Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people on discord says the map is 90% complete (because the map is made in february) but some position is still wrong like OG kingdom must be close to the sea, and Vampire dugeon must be very close to the sea because when Gris accidentally call Maxong, its just take few minute in the novel

2. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    I analysed System Messages when Rune of Gluttony was created and the Description of Rune of Darkness so this is what I got. (I also added this on wiki as an unofficial description.)

System Messages
    [The sacred flame circulating from the Red Phoenix’s 9th Heart has succeeded in capturing and purifying the Rune of Darkness.]

[The circulating fire of willpower from Duke of Fire has responded to the sacred flames and have dominated the Rune of Darkness.]

[The Rune of Darkness, which has harmed you even after becoming a part of you, is completely submissive to you.]

[The ‘demonic power increase’ penalty that occurred when Rune of Darkness is used will be deleted.]

[The powers attached to the Rune of Darkness will demand the fire of willpower in the future. This will change the name, effect, and direction of some of the skills.]

[Once the Rune of Darkness is opened, the dark attribute damage that was added to general attacks and skill attacks will be changed to the heart attribute damage.]

[The unique passive effect of Rune of Darkness is enhanced. In the future, you will absorb the unique characteristics of the target, even if you kill angels, half-gods, and gods, as well as named great demons, demons, and demonic creatures.]

[The name of the Rune of Darkness has changed to the Rune of Gluttony.]

Description of the Rune of Darkness
    [Rune of Darkness]

Bound Item

It is permanently preserved in your inventory. Trading, dropping, or destroying it is impossible.

-Usage Effect: Demonic power state will rise in exchange for its use.

* Normal attacks and skill attacks will deal an addition 20% dark damage.

Unique Lasting Effect: When dealing with named demonkin and demons, you can absorb unique attributes.

Made up description of the Rune of Gluttony
    [Rune of Gluttony]

Bound Item

It is permanently preserved in your inventory. Trading, dropping, or destroying it is impossible.

-Usage Effect: Needs fire of willpower for its activation.

* Normal attacks and skill attacks will deal an additional 20% heart damage.

Unique Lasting Effect: When dealing with angels, half-gods, gods, named great demons, demons, and demonic creatures, you can absorb unique attributes.

Note:- In system messages it is said that it only alters the skills which are of dark attribute. So the skills which aren't of dark attribute may have been retained by the Rune of Gluttony.

In chapter 1182 there was once mention of the skill [Fire Queen] (part of Belial's Power of Fire), which had been imbued in the Rune of Gluttony. In chapter 1203 he used Belial's Power of Fire.

System Messages of Belial's Power of Fire
    [The power of the great demon Belial sealed in the Rune of Gluttony has been opened!][6]

[It is impossible for a human to digest all three of Belial’s powers.]

[The Red Phoenix’s 9th Heart is empowering your body. You can withstand the pressure of a great demon. However, it is still impossible for a human to digest all three of Belial’s powers at the same time.]

[You can use one of Belial’s three powers of: Darkness, fire, or illusion.]

[You have chosen the power of fire!]

[The passive skill Fire Queen is applied for two minutes while Belial’s Power is maintained. You can also use the Queen's Flames of Hell and Flames of Hell Path.]

[The effect of Fire Queen increases health recovery by 300%.]

So it pretty much confirms that Direct Descendant Vampires' Powers aren't altered as they aren't of the dark attribute. Other skills which also aren't of the dark attribute, may have been retained by the Rune of Gluttony. But there is conflicting message which says Belial's one of the earlier power, Power of Darkness (it may have been altered into something else but system termed it as it did in case of the Rune of Darkness, so I am not sure about that.)

3. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, not that much happened in this chapter.

Hao reminisces about how he became a Draconian and his relationship with Helena. And he gets a quest to find out who killed Helena (he guesses who it was, considering Grid and co's rising levels).

The quest giver wants to kill the killer, or get Helena's necklace... Because the necklace will allow him to become a lord - naturally Hao would be rewarded if that happens.

Hao thinks that he can maybe negotiate with Grid on this issue.

The legends of Talima were pretty outrageous and nobody really believed them. Farmers with epic rated hoes. Doing laundry with unique rated items... Sounded a little exaggerated.

The Yatan Worshippers with Rose arrived to find that it was in fact... True.

There was a huge palace made of gold on the horizon. Unique and even Legendary items were widespread.

Unfortunately, the dwarves had too much pride in their work and everything was so outrageously priced that players wouldn't be able to buy anything.

But that didn't matter, they hadn't come here for that.

They managed to enter the elite mine with very little pushback from dwarves - who cared little about other races and what they do. Being instead self-centered and focused on their own works.

