Spoiler [BL] Supernatural Movie Actor App

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lost Happiness, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Supernatural Movie Actor App
    Author: 戏子祭酒
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/supernatural-movie-actor-app/
    Raws: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4433021
    Tags: multiple personality, horror, doting ML, comedic undertone (?)

Intro:
    Xie Chi is a patient with multiple personality disorder. On the surface, he is educated and gentle but the secondary personality is cold and powerful, with explosive strength.

Xie Chi can never fall in love because the secondary personality is his boyfriend.
    Xie Chi’s only dream is to one day embrace his lover.

In order to realize his dream, Xie Chi voluntarily bound to the Horror Movie Actor App. The app regularly releases horror movie notices such as Spirit in Red Clothes, Zombie Lovers, 1552 Haunted House…
    The selected actors will be placed in a real horror environment to survive.

On the first day of filming, the first male lead with a dirty personality blocked Xie Chi in the corner. “Follow me and I’ll help you be the second male lead.”
    Xie Chi smiled softly and shook his head. “That isn’t enough.”
    The first male lead was dumbfounded.
    Xie Chi smiled slightly. “Brother, help me beat him up.”
    The secondary personality gave a cold smile to the first male lead.
    End of the shoot, the first male lead: Xie Chi.

Others: Struggling to survive.
    Xie Chi: Defy the natural order to change fate.
    A combination of absolute wisdom and absolute force.
    Starting from the 18th tier, Xie Chi will eventually become… the horror movie emperor.

After the completion of the novice movie, MC is allowed to fulfill his wish to an extent. He is allowed 2 option, find a body for ML to host or design a model for the System to create for ML. After which, they can slowly pay or pay fully. MC and ML decide with designing since MC is a painter. MC always had an image of how ML would look like. MC ask ML how he wants it to look, ML said follow MC likings. When asked if anything to add, ML said to draw it bigger. MC expressed blankly after being silent for 2 seconds, "I'm afraid, I can't swallow."

XD O///O I love their interactions.

Translated by RainbowTurtle so in for another nice piece. More comedic side with MC and ML.
    MC call upon ML when there are some stuff he can't do such as signing the contract where it involves getting bitten. MC is afraid of pain, ML comes and took over to protect his little lover. MC gets confronted by a slag male, calls ML and ML beat the slag male. Playing a game with a ghost while blind, ML took over, no fear, won the first round. Second round ghost play cheat, ML got it covered through his heightened senses, kick the table and won the second round. MC needs to get down from building to the female boss house for finding out her secrets, ML came climb down easily. When they finish the main task and the female boss comes back to attack them, ML smoothly scale the sides of the wall after the female boss cuts the rope. (ML is in the lift space below to retrieve the ghost body to break the curse which ends the main task but because MC started a branch task, he needs to stay.)
    ML also initiated a fight with the female boss.

ML helps take over and ask MC to rest since most of the time ML is asleep and only wake up when MC calls or think of ML.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Yasmine bezzi, Izn, kiara8 and 13 others like this.
  2. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda like self-cest?
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly @FanofLiterature
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

pcheshire, Selax, mereumsama and 5 others like this.
  4. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zhen_Qing

Kinda? ML is MC other personality but the thing is MC genes have been manipulated as Pet 1.0 which means his body is free of any illness both physically and mentally (perfect body no flaws) but ML still happened. I think it would be discussed more further along since MC only recently let known about what Pet 1.0 means.
    Pet 1.0 is what MC once was, it mentioned that after the novice movie, MC was sent back to his home spiritually aka able to interact with non-living things like a ghost, where we see that MC opened the door to 2 police officers who, was freaked out by the door opening by itself, got news that MC has gone missing for 3 days from MC's nominal mother who lived abroad. Also his other wish besides getting ML a body is to kill his owner when he was Pet 1.0.

Xie Chi slightly hooked the corner of his lips, and his eyes were a little cold.
    He did not expect that his nominal mother would still care about his disappearance.
    She could know that she was missing because he had ... positioning chips on him.
    Xie Chi followed a distant memory and touched a place on his right shoulder, where it was obviously smooth and warm, but with a certain inherent cold mark.
    Pets are easy to lose and will cause the owner to be sad, so the mark exists to let the owner always find his pet for the first time.
    The woman must have found that she could not locate herself, and then called the police.

Apologies for this long ramble, I just don't know if you can consider this selfcest since ML do get his body and with how MC's body is structured, I like to believe ML might be a spirit. But well, I might be wrong with how this story is going. I'm at a lost with it still at 60 chapters, that mean a long period of restlessness waiting for updates.

Izn, lizabernal96, alexfilia and 9 others like this.
  5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also considering this question. But with two personalities, it's barely scraping selfcest, especially considering that the author might come up with some fantastic resolution like two souls in one body and then split/move the ML to his own body. Because I don't know whether it's two personalities-one soul, or two personalities - two souls, I can't judge yet :blob_coffee:

6. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Right I forgot to mention MC has a bound buff that relates to the novice movie. The movie is largely about luck hence MC gained a luck buff which isn't useful as some of the audience mentioned but we see it in action in a purple grade movie which MC's agent forcely bring him in to be pitted because MC killed the slag male which resulted in slag agent having to compensate 50 points to the slag male's agent. In certain agency, actors are required to pay 50% of their earned points to be regconized which MC didn't do. MC was thinking that ML is expensive to buy and giving up what little he have is delaying their meet up.

