Discussion Username and Avatar

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mrgameandwatch77, Nov 11, 2015.

?

What made you choose your username?

1. Had the same one for other accounts already

52.9%
  2. Felt like trying something new

12.9%
  3. Was too lazy to think up something better

21.8%
  4. Just mixed several usernames

3.3%
  5. I want to change my username if possible

5.4%
  6. "Rage option" - Pie

3.6%
  1. Darkness04

Darkness04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love my username. It's something that came to my at an instant when I decided to open an account here. It radiates a dark, evil and deadly vibe:cookie:

2. ImLockingFor

ImLockingFor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So well Im just posting this cause I want to post a treaht

3. PainedSouL

PainedSouL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah....my username was because when I created this account, I was having an argument with a friend and their words hurt like hell.....so you know the pain......the soul and thats how PainedSoul came about:blobsweat:. As for the Avatar, it's one of my favourite otps - beefleaf:aww:

Yui1083 likes this.
  4. Crystal Dolphin

Crystal Dolphin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I was used to use an acronym of my name but it was too obvious so I started to use things that are easy to remember and not sound too awful. I usually keep putting the first letter of my middle and last name (rl) I Don't think that anyone will guess correctly anyway

5. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Film producer William Fox (my avatar) would be ashamed at what Rupert Murdoch and Disney did to his movie empire!

6. Fireasce

Fireasce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My username inspired from ace in One Piece manga~

7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Greek myth was the first mythology I was introduced outside of my own gods.

And Zeus was something I've admired all the time. So I took his pic. And the name, omega because it represents omnipotence.

8. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to do a different email from the one I use, gmail one, mainly to create a playlist on YouTube. That day I was in a mood for some specific music genre I’m not usually interested in. Meloman/iac is a person who likes music, as far as dictionary told me. So after I created that email I use it for various things like NU, just to sign up to this forum and such. Technically I’ve never checked that email for actual correspondence and I am unsure how many junk emails I have in that inbox. Hence my username on NU is just a shorter version of my music email address

9. Yui1083

Yui1083 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually already had an account on NU, but just because we can't change usernames on our own, I made a new account :blob_teary::blob_pout::blobsob:
    All because I wanted my discord+translation site's+forum's username to be same...*sobs*
    Ah, Yui from Angel Beats btw~

10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    You could have asked on the profile of @Tony . First change requires no nuffies

Yui1083 likes this.
  11. Yui1083

Yui1083 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually did, but back then, I was a newbie, so I had no idea where in hell I actually messaged tony...i seemed to have accidentally made a post or something :blobcry::blob_teary: so I just deleted it and moved on XD

12. daydreaminglamb

daydreaminglamb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use this handle for most of my social media, but the origin is from when I was making an instagram at 2 am and my mom smashing "daydreamer" and "lamb" together XD
    The avatar is just Ao from Akasuki no Yona, who is one of my fav sidekicks (and my friends compare me to him a lot)

13. FluffyCAT

FluffyCAT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl:First username: MeAndBLNovels is based on what I like. No suspense, its just whats pop up when im choosing Id and boom after a week or 2 change it to current since I felt embarrased just then :facepalm:.
    FluffyCAT is from my cutesy cat at home.. He's soooooo fluffy I cuddled him everyday (Note to self: too much cuddles is self-harm. Cats get feisty :blobcat_hyper:)

14. Au Courant

Au Courant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually try to choose something that reflects my thoughts and mood at that time. Oftentimes it comes out dumb, but I don't regret it. I feel like Choosing your username and profile picture is a sort of art as it is a form of self-expression.

15. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud 蝶のようにここまで

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I love the fruit pomelo and the color as well! And I love fluffy things aya~ mashed them up together and that's that. As for the avatar, it's the same :')

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  16. FalseNutrition

FalseNutrition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's always different for me because I guess I like to make myself struggle whenever I forget my username and passwords. I don't write them down either so I'm shooting my own foot here. :'] Whatever comes into my mind while I'm creating a username will be my username. You can pretty much guess what I thought with my username here. :whistle:

I gave up uploading avatar because I'm indecisive in that department. I am lazy but I always want to change my avatar depending on what I like on certain days, which is exhausting. If NU decides to change their default avatar for new users, I already saved a picture just so I can keep the old version. lmao

17. Achievemint

Achievemint Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted for the third option and was surprised that most of the votes went to the first one. I could not do that or else someone will know me in real life that it was me right off the bat! I rather be incognito because I feel more liberated that way. Yes, I know! Your online activities is not totally unknown. Going back to the title topic, I was being lame and lazy when I thought of my username. I am also hoping some people would catch my drift. I'm waiting for them to use phrases that relate to my username. haha I was also just trying to use the analogy of Novelupdate's new user avatar. That is all!

18. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to go by another username ages ago (you can actually still see me use it on some sites, i.e. MU, since I've been there for over a decade). During that time, I was really active on a certain petsite (not neo), and I made a lot of friends there, who I eventually told my real first name to (Emily, as common as dirt), and one of them, I don't even remember who now, nicknamed me "Emiliers". I liked it enough that I remembered it when I was registering a new account somewhere sometime later, and I've used it ever since.

My icon is way less interesting. I do like Yurucamp, but the reason I chose it was that I had just gotten a new computer and hadn't bothered transferring most of my files over from my old one. The only icon-worthy images I had were of Yurucamp, since I just watched it and took some screenshots for gif'ing purposes, so that's what I ended up using. (Nadeshiko is best girl though.)

19. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I picked the name mato from korean group who has their own group rabbit toy called matoki. Since around 2012 i have been using matomato for my AO3 page and now almost all accounts are using some sort of matomato (just different spelling)

20. PaperPrincessAi

PaperPrincessAi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a japanese bassist on youtube I really admired, and I wanted to draw more, so I picked it hoping it'd be catchy enough to maybe start an online career?? unfortunately I'm not good at drawing and was afraid to post haha ;;