Recommendations Novel Translations like Coiling Dragon

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Goblin Sleuth, May 23, 2020.

1. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys have any novel recommendation either Xianxia, Xuahuan or Wuxia, that fully translate their fantasy terminology into English? I am sick of trying to read a cultivation story where the stages are something like Xuan Hun, Xuon Han, Xuan Hen, Xuon Hun, etc. Especially when the English translation of those stages is literally something like Martial Disciple, Martial Adept, Martial Master, etc. Even when I can remember the names of the different stages, I can never remember the order they go in. Some Martial Brother showing up talking about how he is a second layer Xiandou, and I'm sitting here like an idiot going trying to remember if that is supposed to be impressive or not.

2. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, those are just lazy translation

3. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    The characters in CD are named that way in Chinese.. give Desolate Era a try, same author (IET) and they mostly use daoist names as they go further into the story

4. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah I've already read Desolate Era, but it is a good example. I especially like the novels use of daoist titles. Darknorth, Firecloud, Threefat. Some of them are kind of weird, but they are very recognizable and easy to remember.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  5. AsianSnorlax

AsianSnorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link