So this purple grade movie require high level actors but slag agent has this special ticket that lets him pull someone and MC was the one. While people are meeting and talking abit and later going about their movie, MC and Yan Jing(someone MC met in Novice Movie) formed a team with another guy(Lu Wen) who came from MC's world who has fish scale on his body that is related to his bloodline. The System deducted 50 points from everyone because they all require taoist robes and materials in his movie. So as they progress, MC and Yan Jing gain a task where they need pheasant blood which if sucessful, they gain 10 points or else deduct 30 points to buy it from the System Store. Everyone all laugh at their misfortune, Lu Wen decides to help. MC sort of adapt and used the rice they had to lure it and one audience wrote 'besides cure corpse poisoning, what else can rice do?'. Keeping it short, this task actually allow them to progress the plot and gain npc favourbility. While everyone is 0, MC, Yan Jing and Lu Wen has progress. The Luck Buff had helped them out in fact.

Based on what I've understood from mtl. I was thinking of giving up because the raws I've found have some differences between each other and Google miss some sentences. I'm hoping mtlnovel pick up my request for this.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  7. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
    Hohoho... :blobsmirk: MC don't worry. I think you can do it.

xiin, morticia_addams, Kleep and 3 others like this.
  8. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Geez I thought that I was the only one who would reply to this but you beaten me to it. Lol.

9. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    That multiple personality thing reminds me od a certain webtoon ahahahahha

10. kahokyu

kahokyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobspearpeek: Finally got around to posting spoilers!
    The beginning chapters are translated so I'll skip over the expos/plot setting.

MC/ML interactions are just the cutest with ML spoiling MC and MC acting spoiled and praising ML. This basically leads to a lot of what looks like MC staring into space smiling/laughing to himself and everyone else like, why the heck he spacing out smiling weirdly.

Arc 1
    Vengeful Red-Clothed Ghost
    Newbie level horror movie - basic plot = every year this super wealthy company will force all its workers to take a week off work and hire temp workers in their place but the temp workers always die mysteriously. MC and other actors are acting as the temp workers.

We're introduced to MC's sidekick char for the next few arcs, Yan Jing. YJ is blind but has the power to see ghosts (which can be activated at will but will make him sick/use up his lifespan) and some vague ability to sense goodwill/badwill. Cannon Fodder, Zhou Wen who participated in a couple movies before but likes to hang around low-level ones to bully/rape newbies, and sets his sights on MC since MC looks like the pretty + weak type.

Since it's newbie level, the person with the highest score at the end gets 100points reward. When MC sees that, he's like, my BF is so expensive (since he needs 10k points to 'redeem' him).

App forces everyone to 'sign' a contract, which is basically stick your hand in a jar (owned by company lady boss) and be bitten by mysterious bug. This is the scene where MC pouts to ML that he's scared of pain and has ML take his place. (During this transition, YJ clutches onto MC's arm and is like "i'm nervous...", and then ML smacks his hand off, "you can talk, but not touch" :blobmelt:) ML takes the bug out of the jar to observe and its a spider with a human baby head. Lady Boss is like: shock! my precious why are you all black now instead of super colorful!

After this, MC/ML washing hand in bathroom and theorizing that the spider should be poisonous since lady boss mentioned it used to be super colorful, and triggers side quest, "Baby-head Spider". Main quest (Red Ghost) is basic quest given to everyone, side quests are specific to individual actors depending on the clues they find. Zhou Wen happened to be outside the bathroom door and knows MC got a side quest since he heard MC's App notification, but didn't get anything on his phone. Proceeds to leer at MC and offer to make him "second male lead" in exchange for sharing the side quest (and insinuating xxx). MC's agent decides now is the best time to contact him and basically tells him to accept ZW's offer. ML replies to agent with f you and blacklists him, then beats up ZW. When MC takes back control of body, he un-blacklists agent, texts f you again, and then re-blacklists him. :blob_grin:

Meets up with YJ again, who almost runs into him, but then stops at the last min.
    MC: *confused* You scared of me?
    YJ: *pitifully* Before, you very coldly and meanly told me not to touch you.
    MC: *:blobsmilehappy:gege is being jealous again, i need to give gege some face. Pretends to be serious* Yeah i did say that.

Total 7 actors, MC/YJ work on floor 5, everyone else paired up to work on 7, 9, and one person all alone on 11. Boss ladyoffice is on floor 1.

Rules
    1. Cannot attack the pregnant lady boss.
    2. 10PM - 5:30AM is work time. All actors must be and stay inside the building or they'll be expelled from movie. If they don't finish their work (some kinda actual work on the computer) each day, deduct 10points.
    3. Outside of work hours is free-time; actors can do/go wherever they want. To prevent viewers from becoming bored, hours will be reduced by half (so like 6 hours passes in movie time, but actors really only have 3 hours to do whatever).

Viewers are basically ghosts who live in the underworld watching movies at the theaters lol. The viewer comments are amazingly funny.

MC/YJ explores the building, realized all the stairs are locked up and the ghost here can only kill people inside the elevator, which is why the stairs are locked up to force people to use the elevator. And also why lady boss's office is on first floor (since usually CEO offices are at the top floor). App gives them progress % so they know their theory is correct. MC leaves office to buy some things, but realizes he doesn't have cash (and obv cant use typically e-payments) so he ends up using the I forgot my phone/wallet excuse, sorry here's my boss's business card, please come here tomorrow to get payment. And it works cuz he looks so neat and gentlemanly that people are like 'there's no way this guy conning me':blobjoy:). He also hired a locksmith to unlock the stairways.

