When people response to online comments!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, May 5, 2020.

1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Internet Rule is sacred and I shall not let you go any further in befouling its reputation. :blobpoliceangry:

Especially Rule#34.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, 34 is a much more sensible rule than 30.

3. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep it happens quite a bit. Like I just gently want to say my original art isn’t whatever book/show character u love just cuz u think it looks similar. I get attacked for not agreeing them and telling them I don’t appreciate the off topic comment esp when I stated this is my or my commissioner’s character from the beginning. Not here to validate your love for whoever and take it as a compliment.
    Like y’all can make those comparisons just don’t be surprised I state no it’s not and don’t want to talk off topic about your latest obsession that has nothing to do with my work.
    But after so many heated arguments on that topic I just hide any comment unrelated to my work or just ignore.

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Zaroz

Zaroz Existential Lurker Demonic Calamity

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides the main meaning, for me, rule 30 is basically saying don't use gender as an excuse for your behavior. In any case, I am getting tired of trying to reason with belligerent and inflexible people, so I quit.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof, that seems pretty annoying... Your way of handling it works well though! \(^^)/
    Nobody in this discussion or the other ever tried using gender as excuse, so... *shrugs*

Rumby likes this.
  6. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a 'comment' section. Basically a commdump for everyone with access.

7. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I respond to this thread title!

8. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Think on it, then move on. Internet people gonna internet people. Watching movies and TV require no skill. On the internet, I notice that where there is no skill, more tomfoolery can be found. While we got a few idiots on NU, most people like that don't want to read. So, five years and we are still relatively idiot-people proof. Likewise, crafts, technology, and other hands-on online spaces have equally less nonsense. Just an observation. So don't get upset. Think on it, then move on. People once attacked me because I said a Japanese artist's singing voice was too high and screechy(in hindsight, I shouldn't have typed that). I got called all kinds of names. It bothered me at first because I couldn't understand why a simple comment was so bad. Now I know the general rule of, "if it's not positive, it's not welcome."
    For reference,I have Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube as #1 "idiot" online spaces.

9. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    All the time. If the internet had its way I would have been shot, stabbed, raped, tortured in various ways and murdered multiple times. It especially hates when you point out their BS. Probably my favourites were when I'd sincerely complimented someone and they took it as sarcasm or simply lacked basic reading comprehension and launched into a tirade about what an utter asshole I am.

Fun fact: In New Zealand, you can be charged for online bullying. A criminal record, fines and even serious jail time if you repeatedly harass, threaten or even incite a fellow kiwi to kill themselves. Especially if they follow through with it.

10. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I go to tweet threads where people justify making established White characters, namely comic book ones, Black in another version (TV, movie, another comic book series, etc.), I get often called racist for disagreeing with Blackwashing.
    a. The following is a the type of comment I have said or would say on other social media; "Gamora from the MCU or the rocky version of the Thing is where you coud get a person of any 'real race' and use mo-cap or paint on them. However, for the human form of Thing, keep him White."

b. Those SJWs cry foul to Whitewashing but praise Blackwashing. However, I often put a disclaimer to the effect of:
    -Here is a late Nov. thread that is one of a few made around Thanksgiving (there was maybe like 3-5 threads I was constantly responding) time. These are Blackwash-related threads. During Thanksgiving weekend, I had my record amount of tweets written. Literally hundred of tweets back and forth in those threads: twitter.com/Kadmos1/status/1200123961608003584.

Last edited: May 15, 2020