Discussion Re-editing of History number 1 founder

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dolfitos, May 29, 2020.

1. Dolfitos

Dolfitos 『Kingsize』 『Jason of N.U.F』

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this allowed?

3. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it will be good while it lasts.

Thx

4. Dolfitos

Reading List:
    Link
    What is?

5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Posting Edited chapters of somebody else's translations?

I'm not talking about good or bad. God knows some translations need severe editing. I'm talking about under NU Forum Rules and futhermore ScribbleHub rules.

I don't personally know.

6. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Plagiarism. Citations won't budge web novel. Maybe you should clarify with the translator directly first.

But meh..if you don't care then f9, at most mods there would deem it aggregator work and take it down.

7. Dolfitos

Reading List:
    Link
    Well NU forums and scribble hub seems to be 2 separate things as they are separate accounts, as for the rules in scribble it seems fine to post chapters of already defunct translation sites, but honestly I don't really know, that being said if they ask me to take it down I simply will:blobflag:

Viola likes this.
  8. Dolfitos

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't plagiarise anything, I never claimed to be the author of the novel neither it's translator nor it's only editor, if web novel has a problem with it I will simply take it down or maybe even offer to edit the chapters for free and give it to them, my point here is not to make any sort of money, but to read a... well... Well edited translation

Edit: also the first thing you will see In the synopsis is the name of the author

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Viola likes this.
  9. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes..most of the times being a hero might tick some people in wrong way. And that will not only include the web novel site but the translator who has his/her own voice.

They probably would take you in, with a contract that will make you work on several other works. ...that is if they find your work that good. But personally I think you are wasting time, rather help ones that are actually asking for editors. They would respect that.

10. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    @runsing please clarify if this is cool. OP probably just wants to help, but from the pov of SH, is this cool?

Viola likes this.
  11. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    while i can't (concretely) answer for SH, i do think it should be fine. you'll have to confirm this with tony.

**for NU, on the other hand,
    • if the original chapter is still alive, then it will not be accepted/listed.
    • if the original chapter is dead, it will only be accepted if you are continuing the translation. however, it will not be accepted as 'new' chapters, but instead, original links will be replaced with the new one, while keeping the original group name intact.
      - if the translations is completed and you are not re-translating from scratch any of the chapter but only improving them, the rehosted chapter will not be accepted

**these are what NU generally operates under, not necessarily final. some exceptions might be made depending on circumstances. for everything on NU, the lizard overlord will have final say.

12. Dolfitos

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading those responses I've decided to try and do this thing differently, I've send webnovel an email asking if I could become the official and editor for this novel in their site. Meanwhile I will still re edit the chapters, but I will not release them beyond the 5 chapters already published.

When I receive their answer and have a more concrete outlook on how this is going to work out, I will do an update on this thread.

Viola likes this.