Games Event List

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by OverlyFriendly, Apr 15, 2016.

1. LucindaBenson

LucindaBenson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I'll be there.

2. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...although this thread is practically dead, is this also the place where we can make suggestions about new games? I'm kinda too lazy to make a new thread to talk about it.

Lurking likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you can just make a new game when you want a new game?

Blitz likes this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    So overcome that laziness of yours \o/

Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.
  5. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... I can't exactly do that since the plan is a Roleplay game, and I know that I am terrible at hosting games with narrative.

The idea is inspired by an on-going roleplay game at I42, which was also inspired by other games from other sites.

I checked whether GMs can continuously kick and invite people from PMs, and we can. So it is not entirely impossible to pull this off at NUF, but it requires dedication, inspiration, the ability to narrate stuff ...and players.

• Dedication goes for both host and players. The standard "don't suddenly drop out", "be friendly to each other" and stuff.
    • Inspiration goes for both host and player as well, but I meant it for the host since they are the ones who need to think up of the wincons and the map.
    • The ability to narrate stuff is self-explanatory for the host, and they don't have to write 3+ paragraphs for each and every action.
    • Players are self-explanatory as well. This is a novel-dedicated forum, and I am old ancient. I don't know whether the current generation has enough people who are interested in roleplay games like these. ...I have seen too many enough (RPs) die before me.

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the number of active roleplayers certainly fell, but... I'm pretty sure a new roleplay would have chances of succeeding for as long as it was appealing~

7. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    My problem is: I see it as appealing, but I can't host it since I don't have the talent to do so. I left behind my host creativity in March 2018. Which is why I went to this thread to see if I can suggest this, in hopes that someone else may pick it up.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck finding a volunteer for it! ^^)/

Zone Q11 likes this.
  9. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahaha... Will do. :blobsweat_2:

10. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    uh....

mysteryquest????

um... im in one at nuf. i just added latest entry, its a bit slow, like once a week or so. have a lovely narrator already, you could join in.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5620161/

its better than the other ones on nuf i seen... there arent rules and its freeform

Zone Q11 likes this.
  11. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Alright, let's see what I can do there...

Lurking likes this.
  12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Alicealicealice! It's not really applicable, I think. We dont have that big of player pool remaining for that. I mean, look at mafia. It gets harder and harder to find enough players to consistently participate.
    Same as above. Not to mention the difficulty of making it appealing in the first place >.>

Lurking likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... Not much can be done about that... >.>

14. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember my first RP hosted here died because the players just up and vanished <.<

15. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    the roleplays ive seen before involved too many rules... i like oneflame?s style more.

16. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    It was probably the most freeform style I've ever had, with rules only restricting backstory. But apparently most people cant manage 1-2 paragraph per day.

How'd you even know about that guy - well, he's usually too handsoff if you ask me. Over the long term people ends up feeling not getting anywhere and stop playing.

17. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    .. ive learned some people not into roleplay that much lean into mechanics, maybe its that.

im the type into roleplay who deals with mechanics since its there but largely doesnt enjoy that fight

18. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much mechanic is tedious for everyone involved. I've tried ._.)

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs* That must have been sad... T.T
    Aye, it's not that interesting to RP with excessive mechanics~

20. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway, from my experience the RP would be successful to the end if it have:
    • Dedication from both GM and players. Dont underestimate low-presence player, they could cause a total collapse by instigating a chain reaction of "wait for yhat guy to post first". Actually, pretty sure that's how one of Lenaia's AG dungeon ended.
    • Addendum to above, it's better to have a small number of dedicated players than a herd of stray cats that may disappears anytime.
    • Simple but hardlined rules. It shouldn't gimp the gameplay, but restrict how insane the starting variation would be. Not saying that it's unplayable, but too much gap would inevitably cause arguments.
    • It require some railroading at all times. Sure, freedom is good. But not so much if it murders the GM because the players split into half-dozen different group that each wander toward a different end of the world each pursuing different goal with near zero chance for them to ever meet up. That's no different than running half-dozen RPs at once. So set a main quest from the beginning, and make sure to nudge the players that way whenever they start to get distracted.
    • Finally, dont set the goal to be too far away. Time is quite dangerous, even someone with a lot of it now might be busy next year. Online campaign inevitably have much slower pace than tabletop, so arrange the length accordingly. Series of short-term high urgency plot is better than a grand adventure to become the pirate king.
    From my experience, the RPs that finished all have these factors lined up. There's still like three of them in all despite having going through dozens, so it is quite daunting to start one tbh.