LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a matter of scale. Plasma doesnt need insanely high temperatures, only a few thousand K. So, if a mage can nuke half a city quarter with a single spell he/she/we should be very well capable of concentrating that heat into a single point. So, if by normal you mean elite but not completely insane, then yes. Plebs would most likely lack control.
    Since fire magic includes physical projectiles like fireballs this should be no issue. A plasma ball would merely be a much much denser spell in regards to energy.

2. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue isnt that he lacks the souls to draw from as substitutions. Its that the system has them pre-assigned. And whenever a soul goes poof he has to manually re-assign. So the fix is even simpler than you think...

3. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost sounds like a first come, first served method would do him best. Rodnut itself said that EVERYTHING was neutral to the soul. If it doesn't matter if the soul was the worst to ever exist, or the best, it could still end up as a tree, turtle, or Ghandi.

4. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that in avatar the main problem is that they do not understand it in the universe itself, saying it in a better way, while in almost all other stories people have more or less a clear concept of the driving forces behind magic / powers / skills, in the avatar story
    the world is very underdeveloped, in aspects such as the concepts of physics and chemistry are explored by madmen insane in isolated lands, morality, sensitivity and human rights are things normally spoken by people in jails, the number of people equivalent to academics should not exceed one hundred, the art of war and combat with weapons are almost non-existent except for the nation of fire and the only person who appeared in the series that seemed to have a clear concept of the driving force , It was an isolated guru who knows how many decades on a mountain, the other two people closer or had a journey of self-discovery through the worlds or simply lived what was necessary to understand what was necessary.

edit.
    And that last aspect makes sense for a key aspect, sensitivity, whatever the driving force of the manipulation of elements, the spiritual force, the inner energy, or the elements themselves, the vast majority of people in avatar do not seem to be capable to perceive it, to the point that the vast majority of people are born and die practicing flexing without understanding how the manipulation of elements as such works,And that is a point that causes the gap between other stories, in which people usually have something to hold onto to create a magical theory. and all this in the end makes sense, because without counting the avatars (which are cheats who have hacks and an automatic system), the number of people who seem to be sensitive to the motive force in the two series can be counted on one hand. That is speaking of humans, because the spirits are literally a world apart.

I did not think that I could get out of this series so much, even with everything and the defects of the two series, I must say that together they were a very complete product and that gives a lot to talk about

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you say is partly true but the fact remains that taking into account everything we as an audience know we can infer a few things about the power of bending.

First the the rule I mentioned about physical requirements. No matter how deep a bender's understanding, how matter how much self discovery they obtain. There is still the base requirement of needing the element to be physically present.

This is why Lava bending is an off shoot of earth bending because although it's hot like fire the physical base is earth an thus is is ONLY controllable by earth bending. The only fire bender that we know manipulated Lava was a past Avatar meaning they also had earth bending.

Going to water bending they can control water in ALL of it's states, blood, and mud. But all of those physcially have WATER in them.

Also Sand bending is mostly just normal earth bending but it sligtly tricky because benders used to solid earth have trouble dealing with the loose state of sand.

Now again the tricky ones are LIGHTNING and FLIGHT. I guess we can somewhat reason is as lightning being Plasma and being a super high energy state closely related to fire? But I don't the writers thought THAT deeply about it so we just take the writers word for it that fire and lightning are related the way they say they are.

Flight however is the most tricky and the fact only one person in the entire series has been seen using it makes it even harder. The best explanation I can think of (Outside of just chalking it up to the writers doing nonsense) is that FLIGHT is basically the highest form of airbending where they go beyond controlling the flow of the wind and instead control boyancy.

To put this in the simplest terms possible FLIGHT is possible because an Air Bender can alter the properties of air around them so that they can float in it. Then they move around by a light push of air.

Oh yeah I forgot Metal Bending. That one proves even more the core of bending because when Toph first Metal Bends she's shown sensing the earth "within" the metal and using that to bend the metal. Meaning she wasn't able to bend Metal UNTIL she grasped the element of earth within it. This proves fairly solidly that the requirement for a bender to bend ANYTHING is that the element they control MUST be present in some form.

6. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    We are talking about Rodtard here... he might very well have been insanely wrong.

7. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rodolt did explain the current system.
    Soul comes for reassignment. Wiped of all memories to a clean state like a whiteboard. Sent on to the next open slot that opened at the same time they died. Who the soul was before doesn't matter because it's erased unless Rod intervenes. Runs automatically unless something goes wrong.
    Unless Rod's system was designed by someone else and Rod ended up inheriting it, he would know.

You missed the part where I mentioned a HOLDING TANK in my overly long post. Meaning souls NOT already assigned he can use. Yomi or Hades are just areas where people go after they die. Basic engineering to add a capacitor to even out the output in case of uneven input.

8. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the problem here though
    Is that a soul are already assigned the moment they die
    The number of things dying and being born are equal and so the number of souls is never increased or decreased
    That's why when even one soul is destroyed by Van or the Demon king, it caused such a huge problem
    Those 2 were literally the only beings in the worlds that fall under Rodcortes management that had the ability to destroy souls which is why he had no countermeasures for those errors

9. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did mention he had 10k years after Gudu, and 11+ years after Van to come up with a fix. I came up with something that would help, though far from perfect in a few months.

Which of these scenarios do you think would cost Van more SAN points?
    10 year old Valen shows up in Talosheim looking for his wife after he fell through the holes in Vida's system(work in progress) or the Demonking system(working as intended)
    or
    System worked properly and Selene turns out to be Valen. Who was sold to a nobleman "for her protection". Though to be fair the person in question might actually be treating her as a daughter and not a target of perversion. Van has to hear what used to be his father talk about how the sun shines out of Heinz's hinds.
    I think #2.

10. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't think most people would have the mana, or even the knowlegde to do that, or even know it's possible (some people participating in the great war might have learned about it from the champions tho).
    But, I was not thinking about only plama. If we go to the basics of fire magic, it's heat manipulation.
    So stealing heat from one object to make your fire hotter should theoreticly be possible. But would also be a realy high level action...

11. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are not needed. The fact that the souls are pre-assigned is the issue. And the only one at that. So by changing the system to first come-first served he wouldn't need to do shit. Your idea only makes it more complicated, and doesn't fix the original problem, which ironically means Rodtards system is, to some degree, superior to your idea.

12. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rodcourt's system doesn't just assign you after your dead. It's next life is also programed. And the life after that. And the life after that. Every soul has a specific slot it's supposed to fill. And Rod has shown he can take people out of his system without harming it then or when their soul is destroyed. The only time a problem occurs is when a soul is unnaturally destroyed, in which case the system workers must go through every life without a soul and redirect a new soul into that spot. Typically he gets it from a plant because they don't really change with or without a soul.

13. alomari949

alomari949 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When will we get an update? It has been so long.

14. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    new chapters out

Neiden, Ophious, diamonds and 2 others like this.
  15. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Rodconte have to do some prepwork, before removing someone or any change outside the normal happens. If not, there will be a failure in the system.

Rodcorte is actualy realy lazy, building a system that can run by itself, so he can just sit down and reap the harvest.
    But as soon as something outside the normal operations happen, a small failiure is created. It's not only when a soul is destroyed. Any, and I mean ANY disruption results in a failure/error.

17. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the souls having their next lives mapped out, was only the case for Van and the Bravers, normally they would be placed in a body ready for a soul, cleaned of memories, and gifted with a basic bundle of talents automatically by the system. Rodcorte had to make preparations to remove souls from the wheel, ahead of time, and to place them back in after, but Van living for twenty years on Origin is proof that Rod's system doesn't account for everything in your life, enough to already have your next life ready.

xshugox and DragonMage18 like this.
  18. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well that was a fun chapter

19. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHHAA! All these fools calling me crazy! I was just talking to Van sama's familiar spirit all this time! BWAHAHAHAHA!

20. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    It does not account for everything, but it gives out guiding fates. Like you are more likely to luve a long life, gifted in the use of water magic, unable to use fire magic and born in a broken family, with above average intellect.
    Tho the chanses for it happening to you is only increased and it can end up with the opposite happening.