Walking back to office with shopping bags of heavy stuff, ML: we're here, switch back to you now.
    MC: my bf is the best! :bloblove:

Somehow YJ is sent to complete their work (how he does so when blind, who knows) while MC sets up glow in the dark florescent power on the floors, examines place with UV light to look for bloodstains (which shows everywhere relatively clean but elevator is covered with stains), and sets up a electric ricepot to make dinner. :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: (ZW who's on the 7th floor: ???what's that smell)

During dinner, headless baby ghost appears, promising not to hurt them tonight if MC wins a blind billards game against him (ML wins duh). They suspect baby head on spider is this baby ghost's head.App also rewards them to ask baby ghost one question - MC asks how long ghost how old is he. Baby ghost has been dead for 18 years, meaning the backstory to solve this ghost story happened 18 years ago. YJ runs off to warn everyone else about the dangerous elevator while MC finishes his work then takes a nap.

Cannon fodder Zhang Lan is the sole person on floor 11 gets tricked by clock which shows time as 5:30 when its really 3:50 (elevator ghost changing the time to trick people) and hops into elevator thinking its safe now that its 'past' work hours and is murdered. Attracts everyone with his screaming so everyone gathered on first floor scared to open the elevator. ZW decides now is the time to murder MC, so he buys this curse item from the app shop (Satan's Eye - Whatever this sticker is put on will be arked as having been 'offered' to satan and will attract ghosts/demons to them to accept the 'offering'. User will gain immunity time based on how much is 'offered'. ZW pretends to want to make up with MC and the two goes into elevator to investigate. ZW 'accidently' closes door and slaps sticker on MC's back, not realizing that ML caught him and stuck it on his back instead. Elevator ghost appears and murders ZW. MC is safe since he already won immunity for tonight from baby ghost. Elevator ghost is lady in red dress and her stomach cut open (indicating that headless baby ghost was her child).

Later, MC gets a nosebleed and is suspicious since he has been genetically modified (before conception i think?) to not get sick. Talks to some NPC residents and get more story on who lady boss used to be ugly and poor but magically her company got super successful and looks like she never ages + gets prettier each year + she's now pregnant even tho she's in her 40-50s. Lol old man they're talking to tries to matchmake MC with one of his grandnieces and MC is like no thank you, my ideal partner is "taller than me, sturdy physique, cold personality, and face looks powerful/dominating". Old man + YJ: isn't that describing a man???

That night, MC buys some dice and carves the 26 letters of the alphabet on it to 'speak' with elevator ghost since the 'victim' is much more willing to talk about their story then the 'murderer' (lady boss). Elevator ghost was murdered by lady boss and her body is buried under the elevator shaft; since MC agrees help her, she won't attack them anymore during the movie.

Elevator ghost answers questions with simple english (yes, lift (for elevator), down) and then randomly 'jing" which has MC going ???? what english word is that? It's pinyin for "well" :blobjoy: (as in the one you draw water from, not the 'i feel well' one) . The ghost viewers are all like LMAO you cant blame her, it's been 18 years since her death its amazing she still remembers english!

The other 3 cannon fodders show up to stick to MC since he's the 'strongest' person there now that ZW is dead. MC is like shrug, whatever since it's better to have them openly follow him then to secretly stalk him and goes to sleep, while ML takes over. Baby ghost shows up again under the bathroom sink cabinet, tries to murder cannon fodder 1, ML slaps the cabinet door around his neck and squishes him there. Baby ghost tries to attack ML, ML goes "if you want your mom to be freed, scram" and baby ghost does reluctantly leave. ML then amputates cannon fodder 1's hand which has been poisoned by baby ghost. Next morning MC has a light fever and goes to hospital along with the amputated cannon fodder. Hospital test reveals he has tuberculosis. MC suspects it due to the spider bite on Day 1.

MC/YJ stalk lady boss to her home, MC pretends he's surprising his girlfriend and cons people into getting him into the community + her apt number. Lady boss's neighbor is ULTRA disapproving upon finding out he's 'lady boss's boyfriend', going, "she's pregnant and has a husband!" and MC is like smile "i know, to tell you the truth, the baby's mine".
    ML: Girlfriend? The baby is yours? :blobtriumph:
    MC: ...Is yours. :blobangel: I'm carrying it.

ML shows off his amazing building climbing/jumping skills and sneaks onto lady boss's balcony to eavesdrop on argument she's having with husband. The two of them came from poor mountain village, came across records to cultivate baby head spider which will grant the owner good luck and fortune. Husband tricked elevator ghost lady into marrying him + getting pregnant, then when she was almost full term, they murdered her and fed baby to spider. MC is at 80% completion rate now. MC rushes back to company before the 10PM time limit and misses lady boss growing spider arms and murdering husband.

MC figures out that the spider baby steals the luck of the people it bites and transfer to the owner (lady boss) which is why he mysteriously falls sick, and other actors run into other bad luck, and why the temp workers are the only ones who are murdered in the elevator during this one week period. Tries to dig elevator ghost body out of the elevator shaft, but it's too think. ML calls baby ghost over to corrode the floor with this acid/poison. ML finds/brings her remains up which successfully clears the main quest and everyone leaves the movie. MC chooses to stay to complete his sidequest cuz he wants the extra points. Lady boss rushes over cuz she senses the body removed. Dramatic fight where ML can't attack her due to rule one (can't attack pregnant lady boss). MC figures out that lady boss isn't actually pregnant with a child so that rule doesn't count, she's actually pregnant with the spider baby, which also explains why spider baby in her jar lost its poison (its a fake). Once her 'pregnancy' comes to term, spider baby will be free from her control and have the power to do whatever it wants. ML kills it and lady boss. Rare reward drop = passive luck buff that is usable in all movie types.

