Discussion Marriage

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Effugium, May 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hmz

hmz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. it is a wonderful thing (with good preparations and right spouse)
    2. yes it is necessary to build a good social order, but depends on the person it might cause more harm than good (my views are influenced by religion since i came from a religious family)
    3. yes
    4. no need to be fancy, the one that you can afford but still respectful enough as the guest would be friends of both families
    5. when i sure about what im going to do with my life, i have something to do to provide for my family

otaku31 likes this.
  2. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! Don't point that gun at me! Don't follow your master's footstep!

3. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As the thread creator you should at least share some thoughts. Do you want to get married or is not necessary in your mind to get married to the person you love? @Effugium
    [​IMG]

4. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    marriage and responsibility goes hand in hand.

i don't like more responsibilities added, i want to stay single.

But who knows, there might come a time when i change my notion and get married anyway.

but i will do it only if i can guarantee a happy life for both of us, and enough bling for till my kids college.

Coffea to Ell likes this.
  5. nyamachi

nyamachi [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I'm okay with it
    2. Umm... Necessary in my culture so yes.
    3. Hopefully?? Parents have already started applying pressure ahah
    4. Ideally low key with only close friends and fam but it probably will be a big affair since my bfs fam cares more about face.
    5. When I feel ready :) ideally we'd try living together first to make sure we can get along okay.

otaku31 likes this.
  6. Cherry_sakiera

Cherry_sakiera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marriage is too much commitment, but it's worth it for those who can manage the hectic of marriage life. Well marriage is not necessary for me, whether or not you want to get married it's depends on you and your partner. There's too many things that you're gonna to think about like money, house, family, works or insurance.

Before, I thought that I'll really wants to get married and I must. But now I thought that was just my child-like thinking. I'm only want to be more composed person that owned house,car, work. So I don't wanna get married now. You'll get married whenever it's time. How can you know when, well I think when you start thought about it.

If I'm getting married, of course I want my wedding party is fancy! For how long until proposed, dunno ah. I've been single since I'm born. Hurray for single life !!! When talking about a relationship, makes me thinking about a quote from drama (maybe).
    "Every person's love story is defer to each other"
    So, what I want to say is. In relationship or marriage, you can take a piece of mind from others or learn from what happened surrounding areas. But, never be soo obsessed in one point until forgot everything else. Take a one step at step.

I'm sorry. It's been long time since I'm talking too long. So, unconsciously; I'm make an essay. 乁༼☯‿☯✿༽ㄏ

7. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. it's bothersome
    2. sometimes people are insecure without the proper ownership papers (sadly, said papers don't stop one's partner from cheating, it just makes things messier when they end up splitting).
    3. everything is possible, there are just varying levels of probability; in my case, the probability is very low.
    4. justice of the peace, very low key
    5. cold day in hell or when the time was right, whatever.

it seems I'm pretty cynical about marriage and relationships atm..... :hmm:

8. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 it's good when done right
    2 Yes there are plenty of studys showing marriage is good for people and their children it's only been in the last like 50 years that marriage has gotten a bad reputation and thats honestly because hookup culture and that the government has made it more beneficial to get knocked up and just start collecting money from the gov and the guy the say is the father
    3 i want too don't know that i will though
    4 marriage is life and life is hard i just want someone who will walk that hard life with me and be faithful till the end
    5 low-key just best friends and famliy i actually like
    6 when we feel comfortable enough to share our darkest thoughts and feelings with each other and can accept those things and after we've actually talked about marriage logically with each other and i think its wise to consult with someone uninvolved like for premarital counseling

Also for those thinking that living together before marriage is a good idea trust me its not marriage is something completely different something about it makes it so there are plenty of people that live together for years then they get married thinking that they practically are already and then things change once they put those rings on marriage is more then you think it is i don't know why but it is

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    orematcha and otaku31 like this.
  9. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's your opinion about marriage?
    Heavy responsibility. It’s good for the long term, but not everyone is able to adapt to it.
    Think of it like an adventure and a method of self-discovery to become a better person in a faster pace.

Do you think that marriage is something that's necessary?
    If you dream a fulfilling life, then yes. If you dream a comfortable life, then no.
    Marriage is a double edged sword. If you cant handle the sword, it’ll hurt you more. If you can handle it, it’ll give you a lot advantage in the long run.

Do you think you might get married in the future?
    Personally, depends. I’m not forcing it, but i will actively seek the opportunity.

If you are getting married, what do you want the marriage to be like? Do you think the wedding party need to be fancy, or do you prefer to stay low-key?
    The key part is to make your in laws and wife happy and assured.
    My personal advice is that you should do it according to your social status and financial strength. Do it as far as you could without damaging your business or plans.
    It shows how much you love your spouse.

How long would you wait until you'd propose or say yes to a marriage proposal?
    At least a year after you’re going out or engaged.
    Marriage is a lifetime affair, so you need to be sure not only in feeling, but also compatibility in both personality and thinking. If you often had conflicting ideas, then i suggest to stop.

And you should calculate the cost as well. Especially the kids. Money is often the main reason for postponing marriage.

