Discussion Fujoshi: Online Clickbait is getting realistic

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MangoGuy, May 23, 2020.

1. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait until another idiot tries to publish infinity template in english and the copyright sharks will follow.

in this case there is a simple solution
    consider the source material of omegaverse to be the Public Domain, make both author only have copyright in their work, not in the concept in which their work is based on

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    This is horrible. I’ve been reading omegaverse fanfics for over a decade. I’ve even written one myself, although I tried to stray enough from the regular tropes to make it original, while keeping enough tropes for it to be familiar. This woman should have no claim to Omegaverse, and it would be a huge blow if she wins. If she does win, I wonder how it would affect not only the fanfiction world, but also Japanese stories and novels, and Chinese novels, where the genre also thrives.

I’ve been thinking recently about whether I should try to change my omegaverse story and try to publish it as an original, so this is especially off putting.

AliceShiki, Shem and imK like this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, you may want to change the title of your thread. I feel like this is something Fujoshis will want to know about, and they might not click on your thread with your current title.

AliceShiki, AMissingLinguist and Shem like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this cat two cakes

~my precious~

basically that~

claim for plagiarism is ok as long as proven on court~ claim over trope..... heh
    anyway this cat tbh not surprise~

6. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    No but I'm not surprised. McDonald's tried to copyright how to put together a burger. Cadbury is STILL trying to copyright that particular shade of purple. Whenever greedy assholes can monopolize something someone else created, they will. Hopefully it gets thrown out. Someone should sic the Ao3 crowd on her lol. Some of them would straight up shank you if you told them they wouldn't be able to enjoy their [insert fetish] any more.

7. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    The woman just wants some money. It's obvious, even the publisher of her books ¯\_(˘ ▽˘)_/¯ ... Omegaverse is a genre, why claim it? I've seen a lot of fanfics with this kind of genre, not to mention mangas.

Also I've read a few English novels where an author has this kind of omegaverse but m/f version, almost the same, it has mating, bite marks and all those shit. But eh...

AliceShiki, Coffea to Ell and imK like this.
  8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    to me, omegaverse (from all that's been said and mentioned) seems like furry-dom altered to suit non-furries. so two authors arguing about the ownership of tropes and a genre that neither of them have any actual claim to is utterly hilarious. It just seems like a money grab because no-one had yet thought to monetize it at the time.

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anra7777 likes this.
  10. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The title of that news article was click baity as hell!!

11. daydreaminglamb

daydreaminglamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should change the title of the thread, it doesn't have anything to do with the article.
    Also the concept of Omegaverse came out in 2010 so she isn't the owner of that genre.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The title talks exactly about a legal feud in Omegaverse Erotica! It's not clickbaity at all! *defenestrates*

daydreaminglamb likes this.
  13. daydreaminglamb

daydreaminglamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree, the article covered exactly what the title prompted, the Omegaverse feud and the legal questions that arose from it.

Your thread title is more clickbaity than the article

14. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    To the uninitiated like me, wolf kink erotica in a headlines comes off as Clickbait. Sure, the actual content matches up, but the title was well written to attract non fandom members to the article as well, thus being click baity.

Basically, is the title incorrect? No. But weasit purposely design to highlight certain features of the story which might not be the defining theme of the conclusion? Yes.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than trying to attract people outside the fandom, I think the purpose of the title was to make people that don't know what Omegaverse is don't go "What the hell is this article talking about?" and instead understand the gist of the article just by reading the title... Which makes plenty of sense to me! >.<

MangoGuy likes this.
  16. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not quite sure what the deep legal question is, can't read the original and had to skim a poor copy on another site.

17. lazyasianscientist

lazyasianscientist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    man i got click baited by the title lol . i swear the first thing i thought about the thread are about those yaoi ads ive been seeing recently cus dang those are total clickbaits when i see those pop up when im reading some novels or just casually playing a game (thats not even bl or anthing) :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

so omegaverse are having a legal court case cus some lady wanna monopolize it? wow shes so low and she even rant it out in public for her stan fans to witch hunt other authors. thats legit toxic :blobdizzy: omegaverse has long been there before she even started writing her fanfic turned novels :blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused:

Anra7777 likes this.