Spoiler The Villain and the Cannon Fodder’s Mother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Aug 27, 2019.

1. kathfc

kathfc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RAW ? :llorar:

2. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    im more curious on the interactions between MC and ML’s nephew. I wanted to MTL it but im afraid the quality will fry my remaining brain cells :’(

personally, i feel that origLYY cant be labelled as scum. she wasnt the perfect wife and mother, but she did gave a warm feeling to their home although it wasnt exploited in the novel. she gave up fame and her reputation so she can support her husband (she’s a shopaholic just like her mom. she only likes to post about her branded bags but people thought she’s smooching off her husband. Yet she never clarified it to protect the MP’s career) imagine how distraught she is when husband divorces her after 10 yrs of marriage.

MP on the otherhand never cleaned up her name and never defended her from the criticisms even when they were married. he also never had time with her and the kids. And instead of trying to make their relationship work as a family, he placed all the fault on origLYY. Perhaps, origLYY was really annoying but he was also not faultless

MP’s wife is always thinking of career. Everything for her is about her image and value. But you cant blame her for being ambitious. She is still in her 20s. She wasnt just ready to be a wife and a family person yet

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  3. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the novel is actually easy to mtl unlike other stories.

TheEscapist likes this.
  4. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    Its so cute how ML likes Meng Yuran so much. He adores him because even though Yuran has the same cold face as Lu Mingzhe, he is kinder and more polite deep inside, and also acts more like his age. Even when Yuran ignores him, he looks at him with soft filter. How cute!! These two are actually often in the same wavelength

Lu Mingzhe is very frank and ruthless to his uncle. He often scolds him for being an idiot and a coward (for not confessing to MC) lol. But he is super soft to people he adores such as MC’s family, with the exception of Yuran. Lmao MC’s mother adores him so much, stepdad said, if he doesnt know her, he’ll think Mingzhe is the real grandson. He grew up missing familial love, so he doesnt hold back on competing with Yuran for little sister’s affection. He used to envy Yuran for having a good mother and a little sister

i actually like how author made it appear that ML adores Yuran more, while MC’s family adore Mingzhe more. It showed how well the two families fit together.

But i think ML’s ignorance to his nephew is a bit exaggerated when he got attached to Yuran fast. It’s always the MC taking the initiative to take Mingzhe with them. Even when MC opened a second branch for her restaurant, ML would rather sit and eat with Yuran than his own nephew. ML also only buys cake and gives money utmost for Mingzhe’s bday, but he threw a big party for Yuran. Ofcourse, this is part of him courting MC but you can really see the favoritism to MC’s kids throughout the novel. Hmmm, but i guess its because Mingzhe looks and acts so much like ML’s dead brother so he’s incline to treat him more as a brother than a son

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  5. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is smart and elite when working but outside, he can be childish and as his nephew said, low EQ. I think the night they officially became a couple is the live broadcast charity dinner. MC was stunning that night, and ML cant help but praise her “youre beautiful tonight”.

Then this other business guy is matching ML with his daughter,
    ML: “i think he wants to match us up”
    MC: “she is only what 22 - 23 y/o. she’s still girl! You dont look at her age, you think your worthy?”
    ML: “I think you made a lot of sense. A girl in twenties is not a good match. Better to have someone in her thirties.....preferably divorced.”

looool ML is usually stupid and shameless!! This is the smoothest he’s ever been!! It really made MC blushed!!

then ML hold her hand under the table. he likes it so much but he was also so nervous he ended up squeezing too hard!! Then MC stepped on his foot LOOOOL then he tried holding her hand again. She did not reject it and he was so happy!! He slept at MC’s villa (another room), and rolled on bed all night thinking how he achieved a new level in life. Next morning, MC teased him for having dark circles LMAO

6. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  7. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the most refreshing and shamless ML ever like one moment he is that awkward guy asking if he should take down the news about them, and if they should clarify, then the next second, he posts in Weibo that they are together without MC’s consent!! He even tried to grab MC’s phone so she cant see the post. MC was stupified because she hasnt even officially accepted him!! Then suddenly MC’s mother calls ready to come back and talk about wedding!!

it basically went like this:

news: MC and ML being together in charity dinner then ML staying overnight in villa, plus their families going to the amusement park
    MC: *calls ML to know what he thinks*
    ML: “ITS NOT ME!!”
    MC: “do you have a guilty conscience?”
    ML: (thinks yes cause he didnt spread the news, but deliberately did not stop it)

ML goes to MC’s office with 99 roses
    ML: do i need to admit... cough.. clarify facts
    MC: there’s no need to react. people wont necessarily believe the news. it will die down
    ML: *posts* yes, we are together
    MC: ......
    MC: DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT?
    ML: you said they wont necessarily believe
    MC: DELETE IT!!

8. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    MC’s mom is just way too cool!!!

after knowing they are together, she flew back to China on the same day with a stack of photos/ a year supply of blind date candidates so MC can have more options LOOOOL she said “men with three legs are hard to find. most have only two legs. if you are not satisfied, just go to the next one. anyways, it will be easy to use”

Damn did she just say, “men with balls are rare. anyways, theyre disposable. after using, roll the next one”?!!

MC: .....
    MC: actually... Lu is good

9. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    The relationship between the two has been ambiguous for a while from the outsiders view. Before the real events, outsiders have already assumed that they are dating then married. ML was laughing inside cause like “how do they know what im planning”.

but there was no news about until after the charity dinner cause 1) they are both powerhouses in the business world 2) ML makes his PR take down news asap

the MC and ML are both dense. Everyone thinks they are dating: their employees, their families, and the public esp the MC’s live broadcast subscribers. But MC only thinks ML is a foodie and a good friend. She doesnt want to assume things when ML hasnt confessed. She’s also wary about Mingzhe. On the otherhand, ML thinks he’s just a foodie initially then when he realizes his feelings, he’s awkward and nervous most of the time but still persistent

ML: my nephew ask, are we in love?
    MC: are we?
    ML: i admitted anyway
    MC: i dont agree
    ML: why?
    MC: no reason (while thinking how cheap he is — no confession, no pursuit, no roses, nothing)

10. TheEscapist

TheEscapist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aww man that is a cheap confession indeed ‍♀️

lazynoodles and Fuyuneko like this.
  11. Tyong

Tyong Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You already finished the whole novel? Where did you read it? I only found a translation website that contained 81 chapters.

12. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    ive read on mtlnovel. personally, i found it harder to mtl than other novels of the same genre, but it's comprehensible^^

13. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is scarily familiar to me. Reminds me of my life...

My mother is like the sum of Ori!MC and his ex-husband: she was obsessed about my father and he was always first. Actually he was second and third too. Then herself and then maybe my brother. After she got older she started to desire a family with a full house and all, but it was too late. At least for me.

My father was never home like the ex-husband, we were never his priority, but I think He cared a little more about me (when he cared) than my mother. It didn’t do me well, cause I kind of got the love my mother didn’t get? Well, at least she admitted she liked my brother better. Anyway, with the age he also started to wish for a loving family... must be the age...

So, my opinion about Ori!Mc and ex-husband is: they’re both shitty. They screwed up on a fundamental period of their children’s life. Ex-husband married only because of his ambition and this caused pain to his wife, that truly loved him and only wanted to be loved, and his children, that were brought to the world in the middle of a lot o shit (a mean to keep his rich wallet called Ori!MC). He didn’t even tried to be a family and yeah, I blame him more. If you erase the 10 years they’re together, you can see that he started all this shit and all could be avoided if he just didn’t marry for money and connections. Ori!MC is no better. She blindly chased after her obsession without measuring consequences, hurting and neglecting her own children (that were only means to an end).

I’ve never completely got over my childhood traumas (even why my parents, trying to compensate all the shit from the past and reach their desired loving family only made things worse), but maybe the older child could, since the new MC is doing great and he have loving grandparents. There’s a age range that the child is constructing her understanding of herself and the world and anything bad that happens in this period may unconsciously accompany the child for the rest of her life and are quite hard to overcome. So, he may or may not, for example, have unconsciously insecurities about being loved or abandoned. The younger one has more chance to completely get over everything.

