Recommendations Novels with more grounded combat [think Volcanic Age webtoon] with certain MC qualities

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Quick Ben, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Quick Ben

Quick Ben Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ideally, one where the marital ability of people isn't easily reducible to rigid cultivation tiering [no emphasis on stuff like Qi Condensation / Foundation establishment etc]. The most powerful people shouldn't be immortals that fly around and can level mountains, rend the heavens etc. but Dynasty Warriors lvl ground-bound martial masters.

As for the main char, they shouldn't be flagrantly perverted, impulsively hot-headed, unintelligent or have a naively benevolent personality.

I'd prefer that the length shouldn't be too long either, for ex. not well over 1000 chapters on completion.

Thanks

vlue likes this.
  2. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
  3. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    The Grandmaster Strategist. The main character himself is not a martial artist, in fact, a kid could beat him because of how weak and frail he is (especially on the later chapters), but the world itself is martial based, with differing levels and stuff.

4. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Nine Star Hegemon Body Art - MC uses the same couple of named attacks throughout the story. I can't remember exactly, but I think after 900 or so chapters, he finally gets the 3rd attack of his particular sword art. As his cultivation advances, these attacks just gain power and cost less to use so he can use them more often. In between their use, he pretty much just swings his sword in a brute force manner.

Silver Overlord - this isn't really a combat focused story, but the MC learns a variety of skills. Again, cultivation just increases power and deft handling.

5. Gon_

Gon_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link