Spoiler Death Is The Only Ending For The Villain

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LockedPuppet, Dec 20, 2019.

1. AnimeLova

AnimeLova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone knows what happens when Yvonne returns in this timeline please spill the beans I feel everyone is dying to know

2. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud 蝶のようにここまで

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers! <3
    The manhwa has been catching up, but stuck at chap 21 apparently. I just hope we get more novel updates this month *fat hope*

3. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beautiful summary! And a hard YES on the irl-family POV. I love seeing people who acted like shit realize what they have done and that they can never right their wrongs.

4. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah! Also just in case to anyone else, to clarify my point I mean Penelope's account can be considered accurate because it's hard to be unreliable about something you physically underwent.
    Also, I definitely agree with you in that latter portion, it's a delicious source of angst!

I will say that the only hiccup I find with this story is that I think she changes her family's hearts a little too easily and that it'd be more satisfying to build it up more for a larger payoff down the road. Some part of me also finds the "god curse" twist to be a bit contrived and less interesting than if Penelope's family had to be forced to work through their own issues, but at the same time we wouldn't have the angst Yvonne causes later and she wouldn't be as big of a threat, so tit for tat I say.

A few things I wanna ask:
    • Do Penelope and Callisto ever relate their situations to one another? With both having dysfunctional families and being forced to fight to survive because they could accidentally (Penelope's case) or intentionally (Callisto's case) get killed it sounds like they could be pretty decent foils and lead to some interesting interactions.
    • Does Yvonne know that Penelope can see favorability?

Biakushi, CottonKey, nielyti and 5 others like this.
  5. 2_Zen_Owls

2_Zen_Owls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was curious so I looked it up; apparently malnutrition is a huge increase in risk of getting stomach or GI cancer, especially if it starts at a young age.

It also seems like some of the food she ate was bad, they left her to walk home in the rain, and we know she was bullied to the point of being beaten when she was young. So her health in general was probably constantly poor. I don't think it's too far fetched to say Penelope's family indirectly killed her.

It makes me more curious about the family poverty after she dies.

6. MianneChan

MianneChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Penelope even said her health has been poor because of the bullying done by her brothers because either she eats food that has gone bad or she starves. It feels like her having cancer is just a walk-up call to them to repent and reflect on their actions but it's too late. It's understandable why she wouldn't choose them in the end.

7. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it was ever said the family had financial problems? Do you mean from trying to pay for her procedure?

And yeah poor nutrition + poor treatment + an incredibly stressing and traumatizing homelife is just asking for a bouquet of medical issues.

Does the modern world family ever get focus? I heard there were side stories being made so I'm wondering if they're looked at there. It'd be weird for such an important part of Penelope's backstory to not get any and leave the audience with only implications as to what happens after she chooses to stay.

8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, if I understood the spoilers right, even in her reincarnated self in modern Korea, this was also because of the Villainess curse, right? At least, one indirect purpose of that was to put Penelope in a similar situation. The only difference is compared to the novel world, not everyone is out to get her/against her (otherwise, she'd get bullied by people). Honestly, I feel its also partially a wake up call for them and more its because Yvonne and the evil god are possibly dealt with, and now that the curse is lifted, they HAD the chance to make amends but Penelope would naturally choose to be with the Prince since he's literally someone she formed a bond with. Sure, if she chose to go back, her relationship with the modern family could be better (and compared to the novel world, isn't as life threatening) but it'll be hard to find someone with a kindred spirit like Callisto

9. 2_Zen_Owls

2_Zen_Owls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was spell check. Poverty was supposed to be POV.

I do hope we get that side of her life fleshed out as well.

Rosie77 likes this.
  10. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't someone say that she looses the ability to see favourabilty pretty quickly once someone reaches a certain percentage?

And no, what I remember, her IRL family was by no means poor, it's just that when she decided to move out for university, they did not want to support her, which is why she lived in that little shithole appartment and had trouble feeding herself.

11. Deleted member 212141

Deleted member 212141 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually get elder brother purposely gave her that small, shitty house

12. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, do we ever get to actually see the game Penelope talking in a flashback or explaining her life in a way that isn't just "her mother died and she got adopted"?

Because the whole thing about the curse and the manhua look of her child self makes it seem like game Penelope had already been abused even before coming to the mansion, like everyone or almost everyone just hated her on sight and attacked her, and it's part of the reason she managed to adapt to life on the mansion, it wasn't that different from how she lived, i think the manhua even has Penelope eating some good food after the maid got somewhat punished and the body reacts as if eating good food is bizarre, as the game Penelope was already used to it.

Makes me wonder if her life was just as bad if not worse than the one the main character had on modern Earth and her life changed her personality into a bitter cynical one pushing people away because she can't see anyone ever being nice to her so she doesn't bother trying.

13. VioletBlue

VioletBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I'm allowed to ask here .. but dose this novel have a real game?

DRpsy likes this.
  14. Reita_360

Reita_360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would have been nice if there was. I would have bought it already XD

15. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, he asked for her forgiveness after the 3rd floor incident. As someone there mentioned he felt guilt.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    eagerreadergirl and rock.doll like this.
  16. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I correctly recall Vinter received that gift from Penelope, when she met him at his place where she was invited. She accidentally found out his secret and children whom he took care of. He threatened her that if she told his secret someone else he erased her memories. At this time she realized that Vinter was the one who would bring Yvonne to her coming age ceremony, so she couldn’t trust him. That’s why she rejected him (not in romantic way) but nevertheless she returned him his handkerchief and give the velvet box (I think it contained the cuff). You can read this part there https://www.wattpad.com/865952511-꧁☬death-is-the-only-ending-for-the-villain☬꧂-꧁༒☬/page/3

Unfortunately I couldn’t find direct mention that she gave him the cuff. I only found that she gave him the gift https://www.wattpad.com/865440136-꧁☬death-is-the-only-ending-for-the-villain☬꧂-꧁༒☬/page/2. But there is no detailed information about what it was.

But in conversation with the Duke Vinter mentioned that this gift was from the lady who rejected him. And Penelope was clearly the one who rejected him. Moreover when he told about that his favorability increased. It meant that he knew that gift was from Penelope.

I am sure that it was Penelope who gave him the cuff. But if I am mistaken please allow me to know it because I also wonder from whom Vinter received the cuff.

Last edited: May 21, 2020