Discussion Tattoos. Yes no?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by notatsyet, Jan 28, 2018.

?

Good idea to get tattoos?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Yes but not named

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. Keep personal

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think to a large extent, even in Asia and more conservative circles, tattoos aren't that scandalous anymore. Earlier, there was a perception that only lower class people or criminals had tattoos which still persists in certain places. However, unless you're aiming to be a politician, a government worker or work in banking, visible tattoos are mostly acceptable in urban areas. If your tattoo can be hidden with clothes, then it's noone's concern but yours and whoever you're showing it to.

I don't have a tattoo but I had my hair dyed various unnatural colours (green, blue, purple) for the last couple years. I didn't attract any negative attention for the hair. The very busy male CEO of our firm once spent 15 mins trying to help me decide which colour I should dye my hair next.

From another perspective, pay is not the only thing to look for in a job. Why work somewhere that you can't be yourself? There's bigger things to worry about with any career than to obsess if the way you look is going to impact your job and growth. If you want a tattoo, just find a job that won't give you crap about it. There's plenty of new economy jobs where the only thing that matters is whether you can deliver. Frankly speaking, the way the world is going with AI and automation, I doubt any of the old economy jobs will last very long. For example, the financial services industry is mostly being automated and soon funds will be wholly managed by algorithms with no fund managers or analysts in the picture.

2. JNaomi

JNaomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably bang his head on a wall and then bang my head on the wall for my stupidity :cookie:

Jk. Id probably break up with him on the spot if he doesn’t have a good excuse

3. Monkey King Sun

Monkey King Sun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tattoos are good I have one on my back its a dragon and one on top of my heart which is identical to my pfp.....

4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    have you seen tattoos on old people? especially if they fail to keep fit. fucking disgusting

SilverFeather likes this.
  5. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure from which country most people are from, but where I am from as long as the tattoos is only on your arms/rest of your body except on your face it should not give you any problems with finding a job or having a great carrier. In Germany every 3rd person my age has a tattoo. The CEO of the company I worker for also had one.
    Again that might only be here.
    Might also depends what kind of work you will be doing.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  6. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    A friend got a tattoo and I even helped her get the design, would I get a tattoo myself? nope, I honestly find some attractive but I believe it is unwise to do it, plus erasing them is painful or so I heard

Bonus: Getting a tattoo in my country is almost considered illegal and you might get confused with somebody from a gang... seriously... ah my friend got her tattoo kinda well hidden so...

7. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind people with tattoos, but I don't want one. It'll look horrible once my skin begins to lose shape. Also, I'll definitely get tired of it after a few years

8. dekinridoine

dekinridoine New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ink a small one which won't be vulgar, but will have a meaning!

9. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes if you want to, no if you don't.

Like @Insetient pointed out there are ethnicities who historically practiced the art of tattoo (such as Tā Moko) as a fundamental part of the culture. Over the past twenty years, Tā Moko has experienced a resurgence in people of Māori descent with a small but steady increase in people choosing to have it done. Do non-Māori still discriminate? Sure. But the Māori are learning to care less and less when making decisions about themselves both as individuals and as a whole. Others imported their bias against tattoo. It wasn't something that existed here in the first place.

10. ballcaccha

ballcaccha New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why you disguise yourself so much if you want to make a tattoo? I hate any forms of inking and those who tell me that their tattoos carry a certain tragic moment from their lives piss me off. While inking your body suffers certain changes and you experience a lot of negative emotions which will be expressed later on through terrible headaches, red spots, allergies and even infections. Tattoos can also cause cancer and other skin issues. I advise people who already made tattoos to get rid of them as soon as possible. It doesn’t hurt and the laser tattoo removal aftercare period passes usually in a week or two.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  11. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends.

Asian countries like Japan, Korea or China still have very big hate boners against tattoos. The younger generation no longer cares but there are still a lot of middle-aged and old people who will look at you as if you were a gangster that kidnaps kids in his free time. The discrimination goes as far as to not let you get jobs you would otherwise or even enter restaurants.

On the other hand, in western countries like mine, Spain, it wouldn't cause you such problems.

Concluding, as it is your body you're free to do whatever you want with it. However, you should always follow what common sense tells you. Don't get big-ass tattoos of your soon to be ex, don't tattoo your eyeballs ffs and you should be good to go.

@ballcaccha And with all due respect, sir or madam, tattoos don't cause cancer. Nor you get "negative emotions" either.

Vaccines work, Bill Gates didn't create the corona, and the Earth isn't flat either, sir or madam.

Bad stuff like red ink can cause allergies & inflammation issues but nowadays you only get complications if you get your tattoo in a sewer or something.

Reputable parlours should be able to provide sourcing details that can be traced back to a reliable vendor, as well as health risks, and hazardous material compliance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Deleted member 79325 likes this.
  12. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tips.

Don't go cheap, atleast spend some 100's dollars to get a good one.

There isn't one good type, just meet the artist he'll help you decide.

Make sure to have a vague idea before going.

Don't be muscle head, go for the easy places first.

And my personal opinion- Don't put your gf or wife's name. It's just not worth it, if you break up then you have to live with reliving the pain everytime you look.

Id again suggest you go for it on your thighs first, if you feel comfortable then move on.

13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    1. A lot of my friends has tattoo.
    2. Faction, clan, unit tattoo is a good things. Girlfriend tattoo ? Seriously ?

It's not a bad things in my opinion it's a freedom of expression that's only as bad as it's etched permanently on your own skin (with some skin related health issues as well).

14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me, I'm just mining some nuffies in here >~<)/

imK and Deleted member 79325 like this.
  15. Deleted member 79325

Deleted member 79325 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny how you can see the social impact of the tattoo from different cultures. A lot of cultures are ok with people having tattoos. Others are not. Then you get sub groups within the culture (religions etc) that influence people's minds.

Tattoos these days (in most countries) are reasonably safe. As is mentioned above research the artist and check the standards of hygiene and safety before getting one done. Also, think carefully where you get one, and how it may affect you in the future. Do you want a gangster tattoo on your face at 18? Will you move later to somewhere that doesn't like that and find you can't get a job when you hav a family at 30?

Also, now you can get tattoos that only show up in black light, special ink that dissapears with a special laser, so cool. And you can get them removed now. Not the best thing, but at least it's some thing.

imK likes this.