ML: After male lead defeats the big boss at the end of the movie, what does the main cp do? :blobowoevil_horns: (KISSS :D :D :D)
    MC: … i'll owe you for now:blobupset:

This ended up being so looooonnggg :sweating_profusely: :facepalm:

Irenebts, Izn, Lost Happiness and 7 others like this.
  11. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. kahokyu

Reading List:
    Link
    ANGRY FACE. I typed out this super long post and then it wiped my entire post when i tried to post it so this is a shortened ver. with just the cute scenes. :blobtriumph:

Arc 2
    Chinese Zombie World "The Zombie's Lover"
    For those who don't know diff between American/Chinese zombies, google it.

Now that MC has some points and cleared first movie, App gives him choice to prepping a body for ML by 1. taking over a dead body. 2. designing his own body. Obv MC chooses 2. Scene where ML tells MC to draw 'it' bigger ("believe in yourself"; :blobsmirk: "human potential is infinite":blobamused:)

MC's agent tries to get him to sign contract where he hands over 50% of his points gained. MC obv refuses and leaves. Agent (Zhou Tong) is offended and decides to get revenge by pulling MC into a higher lever zombie movie (3rd lowest level, newbie movie was level 1) to try to off him as cannon fodder. Coincidently, YJ is in the same movie to also be cannon fodder by his agent.

They're a bunch of Daoist disciples under NPC master Daoist. They're hired by someone (we'll call her Wife) to transport coffin from mountains to city. They're followed by a fox spirit who was the zombie's former lover when he was alive. Fox attempts to release the zombie but fails. Agent is seduced by fox spirit, scratched by zombie, and then murdered through his own evil acts later. Once they deliver coffin to Wife, they get trapped into puppeteer fantasy world, reveals that Puppeteer and Wife working together; Wife has been transformed into puppet body and wants to transfer her husband's soul to zombie body so they can be together forever. ML defeats zombie, MC convinces Wife best way for them to be together forever is to die together then reincarnate together, she suicides. Main questline cleared.

There's a second hidden ending where Fox then merges with zombie body to get revenge on MC group for "killing" her husband's soul (original zombie body soul). Only way to defeat her is to borrow powers from this special NPC Daoist's bagua (google it, i dunno how to explain this). It's based on the 5 Chinese elements (earth, water, wood, fire, metal). NPC Daoist is earth. MC is water and wood, and ML is fire and metal (it's dependent on souls, not the physical body). However, any power you borrow must be returned afterwards. Daoist offered his life so he dies (and is later revived). MC figures out that it only wants his physical body as a price, not his life, so they stop resisting, implodes and shocks everyone for a few minutes, and then reappears with a reconstructed body. New body also has the gps tracking chip removed. After final battle, MC gains the special bagua as a one-time use equip drop - can be used in any movie type.

Big theme with Chinese zombie movies is karma, good people have good endings, bad people have bad endings. There's some kinda background magic at work so when good people act in these zombie films, their luck is increased, and bad people's luck are decreased.

Cute bits!
    In this arch MC meets Yu Wen, who has fish scales on his face/body and develops a minor crush on M b/c he's one of the few people who don't react to him with disgust/discrimination. He's totally tricked by MC's outer act:
    -Staying up at night to keep watch: Go to sleep, your body cant handle it!
    -Carry coffin: It's too heavy for you, I'm already carrying it!
    -Fight scenes: Stay behind me! Run to the side! I'll protect you!
    MC: I'm really not that weak...
    ML: :blobangery::blobangery::blobangery: You're stealing all my showing off scenes!

First task is to capture a wild chicken as its blood is an ingredient for coffin sealing ink.
    MC lures chicken over with some sticky rice grains.
    ML: Recently, i'm not feeling satisfied hearing you say 'gege' or 'boyfriend' (meaning he wants to be called hubby)
    MC: If you catch the chicken, then I'll call you that.
    YW: Grabs chicken.
    ML that just took over body: :blobdevil:
    MC: :blobxd:
    ML: I'll catch another chicken!
    MC: No, i only want this chicken.
    ML: :blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:
    YW: Why do i feel like you're angry at me for catching the chicken?
    MC: :blobxd:No, you did a very good job!
    YJ: Why do i feel like you're so happy?
    MC: :blobxd:It's nothing. YW, you did a very very good job!

At night resting at an inn
    MC goes to sleep. ML goes to bully YW (and scare away potential love rivals).
    ML (acting as MC): What do you think of "me"?
    YW: a very good person, very caring to others, won't put on a fake face or play dirty tricks, willing to help others, very smart...
    ML: *smug* Yes, all correct. What else? (He's so smug of other people praising MC :blobxd:)
    Ghost viewers: ...Why's he suddenly so narcissistic?
    YW: ...
    ML: So, do you like this type of person?
    YW: *Blushing* Yes
    ML: And do you like the type of person that's cunning, ambitious, won't stop at anything to get what they want?
    YW: No.
    ML *satisfied cuz YW only like MC's fake exterior act, not his real self*: Come closer, i'll tell you a secret.
    ML: I'm not Xie Chi. I'm his split personality.
    YW: That's fine! I will do my best to accept both of you!
    ML: …is this person stupid...?
    YW continues going on about how he'll do his best to accept both personalities.
    ML: :blobangery: Shut up. I'm Xie Chi's boyfriend
    YW: embarrassed shock
    ML: It's good now that you know. I won't say anything and you can pretend this convo never happened.

