Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well all we know so far is that they’re forcing people to sell and free their slaves. That doesn’t really tell us much if anything about the after treatment.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  2. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it is non-monster races only, that that is no where near enough to be a smart move.
    Alda is not trying for equality, if it is harmony faction it is you are free, but still the lowest rung of society and heavily opressed/basically slaves.

Alda needs to go 100% full reconciliation with the other gods, which he will never do since that requires that he treat them as equals with an equal say, and that would mean admitting he had no right to declare Vida insane for acting contrary to his wishes, attacking her and stealing her divinity like he did

3. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also thinks this is a dumb idea. For me, This is more of a plan out of desperation. Alda is so desperate, imagine fighting 6 great gods, a god killer and a race of god level being. And he only have some gods that are not really useful, heinz and some, heroes With buffs (srly they are like fast manufactured Heroes), Rodcorte (we all know how "amazing" he is ) and his believers, majority are humans (they are not really powerful aside from a select few) anti vida elves (they are physically weak) and some dwarves. And if Rodcorte became desperate also he might forcefully reincarnate the bravers but it is still unknown if what are there stance. (Dont forget Rodcorte's angels who plan to betray him/detrone him of his powers)
    Just like @xacual said it totally contradicts with his teachings, with bellwood's.

Its totally impossible for a 100 000 year prejudice of people to disappear. Specially the 100 000 hatred from Vida's races. Ok if by a tiny fraction of chances where to happen that a race where to "believe" these statements of the very same person who persecute them for thousands of years i.e. merpeople (because they are the only race that suffer "less" due to geographic reasons) Alda would be at a disadvantage STILL. For other races, Dark elves are known to hate Alda priests (and correct me if im wrong all dark elves are now chaos elves and theres no way they will betray there ancestor for some empty promises). Titans are very impossible to aline with them because their king is van and Amid empire is the reason of the total distraction of Talosheim 200 years ago.

Any change of sides are impossible Alda is just wasting his time, if I were him I would also include powerful races to tip the power balance. BUT if he want powerful Vida races, recruiting vampires are a no go. All the Pure breeds are with Vida and Majins are so loyally unified that the one time where a majin construct a cou detat it backfired hilariously. I mentioned this two races becuz of their immortality and their job and rank bonuses (if the war with van were to be long). They can also turn the non vida races

Who here are the ones who are desperate to read more of Banda and Meh kun :blobReach:

Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  4. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We just saw the pope saying that only the non-monster-blood vida's race are to be reconciled with and is betting on Heinz guidance and Bellwood presence to somehow be able to unite everyone under them.

Well, it can be considered a smart move from someone who is cornered, however, things aren´t going to be so smooth.

They may be able to calm the slave dealers by buying each of their vida's slaves by the market price and not charge them as criminals whitin this period of change, however Heinz guidance isn´t so great and easy to spread like Van, our little savior here can finish his guidance tour and go to war before Amid gets ready properly.

There are still many flaws in Alda announcement. He did NOT apoligize for what he has done, unjust persecution and genocide of innocents for over 100 thousand years and not a single word of "I was wrong".

Alda recognizing this "harmony" is the same he admiting he was the bad one and will serve as material for opposition, Vidal Empire to attack him ideologically. "After 100 K years you are recognizing half of vida races... Will we have to wait another 100 K years for you to recognize the monsters ones too? In the end what you did was CLEARLY WRONG and you don't want to admit it while only Vida, the victim, gets punishiment."

" Lets face the facts, you endangered the world 100 K years ago, had the evil god of Sinfull Chains fought Bellwood after the war with Vida you'd lost your champion and likely many others too... There may not be any energy left to manage the atribute and the world would have be destroyed".

"This and all the injustices Alda has committed cannot be forgoten, All 6 Great Gods believe and are firm that Alda was the worst and have to be punished too, heck, even the God of Earth who greatly aided this world and Pharmaun Gold thinks so too."

"Also, Heinz as the figurehead of Harmony? Heinz the Holy Mother Killer, Enemy of Vida? He too is another hypocrite and as a sinner he and Deliza have to face the consequences for their acts."

Well~~ This can get bigger. Anyway, even if Heinz try to reveal to everyone "Vandalieu ate Guduranis Soul. He who is not a god cannot handle the soul fragments of guduranis and will lead to GUDURANIS FULL RESSURECTION".