'This time', Rose thought, 'This time... We will cover the world with the colors of Hell!'

According to the expectations of the Yatan worshippers, the Great Demons that would be summoned today would number, at least five.

4. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot the most important bit Hao became a Draconian by giving lots of alcohol and that’s also basically his main job

LordKarsus and Sturdza like this.
  5. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't like the thing about Hao, otherwise the whole chapter was good.

I think Hao should think about becoming a Draconian Lord himself and not make an another Draconian a lord. But normally that's what the Rankers do, as Hao simply isn't powerful as the Supreme Three (Grid, Agnus and Kraugel), and he also doesn't have manpower like Overgeared Kingdom so he can't become a Draconian Lord. But simply I don't think Grid would give him that Necklace, as Grid had already thought that he would give this Necklace to either the Lord or Irene. He may give the Necklace to the Draconian Lord Candidate (if it is confirmed that he/she definitely will become a Draconian Lord), only at the condition that they will become his Vassal State. Which they simply wouldn't want to become as they only think about destruction and think human race as inferior beings. There is also a point that Grid has to complete his [Dragon Sword Dance], which can only be completed after competing with higher level Draconians (who use sword) like Helena so he will have to kill them to develop a new Sword Dance.

About Hao, I think he won't get the Necklace, and at maximum he may only act as a medium/broker between Grid and that Draconian Lord Candidate, who has given the quest to Hao.

There is one main point that shouldn't be forgotten throughout the whole chapter that, is the Draconian Lord Candidate a dumb person? Seriously he gave this quest to Hao so that he can either kill the person, who killed the Helena and retrieve Helena's Necklace or normally retrieve the Necklace. It simply sounds very funny to me, Helena who had Fighting Abilities above Piaro and Mercedes, was killed by Grid. (means Grid is stronger than Helena, Helena was the princess of the Draconian race, and one of the peak of the Draconian race. So she may also have been a Draconian Lord Candidate herself if even her Necklace might be a factor to win the race to become a Draconian Lord.)

So that dumb Draconian is simply saying Hao to go and die. As we all know Hao isn't that powerful that he can beat Grid. That's why I am saying it fucking sounds hilarious. Haha ha ha, Hao might have been thinking about Draconian's quote all along that, "Killing Grid, your ass."

Sturdza and Muteki Reader like this.
  6. noirdesprit

noirdesprit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I hope Braham destroy Rose's staff this time.

LordDanny likes this.
  7. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah she is one of the most evil user in the game. Maybe like Veradin she will also leave game if Overgeared Guild members hunt her down, but I don't want that, It is good that we have Villain in users. That's why I like her work a lot because whatever she does it will always be evil. And what can be do about that nothing, she is also a player who plays the game and she can play as she likes. But the thing is her personality is by far the worst, till now I haven't seen someone like her, she targeted Agnus that was crossing the limits in the game and as well in reality. So she is pretty much a evil person in both her game and also reality.

We'll all see what happens in the story next and I want her to be beaten again and again. Why? because I will like that way haha ha ha.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Muteki Reader and noirdesprit like this.
  8. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There must be a villain in any story. Only here they are all too pathetic, especially the players. Only Dragons, Gods and Baal look powerful.

LordDanny likes this.
  9. noirdesprit

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I just want to see her reaction when her fake staff destroyed by the real deal. :ROFLMAO:

LordDanny likes this.
  10. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol imagine, plot twist, someone dies, like irene, Grid gets very mad again, this time He's gonna be the villain.

Won't happen but would be cool

noirdesprit likes this.
  11. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    That may be an another side route of the Overgeared's Story, but not the Main Story route.

If you want it you should create Overgeared fanfiction yourself. I will read that happily.

12. Sturdza

Sturdza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really busy week in my college, next week i'll come back with the kakao spoilers

Yogi666, xKaismx, aqua55 and 7 others like this.
  13. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck on finals

Sturdza and xKaismx like this.
  14. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1247 is out on Ridibooks. I know the amount they publish dropped to 3 but I think the schedule might have changed as well.

Regarding current player villains, they seem to be underwhelming other than Agnus and Veradin in his prime. Many of the former villains have either been acquired by Grid or obliterated by him. Chris and Jokbal are examples for the former while Kir and Veradin are for the latter. Ignoring Agnus for a second, the remaining villains are generally flat like Tarma and Rose. They are both high rankers who only care about money and status. Bondre is a small exception due to his endless pride and Grid like determination/faith in his own abilities. Finally, Ares and his army do not possess enough forces to play the role of villains yet. Grid and Braham can pretty much destroy most of his army singlehandedly. If Overgeared members join as well there would be no Valhalla (if he couldn't find a way to block Madra's swordsmanship). Huroi's orator skills have buffs that would work wonders for Grid. For example, one of these buffs guarantees a critical hit in the buffed person's next attack (he used this when OG members first raided Elfin Stone's city). If you combine this with 300k swordsmanship and Earth God's ability to create canyons, Valhalla would be annihilated in no time.

