Recommendations Mc leads armies

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Caspi, May 26, 2020.

1. Caspi

Caspi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want some total war!

The story should at least start as the mc is low ranked or something

Rules:
    • Ruthless and opportunistic mc (no goodie two shoes here)
    • The mc should not be over protected by plot armour (Oh he defeated that overly powerful enemy with coincidental item and power of friendship? This is not my little pony)
    • Harem optional (at least a true harem and not a fanclub, you've got a steak on your plate and you won't eat it?)
    • Pacing should not be fast (The mc shouldn't be born a child then be an adult in a span of 3 chapters, what did he ate Mario's mushroom?)
    • Maybe add in that they should use good math? (You got a transaction of 1 million gold coins, of the economy!)

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the Monarch maybe? The MC is a good person, but he isn't a goodie two shoes. Effectively, he cares for his soldiers but at same time understands that sacrifices need to be made.

Though not sure I follow your math comment.

3. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Caspi

Caspi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I should specify it more lmao
    I have read I am the Monarch before but I dropped it, I'm not sure why but I think for the lack of drama. The fact that he saw his previous wife and have done nothing is kinda lonely. It's purely battlefield which is nice but it's a ramyeon with only noodles and boiling water.

5. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Badge in Azure
    War is a big aspect, but not the Focus though.
    Personally, I like his personality and character growth. It makes sense, and fits your criteria

6. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend Praise the Orc! even though the MC is a goody-two-shoes, but it's gone.

7. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hakai no Miko.

Ruthless and opportunistic mc (no goodie two shoes here): He is good but this is the story of his descend into madness (some future quotes and premonitions does not paint a pretty picture about him. His paving the road to hell with good intentions.
    The mc should not be over protected by plot armour On the contrary , he is " blessed" by the Goddess of Death and Destruction that made him unable to harm anyone . The author said "A/N:
    No magic, no skills, no jobs, no status and no harem. No “I’m stroooong.” (T/N: meaning the typical OP MC) Rather, the protagonist is the weakest."

Harem optional: He have a fan club in a way but not harem. The author specifically said it will not be harem.

Pacing should not be fast It is not fast

Maybe add in that they should use good math?
    It is not that he is good at math but the math system of the world is too complicated and slow and he managed to "balance the finance" and speed it up by introducing modern accounting. He managed to tell if a accounting sheet is accurate fast (something decent accountants can do)