LCD The Wandering Inn

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Arcturus, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That " Wait you think... " sounds condescending.

So we are on 1:1 for flopped recs right now. But I don't read much originals. Guess it's time to check on Zombie Knight again.

How to say this? In HTADDB character weakness I could overlook because it was compensated for in the overall crazy style and subvertion of expected fantasy happenings.

It felt more like a bunch of Stand users colliding simultaneously rather than a one on one or one on many as Araki does it.

And MC being wrong was more entertaining to me than being right as it reminded me of Hachiman, whose methods sometimes had effect and other times utterly failed.

2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm I guess I was trying to get across that I felt that HTADDB was a much worse novel than The Good Student. While the way it played with tropes was interesting, I thought the plot was rather disjointed, and I really couldn't bring myself to continue reading after the second book.

Though I do agree that TZK is excellent, even though Frost has disappeared off the face of the Earth again.

3. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I haven't written here in quite some time and again, quite a lot has changed.

And @Greater thunder , just to let you know, the Goblin story arc reached a climax and now they have largely been relegated to the sidelines of the current story.

It's now much more about Erin, Ryoka, the Antinium, and Baleros. Regardless, we've had some truly fun chapters and one of the most recent chapters with Yellow Splatters was truly wonderful as was the mini-arc with Niers and his students.

Greater thunder likes this.
  4. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    As an update, we've seen some big things, witches were quite interesting for instance. Also Erin x Ilvriss could totally be a thing.

Also @Greater thunder in case you're still paying attention, Frost is back and updating The Zombie Knight.

Greater thunder likes this.
  5. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    The Christmas chapter was amazing!!!! :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

I’m so happy for the Horns. I think they’re most definitely gold rank now!

Also Mons :blobmelt: She grew on me a lot on this chapter. Her and Pisces.

I’m a little sad about girl Toren being gone. Kind of anxious about what’s going to happen here.

Just a lot of really great feels overall!

Arcturus likes this.
  6. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I get to be the one bumping the thread? :blobpats:

I’m unsure about how I felt about the last chapter. It felt kind of like a re-hash of the aftermath of one of the battles, except mellow.

Oh, but I completely missed the part about Reiss’s ghost being around the Inn.

Toren is back!

One more chapter for the volume!

Will Erin hit level 40?

Arcturus likes this.
  7. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    You haven't bumped it in awhile, and I have some thoughts to express.

You know it would be interesting if Erin threatens access to the door if people don't behave. She could just cut off access to Invrisil by removing the Mana stone and tell Pryde to walk home, for example.

8. irieee

irieee Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This nivel
    The truth is that I liked how little I read but I really like the growth of kingdoms, development and others I wanted to know if it had because if it does not have kingdom building I would be bored