Recommendations Help!! Need a novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Katra1212, May 17, 2020.

1. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    You make a good point. Honestly I’ve read it a few years back, so I don’t remember much about the vr part in that novel, but the ending was really well made. It stuck in my memory (which is slightly better that gold fish one). It’s not my cup of tea ending, but it’s just as memorable as the ending of Strange Life of a Cat, but they have nothing in common.

Katra1212 likes this.
  2. hoppala

hoppala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Katra1212 likes this.
  3. Kitty Cat Cassanova

Kitty Cat Cassanova Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the late response. FY is in a very favorable spot right now, but the tension is fairly integral to the series up to the current TL. Probably will hate volume 3 and 4 because they are mostly FY getting bullied by immortals until volume 5. I say skip this one, my apologies.

4. Katra1212

Katra1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow. Thanks for the warning. 2 volumes worth of getting reckt. The readers of this novel are masochist. Aren't you frustrated to death while reading this? I like strong adversaries but it's another matter if they literally play the MC like a fiddle. That would be so suffocating to read.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  5. Kitty Cat Cassanova

Kitty Cat Cassanova Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s kind of masochism. I think that the main appeal is that FY doesn’t give up when the reader feels his struggle. Reverend Insanity is special because it gives a reward to the struggle the reader goes through. We know that he is probably going to win, but all the setbacks lead to cool stuff eventually. I find it sort of inspiring in a warped kind of way, but it can be painful, edgy, and campy at times. It is refreshing from generic xianxia, but only to a certain type of reader.

Katra1212 likes this.
  6. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    legendary mechanic it is technically a vr but not really as for the mc he is a npc in there and lives in it so for him its real and there are players that join in it like its a game
    the boss behind the game its the real underworld but like Gamers of the Underworld they transport them and make it that the way to get it is to play the game idk how to explain stuff