Japanese The Former Structural Researchers Story of Otherworldly Adventure

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Anontemp, Oct 14, 2018.

?

Would you check this story out if it gets translated?

1. Hell yea, nerdy young girl with rich parents goes on adventures in a fantasy land, bonzai!

42 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. No. Magic, nerdy stuff, adventure, young girls and otherworld reincarnation are the bane of mankind.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wait a sec, have to get my hands out of my pants after seeing this beautiful post and edit.

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. I think it is too early to give a response on that.

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Anontemp

Anontemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Former Structural Researchers Story of Otherworldly Adventure (元構造解析研究者の異世界冒険譚)
    Raw Link: https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/796204640/338076973
    NU Link: (Not available)
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: As of me writing this(09/05/2019), this story is the all-time top 21 of the novels on alphapolis' point system, has regular updates (currently 1 chapter per week) and 322 stocked chapters. I like the artwork it has and the description adheres to my preferences, so i wish to read it.
    Description:
    主人公は持水薫、女30歳、独身。趣味はあらゆる物質の立体構造を調べ眺めること、構造解析研究者であったが、地震で後輩を庇い命を落とす。魂となった彼女は女神と出会い、話をした結果、後輩を助けたこともあってスキル2つを持ってすぐに転生することになった。転生先は、地球からはるか遠く離れた惑星ガーランド、エルディア王国のある貴族の娘であった。前世の記憶を持ったまま、持水薫改めシャーロット・エルバランは誕生した。転生の際に選んだスキルは『構造解析』と『構造編集』。2つのスキルと持ち前の知能の高さを生かし、順調な異世界生活を送っていたが、とある女の子と出会った事で、人生が激変することになる。

果たして、シャーロットは新たな人生を生き抜くことが出来るのだろうか?

…………………

7歳序盤まではほのぼのとした話が続きますが、7歳中盤から未開の地へ転移されます。転移以降、物語はスローペースで進んでいきます。読者によっては、早くこの先を知りたいのに、話が進まないよと思う方もおられるかもしれません。のんびりした気持ちで読んで頂けると嬉しいです。

…………………

主人公シャーロットは、チートスキルを持っていますが、最弱スタートです。
    Translated Description (edited by me)
    The main character is Kaoru Himizu, she's single, female and 30 years old.
    A hobby of hers is to examine and research the three-dimensional structure of every substance.
    After becoming a soul she meets the goddess. Talking with the goddess, her junior's helped and Kaoru decides to immediately reincarnate with 2 skills. On Garland, a planet far away from Earth, she reincarnates in the kingdom of Elda as the daughter of a nobleman. With memories of her previous life, Kaoru Himizu is reborn as Charlotte Elbarin. "Structural analysis" and "structure editing" are the skills she chose for her reincarnation.
    Taking advantage of the two skills and her high level of intelligence, she had received a smooth otherworldly life, but when she met that certain girl, her life would change dramatically.

Can Charlotte survive in her new life?

Until the beginning of her seventh year it remains a heartwarming story, but then the story begins delving into the unknown world. After the transition, the story will progress at a slower pace. Depending on the reader, you might want to know about what happens as soon as possible, but the spoilers end here. I would be glad if you could read with a relaxed feeling.

The main character Charlotte has cheat skills, but she has the weakest of beginnings.

Additional information:
    There are 52 'rental' chapters in this story, each costing 35 AC (0.32$) to rent, for a total of 1820 AC (16.56$).
    Specifically it is chapters 4 through 16 from each of the first 4 volumes that are 'renting chapters'.
    Book 1: chapters 4 through 16
    Book 2: chapters 4 through 16
    Book 3: chapters 4 through 16
    Book 4: chapters 4 through 16
    AC is a syosetsu currency, that according to what I have seen is equivalent to yen.
    The remainder of chapters are free, including the first 3 of each of the 4 books.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. Anontemp

Anontemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did some major edits and added some info to this pick-up request since my initial post, so I am just bumping it with a message to give it some more attention.
    Btw this is the artwork.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Xi-hime likes this.
  3. Anontemp

Anontemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Anontemp

Anontemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. leprosus

leprosus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xi-hime and bclau18 like this.
  6. mystichead

mystichead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as theres smart geeky nerdy shit going on.. im looking forward to it... so bump?
    freakin Log Horizon and Maouyuu and Spice Wolf had me completely addicted to this type of shit

7. Anontemp

Anontemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A wild bump appeared! What will you do?

Fight <
    Items
    Support
    Run

8. Ultrabenosaurus

Ultrabenosaurus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just sent a link to the first translated chapter of the manga and it seems quite good, but I am now dangling over the edge of a cliff with only a single finger holding me up. Imagine my surprise* when I Google the title so I can binge the WN / LN on Novel Updates only to find out it hasn't ever been picked up by anyone!

*surprise === despair

Xi-hime likes this.
  9. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a manga now

10. juanexbi

juanexbi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoilers concerning the saint isabelle?
    personally i think mc is the real saint since the spirit thought it was strange that mc is not a saint, and(own opinion) since previous saints were able to see spirits like mc which is really rare, i think it has something to do with the ring Isabelle gave to mc before the blessing

11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently (unless I heard wrong) she
    Has a "barter" ability and used that to swipe the title from MC (but not the abilities), and has used it to slide her issues onto others without them knowing in the past (like giving someone else her illness)

12. adz143

adz143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From your reply, it seems she’s bad... will you please tell me if she ever receive her comeuppance???

Xi-hime likes this.
  13. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump

14. Notatumor

Notatumor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sort of, everything is revealed but she sends the mc to another continent and escapes bofore she can be punished.

geckin likes this.
  15. adz143

adz143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to ask please for some spoilers if that fake saintess Isabel was caught...How was she caught and was she punished...?

16. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't this have a manga?

17. NomAsh

NomAsh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it does, but I think translations for it kinda fell off