Discussion Novels You Loved But Dropped For Some Reason

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by KageTokage, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does NOTP mean?

2. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NOT OTP, pairs that you don't like.
    Like, if story summary listed the possible pair is MC x Villainess, but the Villainess ended up with a random passerby, whom I think is less interesting than MC, so I got mad and dropped it like hot potato.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  3. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Mother of Learning. The MC starts off edgy and distances himself everyone (with a good reason), but he becomes a better person over time. It was really funny how his little sister doesn't recognize him and thinks he's been replaced by a monster, since he was being so nice to her.

drollawake likes this.
  4. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I did that with Magi. Alibaba gets his first girlfriend and it wasn't Morigana(SP?). I paused, then closed that tab and went on with my life.

X18999, ebonykun and drollawake like this.
  5. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, if this ain't the novel I loved but now on the verge of me letting it go, I don't know what is. The present story probably started after 60 chapters (maybe I'm exaggerating) but boy, I don't know what the author was thinking?! Even then, the present is still mixed with flashbacks. It so exhausting to wait for an update only for me to read an 80% flashback and 20% present chapter.

gary0044187 likes this.
  6. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one of my favorite stories has had the MC crippled for about 14 months now. not in story, like in real life. they update 3x/week and it's been this long slog. I honestly wonder if the author is prolonging this part of the story as a troll to the rest of us at this point and for some reason I keep reading it, the moment it updates. even if I could give 0 actual shits about the current arc.

Needyneedle likes this.
  7. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    14 months of reading that specific plot would make me vomit blood. Hands down to you for still reading the story. It's really unfortunate that we can't give these authors constructive feedback unless we know their language. :facepalm:

8. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    What book is this? Just so I can stay away from it.

9. Gimmickd

Gimmickd Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The so called OG Otome Game Villainess Isekai, kenkyo kenjitsu (...). It was funny but I got bored of it, especially since there was barely any form of romance for the MC save for an odd brother complex thing. I can see why some enjoy it since it'd make such a nice casual read on a peaceful day, but personally I love suspense, romance and drama.

ebonykun and Dr_H_16 like this.
  10. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoyed reading it the 'first time through', but then I realized it is still being updated to this day. While I am not a big fan of drama, I don't understand how it can keep having more chapters without anything really happening.

I guess for reading Kenkyo you need to get into the slice of life mindset. The novel doesn't artificially extend itself, like a CN author does for a higher word count, but it definitely embodies the slice of life genre. If you go into it expecting an Otome Game Villainess novel with drama & action you should read the ones that start out in high school (usually when the heroine appears), not elementary school.

whitespade, Dr_H_16 and Gimmickd like this.
  11. Gimmickd

Gimmickd Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oddly enough my favorite arc was the elementary school one lmao I took a liking to the world building. In my opinion the author did a great job in that aspect.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  12. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, it's not bad at all. I read the elementary arc and really liked it too. But it is like going into Eliza expecting a normal villainess story. You need to know, at least a little, what to expect so that you are not left confused.

drollawake, Dr_H_16 and Gimmickd like this.
  13. papasuntzu

papasuntzu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nine star hegemon body art.The beginnings were amazing.But as it went on,it turned to a pile of fking garbage.Everytime when MC almost kills the villain.Oops,the villain escapes due to his gay ass patriarch long fking distances teleporting tailmans and he comes back to fight MC and manages to kill at least someone that MC knew or loved.MC goes super sayian and kills the villain and always faints after.It has happened many times.But the slapping parts tho.is good.
    tl;dr:Villains always barely escape from MC in every fight.Its so stupid

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  14. Gimmickd

Gimmickd Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I 100% get your point but on the other hand damn Eliza sounds interesting as heck :aww: mayhaps I'll have a lil read of it. Is it a worthwhile read?

15. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    Drop is too strong of a word. Let's just say, I just didn't have the enthusiasm in reading them anymore. Plenty of chinese novels, definitely.

The Princess Weiyang, I skimmed read from chapter 50 (afaik) to 100+, lo and behold, same bullshit.

Rakuin no Monshou. I skimmed read vol. 3 and above. And lets just say everything goes downhill.

16. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading a book on Scribblehub and I was really enjoying it then I started to feel like it was dragging on. It has been 200 chapters but the MC's powers remained the exact same with no growth. I'd understand if this was a slice of life novel or smth but it's not.

I was of the understand that the MC was growing so slowly because it truly takes a while but the author decided to introduce 2 new characters and have them reach the MC's lvl from zero in 10-20 chapters.

I still have fond memories of the book, but I'm not sure I'll continue reading.

whitespade likes this.
  17. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    It's dark and realistic-ish. Actions have consequences.

Dr_H_16 and Gimmickd like this.
  18. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your hard work at translating such a great novel. :blobsalute:

I remember this one story where the MC took 5-10 years developing his powers, then gives a piece of it to a friend so she can have superpowers. She then gets time stop powers with a fast development rate and the MC gets SUPER jealous. I believe it is called There Were No Secret Organizations, So I Started One Myself.

19. Earliane

Earliane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have had a lot of novels dropped that are related to the FL rebirth/transmigration/bound system concept mostly because they are repetitive, and some have gone into arcs that don't suit my tastes (what once was an enjoyable/exciting read at the beginning became bland and shallow in the middle so I stopped reading).

Some of these are "Side Character Transmigrations: the Final Boss is No Joke," "Quick Transmigrating Second Female Lead(?)," and "Genius Doctor Black Belly Miss."

KageTokage likes this.
  20. Zante87

Zante87 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for reasons similar to yours, blood age. i don't remember the exact chapter but his only buddy at the time who happens to be an insect ends up wearing a bra and tries to show the mc, mc is really stressed to shit and blows up on him and it was at that point i just dropped it, wasnt enjoying last 20ish chapters and couldn't make myself keep reading :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.