Discussion Meta physics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zeusomega, May 13, 2020.

1. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can randomness just be what is not understood or is it real?.

If reality was born from nothing then where is nothing?, Can we reach the edge of existence?.

If space and time is physical what happens when they disappear?, Can there be space without time ? Or time without space?.

What's true equality?, Can real utopia be possible?, Will there be any meaning in life to live then ?

Why life exists?, Is it a mistake?, Are we the consciousness of the universe?.

Let's delve into our cosmic processors to decode the answers. Close your eyes and take a deep breath, let your mind be empty of thoughts, now slowly open your eyes and answer the f**king questions.

2. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust me you need sleep. :blobsleeping::blobsleeping::blobsleeping:

Bellilelly, blues86, GonZ555 and 3 others like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did @Zheya rub off on you or something? :hmm:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    It's what got me these questions.

5. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is this zheya? Why is this zheya? What is this zheya?how is this zheya?when is this zheya?:blobpeek:

6. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Human intelligence is simply unable to answer that question and our tech is about a few centuries away from scraping the surface.

Equality is subjective. There is no answer that can be applied to everyone. Utopia is also subjective so it is indeed possible. A meaning to life, guess what?, is also subjective so the answer varies on the person.

As I started this comment with, humans are still quite far from reaching that answer. Why would it be a mistake? To deem something as a mistake it would be, again, subjective. As for the last question, no. But it can be whatever you want if you truly desire to be the 'consciousness of the universe'. The sky is the limit kiddo, believe you can fly!

And lastly, I think that we both need some quality sleep.

7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one who asks those types of questions. :blobpeek:

8. Heir Of Nothing

Heir Of Nothing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martin Heidegger can help you with the topic of nothing.

Zeusomega likes this.
  9. Deleted member 38284

Deleted member 38284 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Randomness is just a lot of coincidences and small stuff coming together in general sense, like if you roll a dice or flip a coin, the result CAN be accurately guessed. But i think quantum stuff were truly random, or at least we don't have any proof against it being random for now.

Some people say the universe is expanding, and therefore has an edge, as for what is outside it, nobody on earth knows, unless there is a god hidden among us or something.

Space without time is space without change, time without space is nothing, because nothing changes into nothing, or nothing can become something with enough time.

Real utopia would mean everyone is happy, and there is no reason to be unhappy, which is either that everyone is really similar and the world is perfect for those, or it's utterly perfect in all meanings and senses, which is probably impossible, at least in my opinion, humans always find something to be unhappy of, and if everything is "perfect" then nothing changes, and that itself would be boring and would create unhappiness. Tl;dr: Utopia would mean either everyone is similar or it's not possible imo.

Life exists just because it exists, at least in my opinion. You could say that there is a reason for life existing, some higher power/being creating us for a reason, and you could say that life was just a coincidence, a random occurence.

Disclaimer notice; These are all my opinions/stuff i've heard.

blues86 and Zeusomega like this.
  10. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome to the world of quantum where the values for the error bars become as significant as the measurment itself
    define nothing, do mean vacuum or simply the inexistence of quantifiable energy, cause if it is latter, you will be glad to know that the universe is to the best of our knowledge flat
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1502.01589
    it can be achieved, it is only a matter of time until the skeleton wars begin and we achieve it
    just a smarter form of self replication with the single objective of showing the middle finger to entropy

11. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read some classical books on philosophy. You'll get a lot more engaging opinions there than on a weeby forum

Zeusomega likes this.
  12. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey Vsauce!

13. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link

I tried understanding it, but then I realised it's stupid to try understand it without knowing what it meant. So let's just say I'm even more confused now.

I was thinking more like nothingness for actual nothingness, not the dark matter or dark energy. Like what was there before big bang and the birth of reality.

There's no scientific answer to it, i just wanted to know if any of you thought about a theory.

14. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't say that guy's name !! That f**@ @'#'@'@&#-+'*' b@*@@** is a deserter.

15. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I lean towards a deterministic viewpoint personally but it is possible randomness does exist.
    2. The universe is expanding and therefore it does end eventually. Of course there is no proof reality itself came from actual nothingness as time could be a circle causing events to repeat after a certain amount of big bangs happen. Or perhaps it was created from another reality.
    3. Space and time are said to be the same thing just in different dimensions. In practice I believe there would be no energy or change if time didn't exist and probably nothing if space didn't exist.
    4. Equality can't truly exist at this rate as what we define as equal is based on our flawed values. What I mean is that humans are different and say we determine some differences like gender to not matter but we can't account for every quality or factor for everybody. Perhaps it can be achieved if nobody exists but even if everybody was an exact copy of one another it still wouldn't be possible. For something to be a utopia it must be perfect or ideal in a person's eyes so it can exist for some people but the word itself is kind of pointless due to the strong subjectivity associated with it. By definition a utopia is what a person would like so if you wanted there to be meaning you would perceive meaning but wouldn't if you would prefer no meaning.
    5. I believe cosmic events occurred which then caused us to occur. Therefore we are incidental but not a mistake as no particular consciousness was aiming for any particular result. We are the consciousnesses built by matter and energy and if we were truly the fabric of the universe gaining sentience we would be capable of much cooler stuff.

16. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Just learnt a little about his works, and it seems like he's talking in relative to human existence. In how we perceive our existence, that answers a spiritual side.

He says nothing is what defines being, rather than saying what is, his take is on what is not.

But that takes a different context from my question of nothingness. I was talking about physical nothingness. If you have any known philosophers of physical philosophy then rec me.

blues86 and Heir Of Nothing like this.
  17. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    basically the curvatore of a universe is it's shape aka the geometry of our universe, if it is describe by a infinite euclidian space, elliptic geometry, hyperbolic geometry, and this isn't the relevant part for this disccussion.
    the import part is that a flat universe aka curvature zero is the only option in which you can have a zero- energy universe (meaning that the exixstence of a universe or it non-existence have exactly the same total amount of energy (zero), aka a universe can be created out of nothing)

Zeusomega likes this.
  18. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) See Chaos Theory.
    2) Theoretically, yes, although we would need to travel multiple times the speed of light to reach it since the universe as we know it expands at the speed of light.
    3) Spacetime is a single entity. Neither can exist without the other.
    4) True equality is when all things balance. It can never truly exist since the balance is always changing and therefor unobtainable. Does there need to be one?
    5) Does there need to be a reason?

Your first 3 questions are less metaphysical and more physics/mathematics.

19. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Randomness is what we usually call when we dont recognize them in the set of pattern or knowledge that we know of. So it could be that it can be learned. But it would be way far into the future.

Dunno if reality is born of nothing. But you cant reach the edge of the world. It's expanding at the rate where we cant keep up.

Dunno and dont care about the disappearrance of space and time. We wont exist if either of those disappear.

No true equality. We humans are not machine. difference, similarity, advantage, disadvantage, happiness, loss, etc. That is what we revolve around. It makes us progress.
    For utopia, it wont build itself. So start planning and build your own utopia.

Why life exist? Dunno, but it's better than being dead.
    Is it a mistake? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.
    Are we the consciousness of the universe? NOPE. Dont get too haughty.

I dont need to close my eyes and think about it, cause i already answered.
    You need to rest your "cosmic processors". You sound like you need a good sleep.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Mnotia, blues86 and Zeusomega like this.
  20. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if the universe is finite/expanding, it doesn't necessarily mean there is an edge/border...