LCD The Undetectable Strongest Job: Rule Breaker

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Oct 24, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That requires him to equip a specific title, and still results in nosebleeds if he leaves it on for very long (or am I misremembering?). Its fine for bursts, but its implied that he had left it on and happened to detect something.

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    He was practicing. He wants to make it automatic, to do a limited sweep 360 ever few seconds? That’s how I read it.:D

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    is this series any good

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Its your typical author insert OP fantasy story where everyone worships the MC within seconds of meeting him if they aren't evil, all good things are because of the MC, and all women want to join his harem. Honestly not sure why I'm still reading it.

5. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first arc was great. The second arc was ok.

6. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's still working on figuring out the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps.

7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    (y)

8. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we reading the same story? Because from my perspective, Hikaru gets a lot of hatred and scorn from most of the people he meets within seconds of meeting him, and very few of them are evil. There's also been quite a few very, very bad things coming because of his actions, like an incoming civil war in Ponsonia, for the most recent example.

I get that you want to hate on Hikaru, and the glut of OP MC like what you describe can give you a major confirmation bias, ie, that's what you expect to see, so that is what you're going to see, regardless of how the story is written, but the story might, just might, be more enjoyable for you if you actually read what's written, not just skim along until a particularly eye-catching paragraph or illustration comes along and then you extrapolate from that and invent an entirely different story in your head.

Now if you want to hate on Hikaru, he's a very flawed character, and it's actually quite easy to hate on his actual flaws if you want to.

By his own admission:

1.) He's aloof and almost anti-social. He even became estranged from his own parents as a result.

2.) He thinks he's calculating, methodical, and cunning, and he certainly can be, but he really just goes almost entirely by instinct, seldom considering the long-term consequences of his actions, and even when he does, he prioritizes his personal opinion more. So far, he's been lucky and he knows it.

3.) He's smug, unbelievably smug, bordering on arrogance, and he has memories of people he trusts calling him out on it, yet does not change or try to correct himself on it.

4.) He's rude, especially by Japanese standards, and the story is written in Japan.

5.) He's incredibly blunt, to the point of being insulting, and then turns around and blames the other party for being insulted.

6.) He's paranoid. He rescues Lavia, who swore to give him her "everything" if he rescued her, and it takes a few days, and her offering up her virginity, before he begins to contemplate trusting her. Though this one can be somewhat justified by his experiences with Roland, who invited him to this new world to then threaten to destroy his soul, permanently, if he didn't kill Count Morgstad in an hour or less, both receptionists Jill and Gloria give him, a complete rookie to the Adventurer's Guild, quests to complete that would otherwise be way above his pay grade from the dangers both the receptionists failed to inform him of, and, of course, the fact that Jill trying to cozy yp to him so he doesn't report her, and Gloria, being Gloria, just wants to sweet-talk him purely to get on Jill's nerves, causes a half-dozen horn-dog senior adventurers to come after him and "socialize" by beating him up and demanding an "apology" of some cash, to spare his life, as Jill herself pointed out they're wont to do, and Jill saw it as beneath her to report their actions! It's only because the town guard thought they were being suspicious that they were finally stopped!

7.) He has little respect for authority, and will back-talk as much as he thinks he can get away with, and he wonders why this gets him in trouble.

8.) He's officially one of the "good" guys only because it pays better and is less risky. After all, goods worth stealing could quickly be traced back to him if he tries to sell them, so there's no point.

I'm quite sure a far more nuanced reader could find quite a bit more to criticize him on, so calling this story "just another cut and paste isekai" is really insulting to the author, and I think I'll end it there. Thanks.

Sads and userunfriendly like this.
  9. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1: Just no. Has way too many friends and allies for that and also gets involved in way too much shit.

2: Lucky retard, agreed.

3: He Iis arrogant. Or is he? Arrogance is confidence without having the ability to back it up. He does have the ability to single handedly fuck up a country should he wish so.

4 + 5: Offence is always to blame on the one being offended, not the other party cuz a: Either he is right and thus the statement is entirely justified or b: There is nothing and he is just making a fool out of himself. It does make him an amazingly bad diplomat however. Not that it matters with his powers.

6: His paranoia is more than justified, but since he is also 2: it does nothing to his character. Since he also has setting shattering powers it also doesn't mean shit that others have malicious intentions.

7: Authority without the power to back it up is an illusion. See 3 why that ain't mattering shit.

8: If he wasn't 2 this would not be an issue, since no unprepared target can deal with him should he wish to go rogue. He is "good" because the author doesn't like the risky option. If he actually was 1 he would do so without thinking twice.

9: The author has demonstrated to willingly fuck the suspension of disbelief for emotional pay-off. This is half the reason the new SW movies suck major ass.

The story is degenerating quickly. Your inability to notice the warning signs is irrelevant.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, yep...he’s written himself into a corner.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. What happened to not giving him any information? Or does she not realize how much info he'll need to carry out her request?

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the author is in kindergarten.:facepalm:

13. grayvehauy

grayvehauy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm willing to see this shit through.
    Just like any other shitty isekai that I've read :ROFLMAO:

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't she already be sworn to the empire's service for life?

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    How would countries control spies, who all have stealth skills? That’s a good question....:eek:

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She was getting hers from gear. I assume the gear is limited use, can be tracked by them, or is flawed in some other way.

Though, the fact that Lavia was able to get a similar cloak made without significant issue makes me wonder why all major nobles aren't thoroughly guarded against people with low level stealth skills. Assassinations would be far to easy in that world due to this massive (plot) hole.

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The true Rule Breaker in this novel is the author...how he remains popular despite the MASSIVE plot holes.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::ROFLMAO:

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the last 20 chapters, this kind of cliff hanger will be dragged for 2-3 more uneventful chapters. Ugh:facepalm::cautious:

19. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Hikaru should be the one that went to kill the king instead, although everything became complicated after hearing those conversation, but giving a lesson to the king was supposed to be his main objective in the first place anyway. The death flag on Unken is so strong, so it's kind of a pity to have him gone

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Unken is likely to fail, requiring Hikaru to finish the job.

The author is unaware of the problem with assassination. As the Black Hand found, the problem with assassination isn’t success or failure...it’s unintentional consequences. The Black Hand decided to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand. To make things better for Serbian nationalists. Unfortunately it led to WW I.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kuroAnsatsu likes this.