~I mild Incarnation of Vida, Darcia, has appeared~

"My son can't handle the soul fragments cause he is not a god? 'show van's Demigod skill and God of Origin skill', Soo... what were you saying just now, Holy Mother Killer whose friend Edgar was a host of Demon King Soul fragment which led to Guduranis ressurection in Orbaum right below yours and Alda's noise?"

Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  5. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like, if, by some miracle, Amid manages to draft Vida's races into the army. We will just have a repeat of the same events Noble Orcs Empire.

6. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For Arda, that must be a couple of days normally, although Vandeliu's presence would have made him feel like a month, although it is a good detail that you will notice, the Chekhov's pistol fired after about 300 chapters.
    I knew that she was too normal, although her power seems impressive, I wonder if I could use it to attack or if I could use it without the need of the moon
    it all depends, if the races do not know about the tyranny storm, which is very likely, they can get angry with both sides, but for that we have our saint capable of avoiding any conflict only with her presence

My prediction was technically fulfilled, a chapter has passed and Bakunawa has already eaten all the relatives

hillo315 likes this.
  7. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The Death of an [Empire] and the Birth of a [Holy Kingdom]"

The people of Amid are unsurprisingly confused and anxious over what the hell it means to be ruled over by a god. Alda's been very hands off for the past 100,000 years, and under Marshkuzarl's rule and policies the people of Amid have been relatively well off. Salazar the new Emperor of course was a puppet from the start who didn't have the power to make any changes to that status quo himself, so they've more or less been untouched since Marshy getting forced into his early retirement. Eileek Marme, the teenage pope, (I keep thinking this every time he shows up, but my does Eileek sound like the protagonist of a different isekai / general fantasy story just waiting to be written. Guess that puts him very much in line with Heinz and Amemiya. :hmm:) then attempts to pacify everyone using his own charisma and speech, telling everyone that good people won't have their lives changed in any way. The nation's name will just change from the [Amid Empire] to the [Amid Holy Kingdom]. If any suffer hardships during this time, remember that this is a trial from the gods, and the temple of Alda will be there to help you!

Pay no attention to the two regime changes in quick succession. Pay no attention to the fact it was Bellwood, Pharmaun and Nineroads who founded this kingdom originally, not Alda. Pay no attention to the fact all the damn Alda-allied nobles, temples, knights, guards, slavers using slave armies, and allied nations haven't been able to stop the [Storm of Tyranny] alone from targeting them all over the empire and this just painted an even bigger target on the nation's entire back. Pay no attention to the potential crackdowns on currently allowed practices the Alda temple frowns on now that everyone's living in a religious state. Pay no attention to the upcoming forced conscriptions and austerity measures to wage a total war against the other 2/3rds of the continent and more or less the entire rest of the world. :blobwhistle: ...So yeah, the general populace were again pretty happy with the status quo, and they have very real concerns already about changes to that status quo... which are only going to get worse once Alda declares war on Vidal.

Continuing the bombshells, Eileek announces that in coming in line with the "correct" version of Alda's laws, non-Rank / non-alien mana holding Vida races like Titans, Dark Elves, Mermaids and so on will now be recognized as people just like humans, elves and dwarves, and that Alda Harmony is the new doctrine of the newly established Holy Empire... also if you wanted a perfect illustration of the underlying problem with Alda Harmony from the start, here we go. We've watched Van for over a hundred chapters now push people towards acceptance of Vida races and even goddamn demons through a multi-pronged approach. Economic incentives like gobu-gobu recipes, v-cream, Vida races running stores with unique goods and services (harpy air mail), and offering people jobs with better working conditions, pay, and other benefits. Social incentives like Vida races showing off unique forms of entertainment like idol concerts. Humanitarian incentives like rebuilding of slums and creating other shelters, Vida races serving as aid workers providing food and protection against monsters and criminals. Along with the top down political / law changes by working with the leaders of respective nations / states and punitive measures to prevent violence against Vida races. Heinz and Alda Harmony were always working towards changing the law, the stick. But they never had any of these carrots. People have no incentive to obey their changes on their own, making the whole process more complicated.:facepalm:

On the bright side this will still mean the potential emancipation of large numbers of slaves in Amid (over half the slaves in Amid are from new Vida races. I'm personally guessing another large portion is beast people, with humans and the like making up the smallest portion and only for major crimes or extreme debt purposes). So again, I will give you that Heinz and Alda. We'll see how many don't immediately attempt to escape to Orbaume or Vidal. :hmm:

