Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You want horror/ghost story with yuri or...?

I think I'll recommed she is so enchanting.

Mc is ancients who time jumped, and fl found her. Fl raised mc and helped mc with new modern (not trad chinese).
    Fl realized mc has chinese medicinal talent and recommend mc to a professor. Mc is acepted as discipline and she got her bachelor degree fast. Mc goes to harvard for her graduate degree, and she finished it. Later, mc go to fl home and realize fl family still unable to accept their daughter gay, and didnt want mc. Fl mom soon realized that her views is wrong and accepted fl gay. Fl dad later hospitalized and mc helped him to apply medicine, and fl dad realized how popular mc is with her colleagues. Mc and fl gets maried in the end, I think.
    There's drama when mc went back to check her former home, that exist, but now its tattered.

Yandere Devil likes this.
  2. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoiler :aww:

3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  4. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    New yuri series tl by re-library

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/until-two-competitive-girls-bloom-into-lilies/
    Surlrisingly its not genben. No description on looks make it hard to imagine.

ANYWAY, on the topic of bitter rivals,

死对头怀了我的孩子后GL by 南宫凡水
    This short story somehow reminded me of chinese GL story where MC and FL are bitter rivals since childhood, they compete in marks, looks, even chasing the same goddess. Mc and fl got married since mc company nearly went bankrupt cos she's competing on auction with fl and fl offered to support her. Mc wanted to get pregnant with fl's baby, but it turns out that fl is the one who get pregnant instead.
    FL (Yandere ish) You can't get away from me now, MC.
    MC: QAQ
    both have obviously flawed personality so reading it isnt enjoyable,

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    And I just remembered a ship I had in one of the stories I read. It wasn't even teased but I loved the idea of the two getting together.
    It was a female mc cultivator who got mc halo around her and a female side character who's supposed to be like the first/second most talented cultivator genius from the most prestigious background, like, ever.
    Those two were rivals in the story and they had a good dynamic too, as there were kinda very similar and different at the same time.
    Unfortunately I don't know of stories where such a scenario is true. Most of the time we got the old top/bottom dynamic with one side completely overwhelming the other (in cn novels that I've read anyway).

Now, to other topics!
    Sooo, I was bored and was scrolling mangadex we toon section and... Oh, Boi am I disappointed and dissatisfied.
    So I found that story... (I wanted to leave a link but I won't out of spite) and it was called "the pet of the villainess", its description had lines like "the mc was mesmerised by the villainess" "villainess x something something pet (reffering to the mc) ", I think... Don't you also think that it's clearly hinting some yuri there? Well, before I began reading, I checked the tags and there was no yuri, there was shoujo instead. Okay, I thought, I will check the forums. I did and the story went, according to the forums, as the villainess falling in love with the mc but the mc marrying some random dude, so the villainess deciding to stay single for the rest of her life and... That's it.
    I may be unreasonable here but I think it's unfair that the story has such a misleading title, a misleading description (especially the whole "villainess x blah blah" part) and such... Shitty(?) context?
    What do you think people? Is it me just being unreasonable?

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  6. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, Title name? I want to read it

7. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike the pet of villainess, it deceived me think villainess is FL. I crying whenever I think of villainess, the way she live lonely life, see her lover MC marry another guy. Why do MC always get together with villain that she save in other manhwa, but not get together with villainess, she save her in manhwa. My heart is broken and sad.

sedelweiss and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    My cute girlfriend said that she'd give writing for prompt #8 a try after she's finished with her coursework in a couple of days, so the anthology prompts are all reserved again~!

Altair545 and AliceShiki like this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    死对头怀了我的孩子后GL by 南宫凡水
    This, but I haven't finished reading this, mc is kinda annoying haha.
    Fl loved mc since forever, but mc is dumb and dense, I think through trial and tribulations she can break mc's denseness.. mc has actually eating vinegar from fl since she was small but was unaware haha

Later it's shown how fl's first daughter chasing after a girl in kindergarten, while fl's daughter is smart, she dumb down her iq to coax the other party, reminded mc of fl. But her luck is better and they later met everyday and the daughter proposed to lil big sis that if she liked she could play house with her everyday .
    I think mc and fl have 2 daughters, but idk.

11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Random Transmigration recs
    The Heroine is Actually A Black Lotus!
    女主是朵黑莲花 by 我有一只小黑狗
    MC Lin Siyi transmigrated into a reverse harem fantasy Xuan Huan novel as cannon fodder Villainess with same name and dob Heroine Nan Xueqing is shown as weak white lotus with overly kindness and virgin mary personality. But the white lotus is actually black lotus, and the one who blackened the villainess is the heroine! She made everyone dislike villainess so she won't have a love rival!
    Actually yanrezu Heroine: heh. You can't escape.
    End up mc and fl get married.

From Doomsday World, I Transmigrated into an Escape Game
    末日重生后我穿进了逃生游戏 by 糜陛
    25-
    MC with flame power from doomsday world is transmigrated into escape game world, and meet FL Tang Chu later. ...
    Well anyway the escape game is fun, engaging, and mc became popular because the escape game is magically livestreamed.
    Mc went back to her real world and kill zombie king, mankind win. She married fl,

Also backlog to read:

Transmigrated into Villainess, I Steal Male Lead's Wife
    穿书后我抢了男主老婆 by 鸡毛令箭
    Summary basically based on title, mc transmigrating into dog blood text as villainess with bad ending who disrupt mc and fl's true love, and she decided to grab FL for herself.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Yandere Devil and AsianessPride like this.
  12. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Hold on, does the Mc know the FL is black bellied? It would be better if she didn’t.

13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't, she keep on believing FL is white lotus until she's eaten and can't escape :3
    MC gave bad review and rating to the novel cos the author writes heroine as too kind and too forgiving, so after transmigrating mc is happy that fl is forgiving her.
    The problem is, MC didn't read until the end so she didn't notice the white lotus is actually black lotus

Yandere Devil and AsianessPride like this.
  14. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Just the usual yuri bait, tbh

15. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Love it :blobparty: That’s very cute

16. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, this novel catch my attention The Heroine is Actually A Black Lotus!, I will read it first:):blobnosebleed::blobokhand:

AsianessPride likes this.
  17. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Just found Goukaku no Tame no! Yasashii Sankaku Kankei Nyuumon and is now preparing for a possible drama! :aww:

Anyway, somehow this thread won't alert me anymore. :blobcry:

AsianessPride likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, it happens at times, usually because of a deleted post or because you forgot to check one alert it gave you.

Should be fixed now that you came here~

Moonpearl likes this.
  19. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    ... ugh I'm catching up and checking on MD's shoujo ai/yuri tag... I haben't been reading any manga for a long time haha

Moonpearl likes this.
  20. sedelweiss

sedelweiss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading that and got pretty invested in the pairing before finding out about the ending. I'm still irritated about it. =( I definitely don't think you're being unreasonable

Moonpearl likes this.