PS: can someone explain to me why the MTL sometimes translate the words “prostitute” when referring to women (and there’s also “villain”? Don’t remember if for women or men). I’m sure it’s a Chinese language thing, but I really want to understand this speechless translation.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Sheddy, Marane101, Jhime and 4 others like this.
  14. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally i get to know the meaning of that idiom.
    Well i actually understand your circumstances. As i always hate these kind of parents who bring children bcz of their selfish reasons then don't care about them . These so called "adults" are the most irresponsible one ,always taking out their negative emotions on kids never realizing what damage they did, some even won't admit they did any wrong . Children are the most innocent one in every case .
    In novel Ex husband to me is a selfish guy who only cares about himself, i guess to him his behavior towards his kids is more of a donor then father. Niw he gets old & lonely he thinks of making up to the kids and his way is to lie deceive kids and bring them home.
    Ori mc even though isn't a good mom ,isn't worst either (my son might be villian ori mc as mom is more worst for me) , atleast she did provide them a home with servants if with ex then kids would have more of a lonely home .
    Some say ex isn't bad , i guess they never have a bf/gf who would treat them for granted , a cheating bastard is better than a person who hangs you for years for his selfish reasons yet claim to be the righteous one. Ex cold behavior/for granted behavior is more worst , the person at receiving end is abused emotionally at every second of his life . Ori mc doing suicide is a indication that she is suffering from severe depression.
    To me a person who brings a child to world and doesn't treat them well is scum.

15. 2_Zen_Owls

2_Zen_Owls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sorry you went through what you did, and I have read stories that trigger negative experiences i have had as well. But I'm glad that in this fantasy we get to see the mc try to fix things before it's too late.

Regarding you mtl question. It's just a guess but many languages, especially Asian languages have many more pronouns than the English language. There are many ways of saying "I" and for females there are different ways of saying "she" which changes depending on status and age, not to mention slang terms make things more complicated. The mtl was probably trying to interpret a pronoun the English language doesn't have a word for. Again though, just a guess.

kieranfortier likes this.
  16. lazykitty_99

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading today's translated chapter i felt like mtling again. Arghh !! In one of chapter, ex came to ask for taking children and ml came with fish so he couldn't talk about it and ex inner monologue was - he is biological father he can ask any time...
    Yoooo scum Dad . Just giving some dna doesn't make you a father.. your kids consider you as dead in first chapter.

Heyyoopanda, Uncopyright and Fuyuneko like this.
  17. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know any funny moments between MYR, ori!ML, and MSS??

18. mighty_muffin

mighty_muffin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but I felt like I should defend the OriMC. She did not hurt her children, she hurts herself and neglects her children because she obsessed with the ex-husband. The mother did mention it before, that OriMC was kind of a sheltered princess that was tricked by MY.

As mentioned by MYR, even though OriMC was busy chasing after MY, she always returns home to them while they only meet MY less than 10 times in their whole life. She is not the best mother but she does not abuse them, however, her actions made her children pity her and caused them distress. She is not an abusive mother, she just a stupid girl that stubbornly loved the wrong person.

Also, I would like to point out that MY and his new wife did not work for ML. MY had his own company, but ML and MC run companies that provide capital to create movies, e.g. the producer. Therefore, after MC starts her entertainment company, MY and the new wife's job decreases since the majority of people do not want to offend MC. Since MC has the richest woman in China as her backer.

Overall, I am quite annoyed that people did not throw more dirty water on MY and his new wife after MC identify surfaced. After all, why no one questioned MY as to why he never clarify or stand up for his ex-wife, he have over 10 years to do so. The only face slapping they get were people viewing MY as an idiot who trades pearl for the fisheye and the ex-wife as little three that come in between them.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  19. lazykitty_99

Reading List:
    Link
    More like brothers jealousy for sister.

Mikaa likes this.
  20. lazykitty_99

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess author wasn't going for "cliche" face slapping for ex that's why .
    It's more of ex husband spending his life lonely . Didn't he neglect kids for his career during young age now he has his career and all but no one to spend days with .
    He is a guy with high pride so to think of it this way , his kids changed their surname, call someone else Dad as he was always used "biological Dad" identity early on , his son doesn't even give him respect, he can't even attend his daughter wedding , rather someone else is giving his daughter "way" ..
    For ori mc i will say she got swindled by ex plus she has depression, a person with depression can't make rational decisions she didn't realise her problems and died.. as a mom she isn't best as she herself is using her kids . Basically ex scum fooled a young ignorant lady in love ,have kids with her to control her later when he achieved success ,threw her after his goal his achieved. Ex is a selfish , self centred person who only looked at orimc & kids when he needed them. He is "closet" scum. Like Mc said he was indifferent when both kids life get destroyed by oriml & orifl ,but he has the audacity to claim biological Dad when he needs them.