But enough about that, let's have the moon suddenly grow brighter and brighter, bigger and bigger, till it's a totally visible full moon in the bright blue, very much not night sky... and then cracks open to show a giant shining eyeball looking down on the Amid capital! Heinz quickly realizes it must be Van or a god allied with him... and proceeds to summon Bellwood and try and cut it. :blobconfused: The eyeball proceeds to shatter like glass, returning the faintly visible small moon to the afternoon sky. Heinz notes he didn't feel any resistance while cutting it, and wonders if whoever just did that simply retreated. :hmm: Anyway, this turns out to be good publicity for Heinz in Amid, much like when Darcia summoned Vida in Orbaume, so congrats Heinz... you're a hero for poking a little girl in the eye. :blobexpressionless:

------

Yes that's right, meanwhile on the Dark Continent, Aradia shouts in surprise and falls back onto her butt. Deanna asks if she's alright, did she step on lava? Did a monster bite you? :blobscream: Aradia, explains no, she just wanted to know what her father's enemy was like, but when she tried to "watch" him, he noticed her "watching". Aradia is also rubbing her third eye, making Deanna, Tiamat and Bakunawa all start fussing over her, but ultimately to a demigod like Aradia, Heinz's attack apparently just amounts to a kid getting a bug bite or falling down and scraping their knee. :blobsweat: Oh wait, no, Aradia explains that it didn't even hurt, it was just really bright. So I take it back Heinz, you're not a hero for poking a little girl in the eye. You're a hero for flashing a flashlight in a little girl's eye. :blobjoy:

Anyway, so yes, Aradia's third eye is a mystic eye like Elenora's or Darcia's. It doesn't seem to grant clairvoyance, but it clearly allows her to use the moon as a medium to gaze upon events even half a world away. Unfortunately, since it is vision based, light-attribute abilities like Heinz's [Flash] sword skills can obstruct it easily. Regardless though, Deanna is very proud of Aradia being able to start using her abilities before she's even a year old. Though also no need to rush, you can take a millennium or two. As long as you're happy and healthy. :blob_patpat: Tiamat notes Deanna is really being overly protective though, and she should just let Aradia do things her way. Shouldn't you know this after watching me raise all my thousands upon thousands of kids of all sorts of different races over the years? Deanna just laughs and notes just because she's been with Tiamat during the raising of all sorts of her kids doesn't mean Deanna's going to raise her own daughter the same way. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Oh, also Van is able to get an update on all of this, despite Aradia eating one of her demon king avatars and losing the other Van gave to her as a toy... because Bakunawa was keeping an "emergency ration papa" (actually an emergency walkie-talkie demon king avatar) of his own. :sweating_profusely:

------

Cutting back one last time to Amid, the liberation of slaves is actually going better than expected. Things got rolling right after Guduranis's defeat, so they're not starting from scratch. Most of the highly criminal slave dealers and owners have also already been killed by Schneider and company. And for the moment anyway Amid has plenty of money to buy out the slaves at fair market price. (thanks Marshy) Salazar meanwhile has been given a cardinal rank in the new Amid Holy Kingdom, meaning he might actually have more power now than he did as a puppet emperor? Though he's still totally going to be sacrificed the second the Alda church need a scapegoat for public outrage, so it's not really that much. :blobfearful: Like Marshy, he's also pretty sure the country's going to collapse at some point. The only question for him is is it going to be before or after he's executed? I mean Alda's given up completely on Orbaume, so it's going to be Amid and the Fazon Duchy vs the other 2/3rds of the continent (and the dark continent and Garland on the demon king continent) instead of the originally planned Vidal vs 2/3rds of the continent. There's no way this is going to go well. :blobneutral:

Heinz meanwhile has actually apparently learned something from Bellwood, and is not happy about the fact he just got the support of the masses by cutting a big eye moon rather than actually talking with people and coming to a real understanding. That having been said, YOU STILL DID THE FORMER HEINZ! :blobconfused: Eileek is still thankful that things turned out the way it did and Heinz is now firmly established as the hero of the Amid Holy Kingdom. Though Salazar, who figures he's going to enjoy himself before he dies and the entire country is destroyed, tells Eileek the one he should probably be actually thankful to right now is Vandalieu, rather than the hero who has defeated literally nothing. :blobpopcorn_cool: Heinz similarly tries to make it clear that he is what most people would consider a traitor who defected from Mirg to become an S-class adventurer in Orbaume. Eileek doesn't care though. Heinz is a hero of Amid by God's will. And for Eileek, it is not the country, or the people that is important. No, carrying out God's will is all that matters. :blobsleepless: (again, even Van does not let Nazua be involved in Vidal's actual government affairs)

Next chapter's on May 31st.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Korleone, Cat1110, Bla8bla and 10 others like this.
  8. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Words from Vida

“Why did things turn out this way? Why has Alda continued to do such harsh, cruel things?

