Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    1. An RPG-style Princess x female Hero (No men can appear in this story at all) [Reserved by Suryae (SH) until 24th of May]
    2. Rivals from different companies in a love-hate relationship (This story must contain romantic fluff) [Submitted by compass96]
    3. Women who flirt openly and without constraint throughout the story[Submitted by Titan0fPower]
    4. An airheaded MC and a yandere heroine[Submitted by HamsterOverlord-sama]
    5. Male to Female gender bend through reincarnation into a fantasy world [Reserved by Moonpearl until 18th of May (Editing)]
    6. A physically strong and beautiful seme (top) sweeps an uke (bottom) off her feet[Submitted by AsianessPride]
    7. An all-women polyamorous harem that’s filled with love and lust [Submitted by Bokuboy (SH)]
    8. Two adolescent girls questioning their sexuality end up falling in love together [Reserved by Lumaknight (off-site) until 10th of June]
    9. A little sister who’s spoiled by the big sister she idolises [Note: Due to SH Content Guidelines, this story cannot involve sex] [Submitted by Ninetailed_Furball]

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this one reminded me of that old(ish) story about a villainous noble girl and her yeandere imouto. I was looking forward to yuri incest but it ended up just yuribait (not really, my fault for expecting things where there weren't any indications except for my own biased opinion). A good story though

Moonpearl likes this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some, like "Female General and Eldest Princess". There are also ones where both leads are a bit stupid, like "Didn''t Know the General Was Female".

Aww... Well, it feels like gender bender "yuri" always gets translated first. Maybe this will pave the way for the good stuff?

Honestly, I only like it when the genderbent characters is trans or when everyone knows that they've undergone a transformation. I'm reluctant to read even the SH stuff in case it's not like this.

I know a few ones that were dropped early on, if those are alright for you?

Nothing is better as het. This is the one and only truth of the world. :blobangel:

I'm not... That mandatory word count is too ridiculous.

... I'm a bit annoyed that it's running across the same time as our competition. With the ridiculous goal they've set, no one who's participating is going to have any free time for other writing. I wonder if there's going to be anyone capable of taking part in ours?

Not entirely sure why this is an answer to that question, but~! Yeah, it looks like this event will be overlapping with the competition now.

Not long until it's published, hopefully~! There are a lot of stories in this one that I'm excited for everyone to read.

4. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try me just write the novel names.

My editor is going to put her yuri story (mc is a skeleton (!!!), fantasy yuri setting) on syosetsu, and I plan to tl as long as she finished dropping the chapter on syosetsu. She won't be tl ing to comply with NU rules though.

For SH competition, maybe I'll try writing something, it's about Movie Queen who is reincarnated(?) as a Cat, the female lead is an overbearing president.
    I always wanted to try writing ceo novels orz.

Can someone asked on the thread for me if Transmigrated (mc from different world) is allowed or does it have to be reincarnated? (Mc from same world)

SH Contest link.

5. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I know which story you're referring on! It's so disappointing but the author decided to make it just yuri bait, so I avoided it.
    But I heard mc end up with guy, so I don't even gave it a read. It's a shame, the premise seemed interesting,
    But we also have autenthic yuri where seemingly white lotus heroine is actuallh black lotus, so there is no need to look at sh*tty yuri bait!

6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, well~! In case anyone forgot: The Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2020) will begin next month!

"Maid in Isekai <<Fantasia>>" - NU page here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/maid-in-isekai-≪fantasia≫/

"Weisselillie ~Senka ni Sasagu ai no Hana, Soredemo Atashi wa Sekai ga Hoshii~" - https://www.novelupdates.com/series...i-no-hana-soredemo-atashi-wa-sekai-ga-hoshii/

Ooh~! Sounds interesting.

7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy moly, 40k words :notlikeblob: I can’t even if 2k. But wait, does OCs in the pokemon universe count as original series?

I’m honestly a little interested

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    40k in 1 month? Dem dat lots...
    True that

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not only 1 month, the deadline is August 17, so 2 months from now.

So... 40k words in 60 days, that's around 666 words/day... *gasps*

The idea of this huge word count is to encourage people to write full blown novels instead of just one shots. Ace Arriadne is helping sponsor it in order to foster Scribbly's author community of people that can write novels from beginning until the end... I think it's a good ideal~

Though yeah, 40k is a lot anyways, even if in 2 months! >.<

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  10. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get those all the times don't worry. I also get really nit-picky readers who complains about non-story issues like they don't like the theme of my site, etc. Or why I bother wasting my time translating trashy yuri story when there's better stories out there.

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's not only one month, but it's still too big for me. I avoid events like this.

