Discussion What's up with wuxiaworld?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by NogardterceS, May 19, 2020.

?

What's up with wuxiaworld?

1. They have been consecutively picking up garbage.

2. They've done something to draw the ire of the community

3. Water armies are pulling down their works

4. People are getting tired of the same stuff.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk. I only go there to read Yandere Disciples, since it is the only story that hasn't gone premium while actually being good. The author doesn't post on Scribblehub or RR either.

For WW novels, I usually go by who is translating it and not by any ratings. Like how Trash of a Count's Family & Tomb Raider King are done by miraclerifle. The translators themselves seem to have preferences on what they like to translate and I like miraclerifle's tastes.

2. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't buy the water/50c army theory because there are so few votes per novel. You would expect to see a larger volume of overall votes if there were bots or paid people coming to rate novels, but many have less than a 100 votes or only a few hundred votes.

There are just fewer people voting nowadays. WW's readership has been in consistent decline for a couple years now, yet the ongoing novels are still free to read and the release rate is higher and more consistent now than it's ever been. So why the decline?

Because people get tired of reading the same thing over and over. Readers by now have read thousands of chapters of cultivation novels, so it is much harder to impress or excite them. Plus, they can be much pickier now than in the early days because there is so much more to choose from. In 2017-2018, it was common knowledge among WW translators (which is to see, they always talked about this in staff chat) that many readers often would wait until 100 chapters had been released before starting a novel. Well, now they can wait even longer than that because there's a bunch more novels they can read while they let chapters stack up.

The explosion of content that began with Webnovel in 2017 when they added hundreds of novels within the span of a year, then with the increase to 2/day release rate as standard on WW, and now WW's recent habit of adding 5-6 novels at a time (something that never happened nor would have happened in the past, as RWX was always concerned about novels cannibalizing each other over readership) -- all this was a short term boon, but in the long run spells death. A glut of content devalues the content.

Readers are fewer now because many burned out on these novels and found other hobbies, while the ones who remain have the luxury of picking and choosing from a huge sea of content. For all the talk of Qidian having a better library, it's still just two novels from there that people really talk about: Reverend Insanity and Lord of the Mysteries. Yet there overall readership is still lower than WW's.

In my opinion, there was always a finite lifespan to this hobby of translated webnovels.. The explosion of content is just accelerating it to that end faster. The novelty has worn off. So fewer people are reading, and so fewer people are rating novels. Look at MGA's reviews on WW. Mostly negative, yet that novel is consistently one of the top novels on the site. And still, it only has just over 200 reviews total. Most people just don't review or rate novels.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    raccoon bread.jpg
    time to pick jp novel WW~
    alphapolis type is enuf~

or just compete with jclub~

4. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are so many quality cn novels on webnovel imo, for eg ~ Lord of the mysteries, Reverend Insanity, My House of horrors, Sword of dawnbreaker, Release that witch, and the list goes on..

Whereas only quality novels on ww are Record of mortal's journey to immortality, city of sin, monarch of evernight.....

5. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >implying KR novels are any different or that beucase its cultivation novel or harem its the reason its why it went bad

lol

6. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, Webnovel has a sea of trash. WW has some generic stories, but a lot of stuff on Webnovel are just plain bad. Lord of the Mysteries is one of the only ones constantly mentioned as good.

7. bored nobody

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep there is trash on webnovel but all novels that I mentioned are far better than novels on ww.

8. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't comment on that. I haven't read any of the ones you are claiming as top-tier on Webnovel or WW.

9. bored nobody

Reading List:
    Link
  10. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    ? I don't understand. City of Sin, Mortal's Journey, and Evernight all don't go over 4.0 rating-wise. While Trash of the Count Family, Second Coming of Gluttony, and Moon's Labyrinth do go over 4.0. Plus, those are the only ones I bothered to check.

Why are you touting City of Sin, Mortal's Journey, and Evernight as being the cream of the crop from WW?