Snowbun, Fulminata, blues86 and 3 others like this.
  10. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    @Isti Ell
    1. nothing?
    2. I don't think it's necessary. As long as you are happy then it doesn't matter.
    3. For now, i can't see myself getting married
    4. If possible, i don't really want any wedding party.
    5. I'd do it when i am confident that i can take care of the family and sure that i would have a harmonious relationship with that person

11. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. It's a sacred vow
    2. Not if you are able to control your desires and like life alone.
    3. Yes.
    4. Super low-key. Less people the better.
    5. Time doesnt matter. I just need to be comfortable with the knowledge that I have of him. If I feel that I can put up with his faults and he can put up with mine then that's good enough.

otaku31 and Coffea to Ell like this.
  12. daydreaminglamb

daydreaminglamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Why not? I see it as a beginning to make a family, and it shows personal security with the other person (I am not religious so that factor doesn't matter to me)
    2. Not to everyone, some families need that sense of stability and union
    3. Yes, definitely
    4. More low-key since I wanna pay attention to my partner than trying to show off my marriage to others
    5. Until we are ready for a family/financially stable

otaku31 likes this.
  13. Mecaya19

Mecaya19 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¿Cuál es su opinión sobre el matrimonio?
    Overrated
    ¿Crees que el matrimonio es algo necesario?
    --2 no
    ¿Crees que podrías casarte en el futuro?
    Si. Yes. (Just for the party) hahahhaha
    Si te vas a casar, ¿cómo quieres que sea el matrimonio? ¿Crees que la fiesta de bodas debe ser elegante, o prefieres permanecer discreto?
    Elegant medium, maximum 100 people
    ¿Cuánto tiempo esperarías hasta proponer o decir sí a una propuesta de matrimonio?
    No importaThe time does not matter. After having convicted for a while. (It is not the same to spend several hours a day or week as living together)

14. GuguruTranslate

GuguruTranslate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just that I can't watch physical intimacy, even a kiss or woman's nude body, it would give me a terrible headache and nausea, I can't even imagine it, else I would feel nausea too. Really sucks.

15. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    With the right person, it’s heaven.
    With the wrong person, it’s hell.

Necessary for people who are inlove and want to be secured. So don't do it if you're afraid to comit, because afterall marriage is a sacred vow and a life-long commitment.

As for me marrying? I highly doubt that.

Do I care that I will grow up as a single woman? Nope.

16. Loislalion

Loislalion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Marriage is a beautiful thing, until one party cheats.
    2. Marriage is not necessary. Some people will die alone.
    3. I might, if Mr.Right appears.
    4. I want a low key, yet elegant Church wedding. Simple is fine as well. I want my marriage to be a happy one:blobhighfive:
    5. No definite timeline. I've seen people get married after a few months, a year or many years of dating. I'll consult others and my gut feeling before I say yes.

nyamachi and otaku31 like this.
  17. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I won't want to care or be responsible for others as I like to live my life without shackles btw I am 20 and I can't seem to care for other people thoughts and emotions so I like the solo life and the quiet ones but I don't like to be lonely so I might adopt a kid and try to live rising him that might be me in the future but idk maybe yes maybe no and that neglects all other questions

18. Nobody

Nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you getting married, Effy?
    1 - A sacred thing. There's something just different in many aspects from being called a married couple than just girlfriend and boyfriend.
    2 - It is. But many people take marriage lightly so its meaning is being undervalued.
    3 - Yes. I don't want to be alone.
    4 - If we decided to have a wedding it would be grand. It's the culture.
    5 - I dunno. Until he proposes(?). I just can't say no when he does, otherwise, I wouldn't still be dating him if I didn't have marriage in mind. (coming from my real gender *ehem*)

Fulminata likes this.
  19. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    No i am not...

Nobody likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's great, living the rest of your life with someone you love is great~ <3
    The legal institution of marriage is certainly necessary for a variety of legal reasons.

But uhn... If you're asking if marriage is necessary for happiness? Not at all, one can live happily single.
    I hope I will, but I dunno if it will happen.
    The party I'd want something simple. Inviting the people I care for the most and just... Well, staying some time with them and my husband.
    ... Oh, and without the damned loud music. Like, geez, why do people make the music loud enough to the point you can't hear what other people say? That's horrible.

As for the marriage itself... Well, it's mostly a thing of living a comfortable life where we discuss our issues and steadily move forward together while raising our children.
    If I was proposed to, I think I'd answer immediately, I'd probably be aware if I'm willing to marry them or not.

As for waiting until I'm confident in proposing? I dunno, honestly... I'm the kind of person that makes it clear from the very beginning that I don't date casually. If I'm dating someone, I'm aiming for a serious relationship that will hopefully end in marriage, though I won't be pushing the subject of marraige early on, I'll make sure my partner is aware that I do consider them as a possible marriage partner or I wouldn't even be dating them in the first place.

So uhn... If our relationship seems stable and promising, I guess one of us would move to the other's house and see how it goes. If it goes well for a few months, I guess I'd propose.

Fulminata likes this.