Discussion The usefullness of patron

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Loonys, May 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonys

Loonys Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you go on a patron for a novel, you will have some chapter sooner, but while you have read it, you will have to wait as long as everyone with just a chapter ahead eternally

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeh.

The purpose isn't really to read ahead as much as it is to support the tler. You're only ahead by x chapters from the normies. You'll still have to wait about the same amount of time to get to the end of the novel.

3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    There can be other benefits than just the extra chapters. You can also contribute to more frequent releases depending on the translator. It is also nice to just sponsor your favorite work / group.

You can read the novel just fine without using patreon, but patreon is not really used as a paywall amongst TLers.

4. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    And this method perform a legal defense for fan translator as they are no tecnically profitting from an unlicensed work as they are not paywalling content, but simply giving a behind the scene look to "unedited" unreleased chapters to patrons

5. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    patron is supposed to be a way to support "content creators", the benefits given are just an "extra" from those creators to the contributors.....so yeah, there isn't anything different from reading ahead specialy when it's come to "fan" translation...if you were expecting that from patron, then you must have mistaken the use of patron.

6. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A way for the wait is wait until the novel is fully translated on patreon pay for the chapters Reagan’s unsubscribe again.

7. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the translators I support on Patreon buys the licenses to translate novels in English. I'm currently supporting another translator who mostly translates works from mtlnovel. It sometimes irked me that this said translator divide the chapters into several sections, so he/she can up the tier.

8. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I more often than not forget about the perks when I support tranlastors in patreon. So it doesn't really matter to me.

9. Random202

Random202 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Historically it's been more about supporting the content creators, and the perks are just that — perks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.