During puppeteer fantasy world:
    MC is trapped into fantasy world where there's 5 beautiful half-naked women trying to seduce him. He's thrown into a pond. Look up, sees the 5 women, is shocked and ducks under the water.
    MC: Ge, you look or I look?
    ML: I look. You're not allowed to look. You can only look at me.
    MC: No, you're not allowed to look either!
    ML: Too bad, no discussions allowed.
    MC: How about...we look together? Since you don't want me to look, and i don't want you to look, we both look to be fair.
    ML: At this time, you still want to use logic? Does that mean, if i cheat on you once, you need to cheat on me once to call it even?
    MC: No, no, that's not what i mean. Don't be mad.
    ML::blobtriumph: Close your eyes and no peeking!

After they leave the movie:
    MC: Hubby, i'm hungry.
    ML: Ok, I'll go make food
    *2 sec later* WHAT DID YOU SAY
    MC: :blobangel:
    ML: Say it again. I'll cook whatever you want to eat.
    MC: Even if i don't say it, you'll still cook whatever i want to eat.
    MC feels slightly regretful later cuz ML was so distracted he made the food too salty. :blobrofl:

morticia_addams, Izn, kiara8 and 4 others like this.
  13. kahokyu

Reading List:
    Link
    Because MC has no agent anymore, he has to pick a new one. YJ got enough points to fulfill his first wish and then made another wish and decided to repay MC for his help by registering to be an agent and becomes MC's agent.

Arc 3
    Variety Show

Every few months, there's a variety show program where the top ten performing new actors are invited to participate. Everyone acts, individually, in a series of short stories and get points according to their final score rankings. Good way to build up fanbase and gain visibility. MC is like # 6 i think?

Three important new char introductions.

Ren Zhe/Ren Ran - also split personality. Ren Ran is like a 10 year girl (little sis); Ren Zhe is basically a tsundere. Apparently has fans cuz people like the gap moe between his outer appearance (buff, hairy man lol) and Ren Ran. Second highest points on the top 10 ranking. His wish is the same as MC's - to give his split personality its own body. Ren Ran becomes MC's fangirl lol.

You Jing - First on the top 10 ranking, but he's trash who relies on his mom to guide him through movies and give him good equip. Mom isn't particularly good but she's been around for a long time so has experience and lotta equips. The kind of person who acts nice on the surface when he's at the top, but treats everyone who could be better/stronger then him as a threat/enemy.

Zhao Jin Hua - You Jing's mom. Cares about him (panics every time he's in trouble) but also super harsh and strict on YJ to be the top/number 1 in everything he does.

Story 1
    The 6th finger
    The goal is to live till the end of the movie. The actors act as the leader of a group of delinquent high school students. They bully this kid (Guo Le) who was born with a 6th finger on one hand. GL got the finger surgically removed and is then taken over by malicious spirit.

Movie starts with group of delinquents at a karaoke bar celebrating MC's birthday that is hosted by GL. Actors are required to stay in character (they can't decide to act nice and friendly to GL for example). ML asks if MC wants him to act, MC is like no, I'm afraid you'll end up acting like a mob boss or drug group. :blobrofl: GL baked a birthday cake and App requires everyone to eat it. Halfway through the plate, MC sees shadows that look like a human head is on the plate instead of a cake, but then it goes away. MC is suspicious and too scared to swallow, so he's like "Gege, help your very cute lil bro swallow." ML takes over, eats some more cake and then smashes the rest of the cake in GL's face saying he doesn't like how he looks.

Since these are short stories, the scene changes very quickly once a scene completion criteria is met. Next scene = Be tricked to go home with GL
    MC gets on his motorcycle/scooter thing: Sit up here.
    GL goes to sit behind him.
    ML: Get off!:blobangery:
    GL: …???
    ML: Go squat here (i'm really not sure, some kinda foot rest thing?)

Next scene: Be lured into GL's home and then escape
    GL 'lures' MC in by pretending he's going to steal his parents money and give to him. Leads MC to his parent's bedroom where MC finds the dead parents rotting corpses.
    GL appears behind him again acting creepy.
    ML about to take over and escape.
    MC: don't come out yet! let me act a bit.
    MC: AHHHHHH! GHOST!!!
    ML: …
    MC: Ge, act like you're very scared and run away!
    ML *acting scared* runs down the stairs
    GL shows up at the bottom of the stairs, so ML runs back up and jumps out the room window (2nd floor).
    Meanwhile, MC: remember to act scared! AHHHHH!
    ML is fine. But typically this scene is to force the actor to be injured jumping out the window.
    MC theorizes that GL killed his parents by feeding them something bad and that whatever GL is going to do to kill him later involves the cake he ate.

Last scene: Go home and survive.
    Scene change to home bathroom. ML cuts his stomach open and pulls out the 6th finger from his stomach. :blobfearful: And clears the movie. The way people die is that the finger/hand would claw his stomach open for GL to crawl out of his body.

morticia_addams, Izn, kiara8 and 3 others like this.
  14. kahokyu

Reading List:
    Link
    Story 2.
    Since MC was the first person to clear the first story, he gets to pick the second story. ML picks a piano since MC knows how to play piano.

