Spoiler Plagued With Misfortune (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LazyLizzy, May 1, 2020.

1. LazyLizzy

LazyLizzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ....... to be frank, I'm having a mixed feeling about this book. A big, big, big mixed feeling. If I knew the ending early on, I would never, ever touch this book but I read it till the end and was too late to regret.
    It's a good book with nice rhythm, good mystery, really great characters. It would have been even more freaking nice if the ending wasn't a freaking BE. Yup.
    I'm already imagining of throwing daggers to the author for letting the MC die. And yup. This thread is just me, wanting to vent off this frustrated feeling in my chest.
    But, freaking BE aside, the book is really a good read.

Tittle : 厄运缠身
    Author :风溯君
    Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2457782

"Tomorrow evening at 7:10, you walk towards Gaohu Lake, holding your dog in your hand. Your husband is not by your side, the road you are walking to is broken by three street lamps. A man rushed towards you after twelve minutes, With a ten-centimeter long fruit knife in your hand, stab your lungs first, your dog is kicked into the lake, then you are stabbed with three knives on your waist, and the last one is in your throat. Before the death, he died on the spot. "

Shen Fan seemed to recover from suffocation, took a deep breath, and then put on his glasses:" I can only provide advice, if you want help ... I suggest going to the police. "

So, the summary doesn't explain much but I'll be back to explain after I get my sleep. I haven't slept yet cuz I couldn't put down the book and it freaking gave me a BE. Ugh. Anyway, I'll sleep for a while. Just, let me sleep out this stuffy feeling on my chest.

Ease, HesheFell, mereumsama and 3 others like this.
  2. mia16

mia16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the title certainly hinted towards a bad ending. Doom in this case.

midnight reader likes this.
  3. LazyLizzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. But, I just had to be attracted to the tittle, ya'know.... ergh.

So, I know it took me long to come back. I got really, really upset and had to turn to manga for some healing time. I'll probably cry as I tell the bits and pieces of the story. But bear with me, ne?
    The story started after eight years and there will be flashbacks but it's a hassle. So, ready for big spoiler guys. I'm gonna rant about this book until the end and just left the murder investigation for you guys to read with some other small but important information. And really, even those are worth reading so you'll be missing out if you don't read.

The meaning of the tittle was a actually the name of MC's power. In that world, special people are few in between. Those who are found by the gov was sent an agent from the Special People Department as a 'caretaker' and monitoring. And those agents are biased towards these special people. They treat these people as if they're a plague that needs to be rid of from this world.
    Now, back to the main story. MC is a forensic doctor who is a genius. Most of those who has his ability to to analyse would be in their old age but he was only in his 20s. And his ability is to see peoples doom. In the past, when he was a forensic doctor, he uses his power to help people. And these, ungrateful human beings, they pushed him to jail by framing him. He was then sent to 'special prison', where every special person sent there, never had a chance to go out ever again. It was a place where they turned 'waste' into lab rats and MC had to stay there, for a year....
    Before entering the prison, ML had met the young genius forensic doctor, to take over the 'caretaker' position as the other agent requested for a transfer.
    Hearing that MC was sent to prison, ML knew he was framed and he did everything that he could to get MC out of that hell. But still took a year for that to happen and the healthy young genius he saw back then had gone.
    It was replaced with a skeleton like, drug addict MC who had pretty mush lost his will to live. After the release, it wasn't a true release as MC had to be in probation period for 10 years. And ML, as MC's 'caretaker', abandoned the policy of monitoring from afar and immediately puts himself inside MC's home. From a rough ex-soldier, he practically turned into a housewife and a nurse. MC was pretty much like a vegetative person and couldn't live without someone taking care of him. He was despondent to the world for years. And although ML saved and took care of him, MC still had high towards ML.
    In the main timeline, though. They were close, as close as it can get. The summary up there was him telling the customer of her doom.
    Enter ML's friend, who was also an agent of the Special department, he also had big ass bias towards special people and didn't trust MC.
    Throughout watching the MC and ML interaction, he always felt there was something weird about how they get along as ML constantly coddle MC, like, putting slippers on MC's feet in the house, cuz he didn't wear it, putting on MC's clothes, cooking, cleaning, giving milk before bed and watches over MC's sleep. Practically like a dad, the friend thought and he was kinda furious cuz the hero he idolized in his life, was being treated as a nanny despite the man was a big ass man and not a baby.
    The friend and MC realot don't get along with each other. With MC's anti-social character, it was actually funny how childish these two people are whenever they met. And ML was always in between them to keep the peace. At this point in time, they still haven't dated. In fact, both of them doesn't even know their feelings towards each other but the interactions and care they displayed proved that they have feelings. Moving on.
    Despite the fact that he warned her of her death, she still went to that very place he warned her not to go. And the night she was killed, despite having officers around the perimeter, she was killed, MC also paid the price of seeing other people's doom. What he sees, he also felt what those people felt when they died. It was heart rending reading about how ML had to keep watch MC and could do nothing to spare MC from the pain.
    The friend who stayed over, was astonished over what happened. He never knew that there was such a consequences of reading others people doom in the report he read. The friend was actually sent there to supervise the two so he's technically a supervisor.
    As for ML, all he could do was to watch over MC on every night he made death prediction because he was scared that by chance, MC would die from other people's death.
    And yes, the pain is true. When the other person got stabbed, although the outer skin didn't broke, MC had internal injuries where the other was stabbed. But thankfully, he'll get better in a few days as it was his ability. But, if he gets hurt by himself, the wound would take time to heal like a normal person. Albeit, a little faster but it won't be as fast as when he predicted others death.
    I have to cut this short. I'll continue when I get some break from work.