Don't believe in biting off more than I can chew~!

12. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I've done nanowrimos? Twice so it shouln't be a problem much, I can do 50k chapter a month.
    Honestly if you're active writer on jjwxc its kinda.... stimulating? Every chapter of wn I have read, the length at least 2k characters counted to roughly 2k words if translated to English, update daily on weekday.... shudder.
    Of course you can save chapters, but still...
    Or, if you're a procrastinator like me you can use write or die online web app haha

13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I take a look at the summary and... I'm not interested, sorry. Orz

Moonpearl likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, that's a pretty valid point! No point in trying to do more than you can! ^^)/

Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
  16. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Moonpearl likes this.
  17. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    后宫拯救计划[穿书]
    Finished reading Harem Rescue Plan. Ml is literal slag, mc turned the harem into yuri.
    Currently reading Love Rival Confessed to Me
    情敌向我告白了
    MC, Shen Hui, dominering president ceo, found out her fiance is derailed and they broke up, after a series of things, she bought Xiaosan who made her broke up with scum fiance, Zhao Xinmiao to her house to raise... as a maid.
    Later mc's subordinate Jiang Miao is derailed with mc's colleagues, Wang Linyu, and mc talk about how its better and cheaper to raise a girl than to raise a scum man (MC and unknowingly indirectly advised Wang Linyu to be with Jiang Miao lol, esp how JM's live and career is over since the face slapping accident recorded n went viral)
    Kinda so many real life feeling, and I can symphatize with mc orz. -33
    I also want a cute maid like fl to raise.:sushi_sigh:
    Wang Linyu: I also want fl
    Shen Hui: Hahaha nope.jpg, she made a hundred year contract with me.
    MC is so cute, went coquettish and spoiled whenever she got drunk and her iq went offline. FL later become better, not only helping at home but also at job. Mc and fl get married.
    Later its implied after a series of up and down between Wang Linyu and Jiang Miao (even have JM leaving her so WL feels regret- she wants to propose but JM is gone) that after they met they get together, then they get married (I think. Idk the extra afer the end said they cancelled their marriage, etc etc and JM want to be worthy of WL?). Honestly the extra is uncecessary, its better to end with just the complete text, since WL and JM ended with WL proposing.

Also what fl said to mc as she get married is so touching, she expects prince charming to save her, but its actually snow white who helped her or some thing. Its nice

"I am very lucky to meet you. I still remember when we first met. At that time, I was thinking, who is this girl and why is she so beautiful? When we met again later, I thought that there must be something special between us. It must be fate, so I must take you home."

"I am a lazy person, don't like to do housework, buy things, thank you for taking care of me, thank you for willing to spoil me, MiaoMiao, under the witness of everyone today, I want to tell you, I love you, I want to be your partner, together withstand the wind and rain that you will face in the future, grow old together, and never separate. "

Zhao Xinmiao had already burst into tears before she finished talking.

"I'm the one who should thank you. I always felt that the suffering I had suffered in the first half of my life was done to accumulate luck to meet you. When I was in agony, I always dreamed of having a Prince Charming will come to me and reach out to me to save me, but what I didn't expect was that it was Snow White who saved me. You told me that I was a valuable person. It turned out that I should be cherished. It was you who took me to find me the meaning of life.

"HuiHui, please take care of me for the rest of my life."

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Aisha Ann and Moonpearl like this.
  18. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone wants to read a good story on Wattpad, I recommend The Gods of Song and Poetry. It's such a good story, and just finished today.

Moonpearl likes this.
  19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel attacked and I thought you all might like to join me.

compass96 likes this.
  20. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Disappointing since they only reviewed Rei and Minako from Anime, not Manga or PGSM, they both have different personality.
    My other ship is Hotaru x Chibiusa, and did the video say anything about Setsuna x Chibiusa? :sushi_chubby:

Currently reading:
    别吃女儿的醋!
    Don't Eat Your Daughter's Vinegar! -28
    MC Ma Xiu and FL Miao Zhiqing who are both tall woman, but... strangely, although FL claimed that she didn't love MC, they actually have a legal loli 19 years old daughter named Miao Yue in the future, and the daughter from 2040 travelled back in time to help MC in 2020 chase FL.
    Loli daughter: Stupid mom, why did you tell my mother that I'm your little sister, look, my mother is jealous!
    MC: Should I tell you that you're our daughter instead!?
    MC loli daughter is tsundere showing her feeling on her sleeves, FL is .... very cold regarding showing her feelings? MC is worried that she will both be wifecon and daughtercon in the future QAQ

Last edited: May 19, 2020