There's a haunted theater at this high school. If you are in love with someone and they don't love you back, you can bring something they own with you to the theater and if you pass the test, the ghost will make your love interest fall in love with you. If you fail, you'll go crazy and become the ghost's "messenger" telling others about her test. The ghost will also occasionally pull couples into the theater to test their love for each other. If you fail, your soul is forever trapped in the theater with her.

Task is to pass the ghost's test.
    MC acts as a student madly in love with "a girl" (unspecified who exactly). Outside the theater, MC is shown a list of girl candidates and forced to choose one as the one he 'loves'. MC picks one at random and the App gives him a sexy bra as his love interest's item.:blobjoy:

MC decides he can pick the ghost as his female love interest and tosses the bra into a tree. Ghost's backstory is that she was beautiful, smart, and popular from a wealthy family who attended this school a few years ago. Was disfigured in a fire in her senior year and then shunned by her boyfriend and everyone in the school who used to be friendly with her. At the senior dance, she locked everyone in the theater and burned down the place. MC pretends to be a student who was secretly in love with her but didn't say anything cuz she had a BF, and then later on moved away so he avoided the fire and came back cuz he heard about her ghost rumors.
    Ghost is suspicious but tests him to find her amongst all the masked dancers at the party.

MC quickly realizes its impossible since he doesn't even know what she looks like. Instead, he decides to play on the piano while going about what it means to love someone, etc. Lures her to reveal herself in front of him. She shows her burnt face to him, and MC is like it's fine. It won't change my feelings. The n she asks him if he can get hard while looking at her face and MC is like, I can. In the end she doesn't make him prove it and regains her belief in love and humanity, etc. Releases all the trapped ghosts and reincarnates. He's a little slower in clearing then You Jing this time b/c he didn't follow the scripted plot and had to build his own ending scene. But people are like, comparing these 2, YJ seems very bland and boring.

15. kahokyu

Reading List:
    Link
    Third story
    You Jing picked a creepy doll. Not too crazy about this story cuz logic went on a vacation for plot but it was also very very scary.

MC acts as a horror v-logger. For tonight, he will do whatever the fan who gives him the most money wants him to do. Lady mailed him a doll and tells him put some of his hair and mail clippings inside it. Then go to this mirror maze and play hide and seek with a ghost. MC has a NPC partner who also participates.During the game, each person has 3 chances to clap their hands. When they clap their hands, it'll freeze the ghost for a few seconds.

App pops up with several clues beside the difficulty level is too high:
    1. Clever people fall victim to their own cleverness.
    2. The end task is to survive for 1 hour or to defeat the ghost.
    3. There's only one method to kill the ghost, actors please figure it out yourself.
    4. The doll is not important. The doll use only here to start the story. The doll only summoned one ghost.

Some nonsense about how the program is required to have a average difficulty level of 60. Story 1 was 50. Story 2 was 40. Story 3 is 90 so story 3 will be last program.

Ghost lady in white appears and is the same lady who mailed doll and lured them here. She asks partner for his location which he tells her thinking this is all still a joke. Is murdered.

MC figures out there's 2 ghosts, one which is the lady in white summoned by the doll and one who lives inside the mirror whose reflection looks like the lady in white. The clapping hand freeze thing worked on the mirror ghost, not the white ghost. The clapping hand thing sound will attract white ghost due to the noise. White ghost is weak and has low power. Mirror ghost is strong but confined to mirror, can only reach out to a certain area, but corridor so narrow it's impossible to avoid. MC realizes he needs to be caught by white ghost in order to survive/clear this story - once he's caught, he won't die, he'll just take white ghosts place which means the mirror ghost won't/can't attack him.

Meanwhile You Jing smashed all the mirrors thinking it'll destroy mirror ghost but instead what he did was give it endless spots to go through and attack him.As he's about to die, mom (who's acting as a judge) is having a fit screaming that the story difficulty is too hard for newbies to pass and to stop the program. The other 2 judges decide the difficulty level is too high and to stop the program, pulling out everyone whose already in story 3 and everyone else end after story 2.

Which like, if everyone agrees this is too hard, why is this even in this program?! Aside from showing off how much better mc/ml is then everyone else.

Anyway one of the judges is named Chen Yi, he's the top number one ranked actor right now and purposely joined this other'sn you watch mc. Reason being, he 30% looks like the mc! He knows about mc being pet 1.0! Most likely he's part of the pet series. Chen Yi sees that's mc seems to have figured out clearance route so he's exempted from being pulled outta story. In return, CY will give a equip as reward should be pass.

MC is 'caught' by white ghost, and now needs to find out how to kill mirror ghost. Realized the floors are made of a different mirror type (it's opaque) and breaks through it to find a basement. Basement has mirror coffin with the maze creator's body (mirror ghost). Mirror ghost was born with genetic defect that his facial features was not formed property and he looks creepy. To get revenge on ppl who made fun of him and to 'live forever' he somehow created mirror world. ML tosses body out of coffin and lays in it, which bring him into mirror world and quickly defeats mirror ghost.

MC obv got top ranking score for this program. Equip he got from Chen Yi is a curved blade possessed by evil spirit. The user needs to be stronger then the spirit in order for it to accept them as owner or they're be taken over. Spirit rejects MC but is suppressed by ML.

ANYWAY THE CUTE PART

ML's body is finally constructed. App gives him a 3 min trial period to inspect the product!

Which means, ML appears in front of MC in his own body = kiss scene! ML goes out into halfway to jerk off after (lol need to "inspect the goods":blobsmirk: :blobrofl::blobReach:).
    MC thinks that if they have more then 3min, ML would have definitely gone for xxx.

