Question The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound; What's with the Two-Facedness of the "System"?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Osamaru, May 12, 2020.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at Chapter 95, and disregarding the apparent Darker turn the story is starting to take, one thing really bugs me....

What's with the Two-Facedness of the "System"?
    Its pretty apparent by this point that the "System" REALLY doesn't like it when people refuse to take a Class; between the Heretic status (and Judgements), the Village Spirits treating him like crap, and being barred from using Dungeons, its pretty obvious the "System" has it out for Randidly.

But on the flip-side of things, If this is the case, why the heck does it keep "helping" him? He's got several powerful skills, he keeps unlocking Paths, and the "System" even let him create his own Skill?

It just seems kind of counterproductive to me.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the "Skill/Path" System and the "Class" System are actually two individual but competing Systems? There IS a pretty obvious Duality going on here (Villages and Dungeons, Spirits and Tribulations, Sister Villages, Skills and Classes, etc etc) and several mentions of the concept of "Two sides to the same coin", but I'm not to sure if I'm reading to much into this, or there is something going on.

Lurking likes this.
  2. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, you want spoilers?

3. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    The least possible spoily spoiler on this singular topic, if possible XD hahahahahah!

4. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty simple.
    SPOILERS!!!! SPOILERS!!!
    The system's kinda the antagonist. It has a reason as to why it helps. It's basically farming people because of long spoilers.

Westeller and Osamaru like this.
  5. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the system doesn't really give a shit. It's literally farming people.

It only looks like it's helping. The paths it makes available for going "against it" all have hidden/not hidden repercussions, and if the user makes it through those? Well, all the better when they're harvested.
    It assimilates so many worlds that just taking the generally single champion from each of them is enough to create armies of millions.

The MC is able to use minor exploits right now to boost himself. Those exploits are not even due to anything the MC has earned himself though, but rather
    because he's being used as a common pawn in an ancient feud.

Your sorta right in that there are two systems, but they're not antagonistic to each other. You have the base system that basically provides energy and generally scans for stuff in the background, and you have the overlay where administrators muck about making rules, setting flags, establishing soft boundaries, etc. Generally, they're notified when people outside the bell curve appear, or something they set up is tripped.

The skills and class system makes more sense later. It does fit into each other.

Dr_H_16, Lurking, Westeller and 2 others like this.
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As above. The system has goals, and its behavior is in pursuit of those goals.

That's really all you need to know until the story reveals more.

Osamaru likes this.
  7. yvesdakempo

yvesdakempo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've dropped it a long time ago, the story becoming monotone.. Train-fight-lose-train-win-repeat... I don't know about the newer update tho..

Lurking likes this.
  8. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Darker? If there is no ntr, I won't read it