Perhaps I'm wrong and Ares has many hidden weapons including an alliance with Dulandal and a decently developed Oasis. But I don't remember hearing much about him and his guild's performance in the 5th NC. If he is not Japanese Isekai MC level bent on hiding his abilities then he and his army needs to develop.

LordDanny and Stigmazin like this.
  15. Stigmazin

Stigmazin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with Ares right now is that he got destroyed thanks to the Grandmaster. He lost almost all his army and I think he died too. We know that the penalty to the kingdom when the king die is not that gentle.
    This weakened state of his country is probably one of the most important reason for him to participate in the NC.
    So yeah, right now Ares can't really do a thing to oppose Grid.

JHI likes this.
  16. noirdesprit

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like even Damian and Rebecca's daughters should be able to handle Valhalla.
    Maybe I just put Valhalla's force way too low or I just don't expect too much from them.

17. Beso

Beso Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Well, I understand where are you coming from but it's not only villains but pretty much most characters other than Grid,Agnus and Kraugel
    (Among players)Are either weak or lacking.

Though there are many strong NPC and monsters that can either contend or overwhelm them ( like Braham , Piaro , Mercedes, The Dukes of the empire , Grandmaster, Marie Rose , the great demons , yyangbans etc) but still there is no clear villain or outright hostile forces.

I really want to see other characters development for a while instead of the focus on Grid alone.

18. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe not that bad. IMO Ares could have defeated a weakened Fenrir when he was exposed to sun and didn't have the protection of domination. Though after absorbing the templars it might be fair game.
    Saharan Empire played the role of a villain really well for a time. Remember just how frustrated Katz was when he discovered the empre wasn't even trying after Overgeared Guild fought with all they had. Maybe Ares could play this role in the future after becoming a legend. Also Veradin's potential was truly wasted. Like Kir he was a smart and talented person but he also posed a threat. What if he exposed Grid was the Undefeated King's descendant or Grid was harboring fugitives from the empire (could have researched Piaro after how red knights reacted)? The position of Edan and Marie would have went through the roof and Overgeared Kingdom would have faced a very serious problem. I feel like he was underutilized since his role was waking up the sleeping giant rather than being a proper threat. He actually accomplished a fair amount as well. He rose to Rose Knights thanks to utilizing the actions of Grid who killed Earl Zebra and then went on to be quite successful. Moreover, Veradin is the mastermind that made Limit join with the empress (stated in C. 784). Maybe Sima Qian could take over his role but so far, Veradin is the most accomplished villain with Agnus being a more force of chaos than a proper villain.
    We occasionally get tidbits here and there. Bondre joined Valhalla and can double cast, Agnus got a third class and Pauld, Zibal upgraded Raiders... I agree that I would love to see more of this.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  19. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen and analysed it, author only gives one or two chapters of side story after the main story (focusing on Grid), he doesn't properly show their progress except Grid. When there comes a time the main characters like Kraugel and Agnus (as we know they are growing, but their progress is lower level than Grid) they show their progress but never in a proper way. Agnus is never shown for a extended time, it is the same with Kraugel. About Haster he isn't even shown, and Hurent he seems to have become one of the minions of Grid. This is so much teasing Overgeared fans. Author doesn't simply write proper side stories, only focuses on Grid that is the biggest flow because we can't really compare him with others properly, because we don't know their progress. Now days it seems like he isn't a user anymore but a powerful named NPC who can wreck any player, which is simply bad. I am not saying he should be nerfed, I am only saying that we need more side stories and power scaling through which we can compare them. There are many side stories, like 4 miracle players activities, Yura's activities in hell, Jishuka's all the Bow Saint quest, Faker's Lantier quest, some stories of Empire and many more.

20. Beso

Beso Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has a great potential yet most of it is wasted on Grid. The author has made a great story with a well built world and a great character development but he's so focused on Grid that it became frustrating.
    What if he shows some Yura action in hell or Damian work as the pope ,Agnu spreading more chaos , Kraugel developing his own swordsmanship or getting a second class, Chris getting technique or something, faker's lantier quest or jishuka hunting Kraugel to become bow saint or maybe Oasis learning 500,000 army swordsmanship and showing the true power of Madra's descendant.
    Many potentially good stories are forgotten like how Damian played Demon King.