Recommendations What novel is in your heart ?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by WrathOfAshura, May 23, 2020.

1. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord , kumo desu ga nani ka?
    Because the author are really good at making a non-cliche story.

Tales of Demons and Gods
    It left really deep impression but in a not really good way. I feel bittersweet whenever i recalled about this novel.

2. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning and FFF Class Trash Hero, both have Main Characters that put aside any possible hobbies and romance so that they can accomplish their goal of being free and returning to a normal life. They have 1 goal from start to finish, and they will stop at nothing to accomplish it, even if they have to do things that are morally grey. On top of that, both of them are scientifically inclined, logic driven, often to a fault, and try to their best to not rely on other people for protection, which I can respect.

Also, A Will Eternal, I think back to A Will Eternal quite often since Bai Xiaochun is one of the few Protagonist's who spares his enemies, and afterwards there's still a fair amount of friction between them. He is usually reluctant to fight, with him only getting serious if it relates to his lifespan or to protect the people he cares about. And every once in a while, I go back and read the part when the Spirit Stream Sect and Blood Stream Sect are about to attack each other, and It is glorious.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  3. jlin0888

jlin0888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. TokioftheBel

TokioftheBel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same

5. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. njs01

njs01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the earliest series I can remember enjoying and my gateway to the world of books.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  7. Imperiestro

Imperiestro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. KichiX

KichiX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For webnovels:
    Our Second Master
    Same Place Not Same Bed
    and I guess I have to include Desolate Era which was the first Chinese webnovel I ever read. Also Together Forever - even though I couldn't bare finish it.
    ... It seems that the ones that stuck with me have a definite melancholic overtone. Even though I hate tragedies ^^;;;

For English-language, traditionally published fiction, The Name of the Wind.

There are a lot of other books that I could list as being my favourites, but these are the ones that really stayed in my heart.

9. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Ranger's Apprentice is the first series that brought me into enjoying tales of adventure and actual physical and mental growth.
    The best stand alone story for me is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The story was simple, but enjoyable.
    I enjoyed reading Skulduggery Pleasant, but didn't finish it due to forgetting where I was. I can't wait for the next book in the Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson.
    (Artemis Fowl is a good read.)

10. mohamed420

mohamed420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. SleepyFox

SleepyFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sabriel from the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix, I've always loved it and it's always stuck with me... I can't remember much of it to be honest, just that the series has always stayed in my mind.

12. Hollowed

Hollowed Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since people already told about Tales of Demons and Gods, Overlord and Mother of learning
    I will also mention :
    The Iron Teeth
    Release that Witch
    The Novel’s Extra

They are not perfect but i liked them a lot, i wish i could forget to read them again like the first time.

13. kingSlayer033

kingSlayer033 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Return of the Condor Heroes
    This is one of the big reasons why I learned Chinese in the first place. It has great characterization and some great themes. It also has the best fight scene I've ever come across in any wuxia novel; perhaps it's just outright the best one I've ever come across. It's not the best Jin Yong novel, but it's still my favorite.

Bu Bu Jing Xin
    This is the book that showed me that Romance novels could be worth reading. It's one of the earliest transmigration stories, and it went a long way towards dispelling the glamor of historical settings.

回到明朝当王爷
    This book blew my mind by showing just what historical books can do and how awesome they could be. I've always liked historical novels in general, but my thoughts on how good they could be had always been limited to what I read in English language books and Chinese ones are just vastly superior.

15. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It''s one of my fav. ruthless mc novels.

kingSlayer033 likes this.