The Demon King no longer exists, and the gods that were part of his army betrayed him and became our allies. They were doing their best to make up for what they did. So why do you still hate them? The one who tore their chance to atone into pieces is you. The one who teaches that criminals should atone for their wrongdoings, and that they are no longer criminals once they have finished atoning, is you.

Why do you hate the knowledge and technology from Earth so much? It's thanks to none other than the champions we summoned from that world, Earth, that we even still exist.

Why do you criticize my endeavors so much? The one who couldn’t trust Rodcorte, the one who doubted him, is you.

Why do you try to destroy my children? Why haven’t you noticed that the truly evil gods have taken advantage of that and built a nest inside your pocket?

At this rate, everyone will become exhausted and only destruction will await us, so why?

I don’t understand, I don’t understand, I don’t understand.”

Excerpt From
    Death mage Volume 3: The March of the Eclipse King's Army Side Chapter 5 Vida
    Densuke
    This material may be protected by copyright.

Alda's initial plan all back fired and because of him things might became worst than what happened more than a hundred years ago. His problem is his inability to forgive and forget, he still under the fear of inexistence personally i think he dont care about anyone but himself. Him being the only great god might have made him drunk. So he did that even if cross all his beliefs.

Korleone, Bla8bla, Mesaphrom and 2 others like this.
  9. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there something wrong with Eileek ? Especially with the last part in how he replied to both of them.

10. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Rod force Braver to fight, Godalieu will kick his ass first:blobhero:

11. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His family are a bunch of Alda extremists (to the point his grandfather was on the top of Schneider's "people I want to beat to death" list and Mashy's "people I'm going to use when I need a scapegoat" list), he was the unloved child of a mistress, and Alda gave him the attention and agency even his own family never gave him. His position is thus understandable. It was Alda, not Amid, not the nobles, and not the commoners, who was there for him.

That having been said he's probably the closest thing Amid has to a Vandalieu in terms of personality (I like to think given his age Amamiya could have actually been Eileek instead of Vandalieu if Vida hadn't stepped in, and Eileek would have lived a life of nothing but loneliness before dying young, rather than being chosen by Alda to be the Pope of the Amid Empire) and he has Alda instead of Darcia as his moral compass, so... yeaaahhh. :blobconfused: I would be fascinated to see Eileek's status sheet, and whether or not it's got a rank 10 or so [Mental Corruption] on it. :blobpopcorn:

hidefreek, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  12. SolMori

SolMori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Heinz is lucky that he is already on the top spot of Van's "Souls I'm Going To Destroy List", because poking his daughter's eye definitely would put him on Van's list.

Freeing the non-monster race slaves is pointless considering Alda isn't going to do anything about the hatred he has caused for 100,000 years. He wouldn't even attempt it because we, the readers, already know he would have them all killed to the last to eliminate Vida's reincarnation system. Trying to conscript them to fight Van would only backfire. Conscripts aren't great soldiers to begin with, being forced to fight against their will and all. They're not going to be particularly powerful fighters to begin with and would be no use against the Vidal Empire even if they were willing.

Puppet Emperor shows that he isn't stupid enough to think that they can win, so at least he has that going for himself.

13. Megangale

Megangale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since they have idol shows which will probably have men singing and bands coming soon they should have a circus later as part of entertainment. Who agrees?

hillo315 likes this.
  14. Truciderete

Truciderete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thinking about Eileek being the equivalent of Van makes me wonder how screwed this world would have been if Vida didn't step in. Remember the reason Van is the way he is now is because Darcia showered Van in love. This being the first time Van feeling parental love or even any kind of love at that made him change his mind on pure revenge against the others. So lets say Van didn't become Van and became Eileek instead he would have never received that love so he would still be a large mana ball of Malice. They also showed that Van was not dumb as an infant and knew how to bide his time. So Eileek Van would have grown stronger and stronger while biding his time until the right moment to seek his revenge. Seeing how Eileek was raised and being surrounded by the spirits in the city there is a good chance that Eileek Van wouldn't have just sought vengeance on just the other reincarnators and Rod but on the whole world.

