Discussion Clickbait..?? Hmm..??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Damsell in Distress, May 25, 2020.

1. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyoo...
    Wanna ask for some opinion..
    Let's say people confide some story to you, it's one of that stories that are too depressing or terrible and might affect you as well, you are the only person he/she choose because they trust you and you know them for a long time, you tried to become a good friend and listener, you try to give some advice or distract him/her but long term exposure start affecting you as well...
    How will you handle this..??

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read manga and novels to escape. Act like it doesn't affect me. Pretend it isn't my proble... oh wait, it actually isn't! :blobcheeky:

Shem, Milanin, Aquaa and 9 others like this.
  3. RayPeest

RayPeest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Post the situation on a anonymous forum and seek help from others.

4. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Talk about it to the person that told you
    2. Talk to a psychiatrist about this if someones problem is really bothering you so much
    3. Nxt time that person tries to tell you anything just tell em to fuck off

5. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    tfw, that said friend happen to read the post and know it's you who post it from the content and tidbit style of words..
    #sweat profusely...

6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >posted it on 4chan, specifically the shithole with diamonds sprinkled in called /b/
    >fake and gay thread archived

7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Return the favor and tell that person your worries and stuff too.
    Don't be someone's emotional dumpster.

asriu, AliceShiki, Milanin and 4 others like this.
  8. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I would put it in a nice way, but I would be honest. Being any other way is a needless hardship for both of you. They know your personality and trust you. It’s only right to return that trust. If this friendship she or he has is worth as much as it is to you. Your bond will only get stronger. Honestly is the best policy.

9. Sakura.nobody

Sakura.nobody Stupid, but cute angel ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    This... this situation reminds me of Death Progress...
    well, the least you can do is remember. You are in no way directly related to their case. No matter if you try to give friendly advice or anything, the most it will do is just give comfort, not resolution. It would be a differently story if you were a part of the equation. Because then, you can probably do something and just end the whole fiasco already and no one gets depression soup. But unfortunately, the most cases like emotion dumpsters, the person is likely a bystander or outsider to the situation. Unless you burst into the situation and become a part of the equation, you can’t do much. Even if you are close. Because you aren’t close enough to the root of the problem. Which doesn’t include you... So in the end! Just keep yourself near that ice cream bowl with Netflix. Love your friends and neighbors! But if the situation doesn’t allow you to get close enough, and the person doesn’t want you that close either, who are you to barge in. Keep yourself safe. If not, then you too will look for someone to confide in and they too will be stuck in the same situation as you.

10. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Handle the situation calmly and start being expressive. Avoid touching the sore part and begin to slowly advice the good ways that would reach to a good conclusion. Handling psychological answers are usually the better ways but i find it far more dangerous if you only focus on textbook basis.

Based on my experiences with people with similar cases, i usually start sharing the same sadness while not reaching to their sadness as to create an unequal yet same wavelength as to connect to one another. I gave the best advices as i could give while learning their behaviors as to not touch the parts they would hate. And concluding them with a practical actions or ways to cheer them up while giving a better solution or agree to to theirs if their opinion is better.

As my brother is better at psychological stuff than me, i tend to learn while also fix the few mistakes he has while handling a mentally unstable person to the best possible way.

Wait, you want me to give a non-serious answer?

Uhh... Let them read anime or manga would help.

11. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    In my case, I divert my attention.

I mean, these are based on my experience everytime they would confine to me about it, and since I have anxiety and panic attack, it's possible that I'd get affected by it. BUT I don't tell them that it affects me so that they wouldn't feel any burden and would only think about their own(and saving themselves), then I'd divert my attention by doing something. Play games, read novels/manga or watch anime. Its effective to me :blobsmilehappy:

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd talk to them and try to help them in whatever way I could... I lost sleep a few times due to trying to help some friends that were going through tough times, and I honestly don't mind being affected by it too much if I can help them.

Like, I dunno, I guess I that I just wish for the best for those that I love, and I don't mind getting affected by their troubles to some extent... There are limits of course, but I dunno what my limit would be.

I usually prioritize myself first and foremost, but when I feel someone I care for needs help, I end up putting their needs on top of my priorities... I dunno for how long I'd be able to do that, but I'd try for as long as I could.

I just feel happy knowing that I helped them in some way I guess. I feel sad if the people near me are sad.