11. bored nobody

Reading List:
    Link
    I was talking about Chinese novels on wuxiaworld and Webnovel, not Korean. I don't read kr novels much , tho I have read trash of count's family and it is decent, not that good though..

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    GDLiZy and ongoingwhy like this.
  12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, Trash of the Count's Family is like a generic CN novel. Furthermore, I couldn't stand how the protagonist's actions don't match his words. What is he, a tsundere? :blobconfused:

bored nobody likes this.
  13. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, he is a tsundere. It is often commented on by the other characters.

14. bored nobody

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, the response/reaction of side characters and the concern for Mc's well being was annoying . Maybe you didn't notice it but because I binged it I found that irritating. After chapter 250, 1/3 part of every chapter was nothing but reaction and concern of side characters ~

Rosalyn called out to him with concern while Choi Han’s mouth opened and closed multiple times as he didn’t know what to say. Cale patted the pale Choi Han’s shoulder and calmly continued to speak.
    “This is something I have to do.

"Cale-nim, will you be okay?”
    Choi Han bit down on his lips as he asked.
    ‘I'm sure he’ll say that he is fine.’
    That was how Cale always answered.

And this Choi Han guy was biting his lips in every 3 chapters.....

I dropped it around 350.
    Meh
    It wasn't that good tbh

ongoingwhy likes this.
  15. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can be bit ironic with all these cultivation novels here and on qidian.

16. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Audience matured more quickly and they still picked old completed novels of famous authors. Although few of current novels like netherword investigation, otherworldly merchant loks interesting but they picked cultivation novels in between when audience is tired of them.

17. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a little too subjective?
    There is The Godsfall Chronicles, Immortal Demon Transformation, Renegade Immortal, ISSTH, Archfiend, Skyfire Avenue, The Grandmaster Strategist. As for new ones, other than IDT, I haven't read any other CN novels from there.
    It is more like WW doesn't have diversity in its choices, they pick the xianxia/xuanhuan stuff, which has changed recently with detective novels like 'Genius Detective' coming. It was decent from the few chapters that I've read.

GDLiZy likes this.
  18. bored nobody

Reading List:
    Link
    Ofc It was my opinion. Imo most of the novels on ww are trash. I don't really read anything from there. Well, it is my problem for being picky. :Shrugs:
    I have nothing against ww. Same goes for Webnovel. They are also picking mediocre novels nowadays. And their Trial Read system is flawed....

19. kingtaoist

kingtaoist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    let's be real here. in my experience reading chinese novels ever since stellar transformation and coiling dragon, i've noticed that the longer the novels go on, the more plot holes they create. thus reducing the quality of the novels. the only authors that ive found consistent in their works are IET, TJSS and ER GEN. let's take ''release that witch'' as an example. at the beginning of the story to the middle part, i've found it better than your average chinese novels and i would probably rate it at 4.5 stars. but as the story went on the more i became irritated by the inconsistencies, plot holes and the unrealistic development of the story. yes, it is a fantasy genre, but it still needs to be logical and follows common sense. like, how can a world with the technology and knowledge equal to the middle ages(1400-1500 BC) whose inhabitants can barely read and write other than the nobles be able to produce guns in mass, trains,telephones, napalm(nuke) and fighter jets just because someone from the modern world was reincarnated in that world who, by the way, was a computer engineer(programmer. i for the exact job).when i know for a fact that most people who work in the security industry(police, army etc) don't even know how to make guns. i know that he eventually got a power to remember everything he read from his past life, but that is not enough to justify the events and technologies created in that world. experimenting for a month or two and they are already capable of creating high-tech planes?add to that a very capable pilot? highly unlikely. if i rate the entire ''release the witch novel'' i would probably rate it as 3 stars. a great start up to the middle parts and then it started going down hill for me after that. people may have a different opinion, but that was how i saw RTW. it is the same for most of the chinese novels i've read -- although not all of them

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  20. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    He is an engineer, but not computer engineer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.