We also can't forget that the only reason humans paid attention to Van in this world is because he was a Dhampir, Vida's faction because he was Vida's adopted son, Alda's faction because he did damage to the ice god, and Rod because he destroyed a soul disrupting his god realm. So who knows how long an Eileek Van, which would be human, would have gone before destroying his first soul. Most likely the first soul Eileek Van destroys would be a reincarntor. By the time Eileek Van kills a reincarntor, Eileek Van would have had enough power to take on anyone in this world. We also know that Rod views anything outside his divinity as useless so would he even remember the reincarnated soul he cursed and the malice he showed? The answer no he wouldn't. When Van destroyed his first soul, Rod was shocked that Van was still alive meaning he already forgot Van existed. That means until Eileek Van destroys his first soul, all the reincarnators would go thorough normal reincarnation and wouldn't have the cheat abilities of resistance to death magic and the ability to track Eileek Van. Sure Eileek Van wouldnt have the empire Van has but there would also be nothing preventing Eileek Van from developing his death magic into the more sinister version of his death magic.

To sum up the world would be screwed if Eileek Van existed and when Death Mage ends I would love to see a short series of Eileek Van and how better the world was because Vida step in and Van received love.

15. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is impossible. Even if Alda removes his stakes to undo Rodcorte Pincushion Mode there isn't any braver dead soul in Rod's divine realm other than Dar loong and his fighting ability was slightly above average between the braves at best

Van already was guided one third or more of the remaining bravers in Origin and since all of them who are left there are the good ones with Rodcorte's backfired Good Fortune (unless they fight between themselves they will not die) + Van support they definily won't die.

Rod can't do anything to forcibly bring them to his divine realm. It might be even be pssible for Rod angels to set up things for any new brave soul coming to appear at their workplace, away from Alda angel watching, talk things to their comrade and let him incarnate in adult body close to Van (after Zuruwarn explain explain the circusntances on the other side).

Regarding the people Van wants to destroy/eat Heinz and Alda were competing for the 1# place. Now that Heinz kinda indirectly poked Aladia eye he manage to get the 1# place for now. Alda is 2#.

Bla8bla, emersy and hillo315 like this.
  16. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Called it, she has eye powers. Seeing anywhere you can see the moon... sounds like a variation of Abyss with a lunar bent. Great for scrying, but not very stealthy.

Also, how did she find Heinz in the first place?

So it's like the Holy Roman Empire... which was neither holy nor Roman.

Suspicious af. Like, this is rapidly approaching 1984 levels of bullshit.

I'm not satisfied with this reform or the way it was implemented... but at least it's ostensibly a step in the right direction?

May or may not have taken inspiration from Infinite Tsukuyomi, lol.

Eh, Heinz did no real harm this time. Besides, he had no idea what the menacing eye was doing, and waiting to find out would have been unwise. For all he knew, it was about to start shooting lasers or something.

17. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who thinks that Hey, Leek! (shut up thats his name now) must have the advanced [Zealotry] skill that priest old man had in vol 1?

Also, how dare you flash the daughteru eye, Heinz!? You fucking monster!

And I think I know were Alda's plan is going:

Aradia, mah gurl, did you say eyes and moon?

Cat1110, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  18. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very, but not from him. The DK army remnants were slowly winning.

Vida made changes that made it easier for Van to acquire jobs, and I think lessened the other curses as well, without that and reincarnated as a unwanted noble, he would have not been able to gain experience (no real lackies to watch, since no undead to fight for him), and as such not gain any jobs.
    Vida was able to see his future if left alone when she grabbed his soul, and it was dark, full of suffering and lead to suicide.

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  19. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aand if they are not consciences, and if the Robcorte system chose Eileek's life as the life that most agreed with Robcorte's desire at the time, that it was a terrible life that forced him to take his life (it would be a laugh that the Robcorte's technicality has screwed up his whole plan), the ages also agree,

well if before Van wanted to kill Heinz, if he said that technically speaking he harassed his daughter, then I fear for his fate. horrible thought, and if Aradia challenges herself to spy on Heinz and the worst happens and she ends up developing "feelings" for him, how would Van react?
    This reform is supposed to have started about 10 years ago in the novel and more than 3 in real life, and I can promise you that Arda's intentions with this are anything but good.
    So all the important people have their list of here to kill, I imagine that Randolf's is headed by himself from the past

hillo315 likes this.
  20. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Van would definitely kill Heinz. He would take the Top 0 spot of the Killer Papa and feed him to Bakunawa. :blobowoevil_horns: