How do you feel about life right now 2020?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, May 18, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk much about real estate but house around my town isn’t going down. Even a half shit of a house with ruin carpets still goes for 200k.

No. It would create no incentive to work. We could see more shortage of workers. With UBI, we may need to include a minimum mandatory hour worked or other activities. There r already talk about this and how this could be extreme “control.” Imagine if u can watch an ads and make money? That’s the kind of things being talk about. But this can easily turn into a state full control. People too dependent on the government.

Is the house under your name?

2. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... you still can. Just order it for delivery or armor up. :blobhero:

mir likes this.
  3. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah but I live in it and the only one thats basically working right now. Dads the only one here right now, he basically works contracts though.

We aint rich so if I can help ease things a little, im good with that.

4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    rngesus has forsaken me

trying to find a new kamisama

mir likes this.
  5. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is pointless as always.

6. yamibae

yamibae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I still feel good about 2020 and onwards despite all the doom and gloom, half of this is because I'm secure financially and half of it is because I think it's important to not get too clouded up about other people and the macroeconomy but instead focus on yourself and what will fulfill you. For a lot of younger people I think, owning a house isn't as important but of course this depends on your own values, some people value the freedom to pack up and leave without being strapped down to a big debt while others want to have a stable place to raise their family without the threat of potentially being kicked out.

As for if I think the housing market will tank, I think it eventually will but it might not be an immediate thing as of yet, and the price drop will eventually also be limited so I don't really think a lot of the people wanting to buy property could get in except the ones who were somewhat wealthy even before, for others if they can convince a jittery bank without much savings is a question mark. My personal situation I'll likely never buy a house to stay in till I'm married since I find it a total waste of money but I wouldn't mind picking up a second place for a bargain to rent out. Alternatively, if I really wanted to live in a house what I'd do is just buy it and rent out all the spare rooms so tenants will help subsidise the mortgage kek.

Snowbun likes this.
  7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The biggest issue with UBI is how the economy works. The amount of $ in circulation is equal to the value created. By simply giving out salary to everyone, it is equivalent to causing inflation equal to what you give out.

8. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Like i said wait a bit.

9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Like you"? You assume anyone who disagrees with you must be from an enemy nation? You sure your name is not Kim Jong Un or something like that? Because that sure is a 3rd world dictator way of thinking.

By the way, I work in CDC. So if anyone has the right to yell at people for health shit, it's me.
    You on the other hand are just using this pandemic as an excuse to be racist.

10. asaade

asaade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh poor you dont worry ill pray for them to eat more meat so we will have more dangerous virus in the future so you wont lose your job

11. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks though I think we should make America Great Again by shipping you over to them so you can pray better.

12. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was some progress. Be it my overall health, physical condition, my ability to write or even my english grammar.

I still feel empty, but it is not a bad emptiness anymore.

Someday I gotta get out of the city and do some mountain climbing or outdoor trekking. Maybe this winter when the sunlight weakens a bit.

13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    My life is basically the same tbh... I just work at home-office and try my best each day I guess?

14. MapItOut

MapItOut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not terrible, but I can't help feel 2020 is just going get worse. Can't really say anything about the housing market, not something I'm particularly informed about, unfortunately.

15. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this real life? Is this a fantasy?
    Everything feels oddly normal and oddly not at the same time.
    I worry about my family
    I wonder if I'll live through it
    I'm oddly unconcerned about possibly dying and it's weird.

16. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Unpredictable. In crisis, there's opportunity.