Discussion Mathematic discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by sealteam14, May 13, 2020.

1. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    On the topic of fans who played Galaxy On Fire in General, i was wondering of actual power output of Galaxy On Fire Weapons, especially those in Galaxy On Fire 2 & 3 Manticore. And if convert damage value to actual energy value( i use the base MJ 64 autocannon) as base value, then how high the yield of GOF2 & 3 is in comparison?

And how feisable they are if we construct one of such ( not the endgame one, those beginner would just fine) in real life?

Lastly, how well these weapon compare to some famous Sci-Fi franchise, such as Halo, Mass Effect, Command & Conquer, etc...

2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this was an actual mathematics discussions and wanted to feed off smart people brain cells...
    :blobpensive:

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Saame. I came here curious to see how high the level of math discussion was and whether I’d be able to follow.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  4. Sansin06

Sansin06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Turns out I was not the only one:blobjoy:

5. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm different, me being here is just to learn math and gain some enlightenment :aww:

6. sealteam14

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, me too folks, i willl do it myeslf, if i have time that is. As it stand, though, i may have to remove GOF out of equation.
    :v

7. sealteam14

Reading List:
    Link
    Consider the yield of 1^16 MJ yield is enough to shift 1 inch of Earth Magnetic field, my estimate is about 100 times that yield is enough to affect Earth Gravitational pull.

Consider damage value of 700 from the most powerful AOE weapon in GOF2 that can affect gravitational pull of a planet, which mean the nuke yield is something below.

The AMR Extinctor focus on local damage yield rather on it blast radius( which have 4.3km blast radius in space, don't question how that happened, it's game mechanic), which mean base yield of a single AMR exticntor roughly 2.39 Megatone TNT at epicenter area. Convert that to the base damage value, and a single yield of a MJ 64 Railgun is ~6829 Megatone TNT per impact at 1500 m/s ( which is, a triple impact from a single shot of the gun).

Which mean, as stupid as it sound, fighter/gunships of GOF2 can dish out ridiculous ammount of damage and taken the same ammount of insane punishment.
    On account that Terran Battlecruiser take 10~11 AMR Extinctor before going down, that mean capital ships in Galaxy On Fire can take such yield to the face and shrug off Halo's Super MAC round with ease. And GOF2 ships despite equal or less than stellar on real space manuever, can carry arsenal that UNSC & Covenant can only dream of, while all the way violate Citadel Council's Treaty of Farixen even with their most basic of weapons.

So the next time you intend to pick up GOF2, remember that you carry some of the most powerful weaponry that was 2000 years more advance than Mass Effect and Halo( post Human-Covenant war) altogether. Same can be said for shieldings and more advance tech such as Matter Siphoning beam( using in Siphoning beam that recharge your shield if it damaged), Hull Repair Laser, Dark matter Pulse laser and the like.

8. sealteam14

Reading List:
    Link
    So, our counter argument begins.

Any ME fans & Halo fans have anything to said about this?
    :3

9. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should ask this in debate forum like SB, SV or even 4chan. People here is very rarely debate using scientific calculation.

10. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You make it sound like any of those games actually calculates and models their damage effects lol.
    The only rule in these sci-fi games is the Rule of Cool. If it looks cool, it's kosher, regardless of how duh it is in real life.

11. Uranusman

Uranusman New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel like in school, I hated math