Current arc is horror house. It's still ongoing so I'll wait till it's done before posting

16. cielo2016

cielo2016 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there a different title in mtl novel ? Why i can't find it ? Since the story is so antimainstream and different than any horror novel

Kleep likes this.
  17. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the raws https://www.oldtimescc.cc/go/42502/

18. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Be careful certain raws aggre have problems translating if you use Mr Google. I had problems when I started missing lots of details as I mtl.

Also thank you Kahokyu!! Arc 2 was killing my braincells.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  19. kahokyu

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese name is 《灵异片演员app[无限]》

You should be able to find other sites by googling that. I read on jjwxc so no help here.

The novel's not actually very anti-mainstream. The only unique thing about it really is that ML is MC's split personality. Otherwise is just different excuse to have the main characters run about in different short stories. :blobpeek:

Arc 4 is finally done, so here's spoilers !

1551 Haunted House
    Haunted house movie. Special bonus movie offered by the same ppl who do the variety show for the 10 newbies who were invited to that show (and didn't die). Completion = extra points than you'd earn in a regular movie. Difficulty is increased bc ZJH (You Jing's mom) outranks the movie level but ran in to participate.

Movie plot = actors win a 6 day vacation to mansion (total 13ppl).

At the mansion, they're greeted by a chef who's their host of the 6 days. MC and Lu Wen share a room, find a creepy monkey head that's used as flower vase, inside is hiding a blood stained teeth. LW hides it under his scales. (How does it even work....)

Yan Jing (geez these 2 have so similar names and same initials) messages MC, he watched a old movie of ZJH and learned she had skill to communicate with ghosts/spirits. MC send YW (who's very bad at this and acting so suspiciously)to distract RZ who's in the room between theirs and ZJH/YJ so ML can wall crawl outside the building to eavesdrop under their window. ZJH has vision of a woman who's terrified and crying being threatened by unidentified person who they're assuming is a man cuz they see mens shoes.

YJ wants to plot how to get rid of MC, ZJH grumbles how he's not important right now and he won't have the guts to flaunt around in front of her if he knows what's good for him. Ghost viewers: LOLOLOL HE'S RIGHT UNDER YOUR WINDOWSILL

They get called down for dinner. Chef asks them if they've found anything in their room, MC knows he's asking about the tooth.

MC theorizes how there's a bunch of unlucky numbers (13 is unlucky #in the west, the house# 1551 sums up to 13, in Christianity, God builds the world in 7 days so 7 = completion, but 6 is missing a day so it's "incomplete", 13 ppl sitting down to dinner is similar to The Last Supper).

Dinner is sashimi/other raw type foods. MC is suspicious, food looks creepy, and warns LW and RZ not to eat any thing, or at least no meat or tofu (it looks like brains)

While sleeping, ML suddenly wakes up and cuts open pillow which is creepily stuffed full of baby rats. Rats are injured/scared off by ghost knife).MC says that these type of baby rats are eaten as exotic food by some ppl. The monkey head in their room also resembles an exotic dish where ppl eat the raw brains, which resemble the creepy tofu dish, which some canon fodder ate during dinner. Cue screaming and MC running to girl's room in time to see 2 monkeys eating girl's brain. Fights off monkeys and discovers another tooth under the bed.

Next day YJ/his girlfriend Xia Yao finds chef's dead body inside giant drum which attacks them. The one that's been serving them food is a ghost. ZJH angry that XY tries to abandon her son and not help him, XY runs off and “bumps into nice MC” and reveal info she knows out of a fit of anger and spite. ZJH/YJ gets a menu of their 6 creepy exotic food so now they know which ones to avoid. At dinner, app requires everyone to eat at least 3 dishes. MC guesses they know menu cuz YJ is acting so smug. MC messes with him by picking up every dish and then putting it aside to watch his reactions, end conclusion is, just eat randomly whatever you want lol since they can't trust YJ reactions.

At night lady ghost shows up to canon fodder and demands the tooth he found, in exchange she won't kill him, but she does anyway after getting the tooth.

Ghost contacts ZJH/YJ, gives story how her husband likes to eat exotic food and forced her to do the same, after she tried to get him to stop, he pulled out all her teeth and killed her. She became a ghost and killed him. Male ghost still hanging around the house killing/eating actor's organs. Quest is to gather all her missing teeth (6) so she can stronger then male ghost and defeat him. We know this is all lies cuz she just murdered and
    ate the canon fodder organs. She also told them she needs 6 teeth, but it's actually 5 since she just got one! They force all the other canon fodders to join their group and run off to confront MC for the tooth he found from monkeys, which he gives in exchange for menu (he still has one hidden under YW's scales).

On MC's side, he reexamines first dead body and discovers a small sign inside her brains with the name of the dish it represents. Gets quest to collect the 6 exotic dish tags . Only one person can join this group. MC theorizes that the female ghost is actually the big bad villain and the male ghost is the one who hid her teeth to prevent her eating things and YW/RZ needs to find his body to join his group. So there's 3 groups total, the evil female ghost who ate the animals, the male ghost who killed her and hid teeth, and the animals. The male ghost and animals should be on same side. Only one person can join animal group but no limit to how many ppl join the other 2 groups and one person can join more then one group.

