy with the lightning dragon.

Floating with Wind-kun i drift to the nearest sea breeze flowing like the stalks of an overgrown wild pumpkin and sending steady support to the pumpkins visiting the Mystic so they don't lose themselves, creating a mindlink in the background while i sail to the sea and conjure tricks and treats to share with Wind on our journey.

20. Oneflame

Oneflame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ducks scene greatly startles you, though you aren't entirely sure why.

You have your character buy some water magic scrolls from the mage. You obtain Scroll of Summon Ocean Elemental, Scroll of Tropical Rain, and Scroll of Aqua-Manipulation. The mage thanks you for your purchases.

You have your character wander about, looking for somewhere interesting. Down the corridor you see a white duck carrying a magic staff walking towards you, which terrifies you. You immediately turn around and walk in a different direction.

You begin heading down a dark hallway. There are spooky lights coming from some of the rooms. A jester is sitting on the floor crying. There are also fireflies flying around. A couple of knights wearing full plate armor are patrolling around the hallway, they don't seem to notice you. At the end of the hallway are a set of stairs leading down to an even darker place. There is then a loud thud that shakes the entire castle. The knights look around, and then resume their patrolling.

Flerba receives your buff of inspiration and negotiates with the dragon. The dragon roars, shooting a beam of lightning into the sky, but soon lets Flerba go. The dragon then flies towards a castle and lands on its rooftop, Flerba following after them.

Meanwhile you float with Wind-kun, drifting to the nearest sea and sending steady support to the pumpkins visting the Mystic. With your help the pumpkins are able to hold on to reality as they make their journey through the spiritual landscape, during which at one point they see the silhouette of an owl taking flight.

You continue sailing to the sea, conjuring tricks and treats to share with Wind-kun on your journey. You are high above the sandy shores of a beach now, with a vast ocean stretching beyond the horizon and a castle sitting on a rocky coastline in the distance.

It's still dark out, with the faintness of light in the distant horizon. Wind-kun delights in your tricks and treats, sending playful gusts and baby tornadoes all around the air. An ocean elemental surfaces from the water for a moment to witness your dance with wind before returning to the aquatic depths. Meanwhile, a pirate ship is sailing by, its crew scouting around with spyglasses.

Lurking likes this.