Ease, HesheFell, Poor_Hero and 7 others like this.
  4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21 @cahmil
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly @FanofLiterature @Ficklyfrim
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111 @hiharu @Ha-Ha
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi @lazykitty_99
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen @Raebit
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx @xxiv @Xinyi2004
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad end?!!!!!

6. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm.... it seems good and interesting, but BE is a bit.... :blobsad::notlikeblob::blob_teary: He suffer a lot but have to... tsk :blobconfounded::blobconfused:

7. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek::blobscream: i usually refrain from BE, but as long as it fits in the story.... and its not forced on. Then it's ok i guess

8. LavenderBlizzard

LavenderBlizzard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a fan of BE. But this seems interesting. Waiting for spoilers~

9. LazyLizzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the late. I got probs in rl. It's seems I'm gonna be kicked out of work soon cuz my boss is blaming me for the low sale. Ridiculous.

Anyway, yes, it's BE. Whether the BE was forced in or not.... I'll tell you my thoughts once I've finished my ra- I meant, spoiler.
    Since the spoiler is getting cluttered with small info slipping in, I'll just list it here.
    Ability: Predict people's doom, whether it goes to death or not. Even a small accident can be said to be doom
    Consequences: MC bears almost the same pain as the person he predicts their doom.
    Activate: Just having a conversation that involves a few random things they do in the past few days or dat to day things could activate his ability. This is one of the reason why he hates going out and why ML is careful of telling his day to day or past to MC.
    When: He realized he had an ability when he was a small kid.It was from the death of his cousin... this is actually a far into the story but because it's a flashback, I'll just spoil it so that won't be too much of a mess. So, since MC could remember, he was a quiet child. And as people say, adults love noisy children so he wasn't favoured by the elders in his family. His mother and father moved to the city and left him in the village to live with his grandfather and his uncle family. The difference in treatment between the two child was big. One was full of fat and the other was malnourished. And our MC was the latter. MC has always been alone. Even when he was in elementary school, he never talked to anyone and he was never close to his family or elder. Even his cousin. His cousin would always despise him and call him name, if I remember correctly so they will never be close. Not like MC wanted to be close.
    One night, though, MC dreamed of his cousin demise. Falling into a deep ditch after failing to jump over it. MC was confused by what he dreamed because in that dream, he became his cousin and as his cousin drowned in that stinky ditch, he also drowned in it as if it was him. After a few days of confusion, one day when he went back from school, he saw his cousin about to jump across that very ditch that he dreamed of. He tried to save his cousin but failed as he also fell into that ditch with his cousin. But only he survived and when he woke up, they accused him of killing his cousin. He said that he didn't kill his cousin many times but no one would listen to him and punished him severely. After that, MC was taken to live in the city with his parents. After a few more doom predicted, once was a suicide from jumping off the building, which MC felt it, and others I couldn't remember, MC finally figured out what his ability is and how to activate it, he became more anti-social and cold. MC's goal was to find out if he could change fate but it was for naught. Despite knowing it was a dead end goal, he still tried to change the dates he predicted.
    Because of the cousin death, and he was exiled from the family, the family still needed an heir and nine years after that, he had a new male cousin and a little sister and that little sister was the only one who he let in inside his heart. Well, until the ML barges in, that is.
    Something came up. I'll continue again whenever I can!

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Ease, HesheFell, Poor_Hero and 6 others like this.
  10. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me in what chapter did the Mc got out of jail and live with Ml?

11. LazyLizzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Past: He was a great captain coming from a family of the police force. Yup. He broke the tradition and went to be a soldier.
    Reason why he quit: The last mission that he took on made him having soldiers under his command, to only having a soldier coming back with him. It's the friend. I'll call him YF, cuz his name has Yang in it, I think. Anyway, in that mission, they were submerged in snow and only after ten hours of digging snow with his hands, did ML save only one person. There was another soldier but his lower body was... how do I type this? A boulder sits atop his legs and try as the ML and YF might, they couldn't save him.
    This last mission made him lost his soldier soul and he left the military(is this even making sense??). Even after he quit being a soldier, he still has PTSD from it.
    After that, he went to become a special people agent but unlike all the others, he never had any bias towards these special people. I think it's because he thinks people are people but that may have been just my thought slipping in while reading the novel.
    Anyway, the first time ML and MC met was in the corridor. Of course, ML remembers that day cuz of how MC was. I'll summarize what Ml thought at that time, dazzling. Enough word... ahem. I actually don't remember but MC made an impact towards ML from the first meeting. Of course, MC didn't remember it. Only when ML mentioned it did he remember, meaning, MC is always in his own world. Pretty much not a lot of things could hold his attention much.
    ML really want to help MC. When he knew that only one of the three people tried to help MC, I remember that he was angry. He was even more angry towards the people MC helped but backstabbing him just because the villain wants him to go to jail. MC was the reason the villain was jailed. Even though the police force was the one who picked him up, he knew that it was because of MC was the one providing clues to all his evil doing. It's also because of the villain, MC lived just to make him go back to jail. Every time a case involving the villain, MC would take interest and help the police force. And ML was bit bitter knowing it despite knowing the reason why MC is doing this.
    There was a few paragraphs that I remembered what MC said about the Special prison. Theory was made about how a device or whatever could stop the ability from working (I actually don't remember much but what I remembered is this), from where the theory was made and how it was made, it was never said because the public will never need to know.
    The hell that MC experience made him unable to let go of the villain. ML knew this, so, despite being dangerous, he didn't take MC away from the city where the villain was.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Ease, HesheFell, Poor_Hero and 4 others like this.
  12. LazyLizzy

Reading List:
    Link
    The start of the chapter was eight years after he got out of jail and still in probation. Sorry about confusing you but because it's a hassle to write the flashback in order, I just type it in despite the timeline:blobsweat:

I forgot to add this, every time MC did prediction, he would write every conversation he had with the customer to a T inside diary and put them in the closet.
    Also why I called them customer is because he predicts their doom for a price. If it doesn't go to death, only a few thousands but if it does involves death, he would charge them to hundreds of thousands, depends on how they died. Predicting doom is his side job. Translating is what he does now. And because ML doesn't go to work, MC is pretty much paying for everything including the houses that they bought and moved after a year.

13. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I torture myself with BE coz why not... Will wait til there's a translation~

14. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that sounds like ML is somehow shameless lol. Why wouldn’t he work?

15. kumquatsjingleheimer

kumquatsjingleheimer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically his job is to observe mc?

HesheFell and Shorng like this.
  16. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    The parts you spoiled were enticing. I'm usually not one for bad endings but I have to admit its cathartic once in a while. This makes me feel like I'm gonna jump into a pit knowing that I'm nor gonna come out unscathed. :unsure:

LazyLizzy likes this.
  17. LazyLizzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. But an agent's pay won't be as much as how much MC makes. ML is pretty much embarrassed about that. Besides, he can't move away from MC. It was only after five years did MC respond to him when before this he was really like a vegetative person, except awake. He really can't let MC live alone. He doesn't even trust MC could live alone, which is actually true. MC can't cook. He can only do instant noodles. Other than that. No. He can clean the house but clean as the ML does? Uh, no. Wash the clothes and hang it? Err, rarely. Going out to eat? No. Yup. MC really can't live that long without ML.

It's really a good book and because it's a good book, so it's hard for me to forget even when I want to.

Although the little pieces of info is missing already, cuz I jumped into manga and manhwa for a while. All the important part are still remembered.
    So, to continue.
    The lady that MC predict her death, was actually the villain's wife. He knew it and that's why he came to predict her doom. Not because he wants to save her, since she's not innocent but because he wants to know why the villain is up to. ML and one of the police officer that helped MC free from special prison, I'll call him Mr. Wang, also knew the reason why he did it. So, the lady died, almost exactly as MC said despite a few things changed, like the time of death and another person coming to see the woman. MC pointed out that the wife probably killed someone before this and gave some description. A few days after that, there was an unknown woman, who died. They couldn't find her identity not because she was a black household but because there is no way to recognize her. Her fingerprints were gone, her face was unrecognizable etc. But because of MC, they had a clue and searched the people missing around the villain wife and found out the unrecognizable woman was the missing wife of the villain's man. And the man had long since gone to other places and they couldn't find him. A lot of small details, like conflicts happened and the wife killed that woman.

Actually, a lot of small things have been forgotten so, I'll just spoil some of the important plots. Usually, as I spoil, I would go back to the novel to check but..... yeahhhh. No (^_^).

Ease, Poor_Hero, mereumsama and 4 others like this.
  18. LazyLizzy

Reading List:
    Link
    .... fuck. I lost all my tabs and bookmarks. I'm dead. My collection of novels are all. Gone.:blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead:
    Guys. You'll have to wait for a few days while I'm going in a corner and die. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
    And you'd probably see me posting forgotten novels in the next few days.... :blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead::blobdead:

19. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Talk about a doom end...good luck QAQ

HesheFell and kiara8 like this.
  20. LazyLizzy

Reading List:
    Link
    QAQ I lost my will to live already......
    Found a way but don't know how to use it.
    Any idea how to use a keyboard without needing to write search? Found a way but I need to use a symbol Alt + Shift + t.

Edit: I've asked the professional..... they said it's not possible.......
    Let me die. QAQ

Last edited: May 18, 2020