They find the body hidden inside a wall, but it's a female body. They're all confused until MC realizes there's no male ghosts, there's 2 female ghosts. Turns out ghosts are sisters, evil one is older. They were conjoined twins, big sis developed creepy desire to eat strange things, lil sis forced to tag along since they connected same body. Eventually parents surgically seperated them and wanted to lock big sis away and flee with younger sis, but big sis escaped and murdered parents but doesn't wanna kill lil sis (your the only one on my side). Eventually younger sis gets married, pregnant and big sis kills her for the "betrayal" (and eats her baby and organs). Her mission is to recover all her organs (heart, 2 kidney, liver, can't remember last one spleen maybe??) and her baby so 6 items total. But they can only get it from actors (not the animals) and not from the bodies killed by the animals. Which means they need to fight with big sis ghost for the bodies before she eats their organs. Lil sis body can be stored in app inventory.Dramatic fight with big sis ghost, ML gets most of the organs except for one kidney and the baby.

Fourth night, last canon fodder alive offers a tooth to big sis ghost. She's not only missing one. App notifies YJ/ZJH/XY that there only one tooth last, and it must be offered up by someone in her group. The last tooth will glow to reveal it's location - which is the one in YW scales. MC realizes and tries to go hide it but they're too late. Cue fight scene. ML gets YJ and holds him hostage against mom, lures her in and then borrows power from the bagua he got from zombie world and injures her. Lil sis ghost pops up and drags YJ away. Mom goes crazy and summons skeleton head to fight, ML is winning until big sis ghost shows up. In the midst of this, MC realizes he can donate one of his own kidneys to lil sis ghost. YW decides he should be the one to do it instead since he has tougher skin and bleed slower due to being part fish (shrug).

Meanwhile ghost knife is cracking from fight, MC tried ML to hide his presence for now and invites the evil spirit inside knife to possess his body. Knife spirit is super strong fighter. During the fight MC drops the lady teeth which is grabbed by big sis ghost and now she has all her teeth.

MC suddenly realizes where the last missing infant is, and runs off to one of the canon fodder killed by animals. The dish she represents is one where a pregnant sheep is cooked with the about to be born baby sheep still inside her womb. Since the ppl killed by animals are changed to be killed in similar ways, behold a baby magically appears in the dead body's stomach. And this qualifies because baby wasn't there before actor died. Infant can be used to complete lil sis mission or animal mission. Ghost knife wants to give baby to lil sis, MC demands he rip it apart, and inside baby is the last tag for the animal menu group.

Magical holy light shines on MC and freezes the evil ghosts. Animals representing the dishes appear and eat the 2 ghosts. MC also commands the animal to find ZJH and they eat her too.

The real back story of the ghosts =
    They were conjoined twin sisters. Both aren't good ppl and eat exotic food, but big sis doesn't hide it while lil sis acts like white lotus in front of others. Eventually they get surgery to seperate, parents want to lock big sis in prison but she kills and eats them instead. Lil sis escaped and wanted to start a new life but was captured and killed by big sis. Became ghost and counter killed her.

So both ghost groups are the wrong choice. MC realizes at the last minute that both were wrong because:
    1. Reward from younger sis = she'll become strong enough to defeat big sis
    2. Reward from animals = infinite protection and command of the animals.
    3. Both ghosts need collect 6 items which is an "incomplete" number, but the 6 animals +himself equal 7 which is a “complete” number

Nothing from the younger sis says she won't turn on them after defeating big sis! MC figures that the theme of this movie is animal protection (whaaaa?????). And the other theme of the movie is "Don't trust ghosts"!

Since the big sis can't be trusted, then there's no reason for them to believe the lil sis either. They've found no evidence that the lil sis side of the story is the truth, it's all based on what she told MC, the same way ZJH based everything based on the vision she got from big sis ghost.

Knife spirit suddenly tries to take over MC's body, which is when ML comes outta hiding and swallows the knife spirit. Some nonsense how how his eyesight is improved and his... Spiritual/mental fortitude is improved??? Really not sure how to describe this... Anyway important part is that apparently it's harder for things to possess MC from nor on.

MC gets a staff/cane thing that can copy another actor's equip. Total three uses. Can be used in any movie type.Can only copy one equip per movie - so if he copies person A, he can't copy person B. Is exact copy of the equip including all the negative/backlash bits. To use, it must be a equip used by an actor during the current movie, so it can't be something he saw in a previous movie. He can only copy equip that are level lower them the current movie level. So if he's in a level 3 movie, can only copy level 1 or 2 equip.

Every time it's used, it‘ll first deduct points equal to 20%of the current movie first rank's points (or 20%of the set reward points that go to the first ranker???). This points thing was confusing, we'll see how it actually works next arc.Literally half the chapter is about this staff so I expect heavy usage of it next arc.

Second function of the staff is that it can take on the appearance of any equip MC owned or copied before to trick/bluff other actors. It's only the appearance tho, can't actually be used as the equip. Total 3 uses, can only be used once per movie.

Ren Zhe got a healing equip and is grumpy cuz he wants to be fighter type not assist type!

I feel like this novel is starting to go the same way as Card Room where only MC and ML are epic awesome super smart and everyone else is hanging around the sidelines going: huuuuhhhhh????? I have no idea what's going on but all I need to do is obey MC!

ZJH isn't a newbie, yet she falls for this "trick" so easily. No one else except MC thinks about things, they literally show up in every scene just to wander around and like physically exist. And these ppl are suppose to be the top 10 newbies. If these ppl are this dumb, how did they survive this long! Cmon give your side characters brains and independent thought! MC can literally clear the movies by himself without YW or RZ help so why are they even here! What's their purpose as MC's group grows! What's the point of him having a group! :blobexpressionless:

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How does 1551 = 13?

Yeoha likes this.