Spoiler [BL] Glory [E-Sports]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yukkie, May 22, 2020.

1. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Summary

This novel is also known as [I was caught and brought back after using and tossing aside the Great Demon King of e-sports…]

Wei Xiao––the former rookie king of the league, now an accompanying player and trash talk king, had a stupefied look on his face!

Someone bought 10,000 games with him!

200 yuan a game, for a neat and tidy total of two million yuan!

Wei Xiao: “Boss, you didn’t miscount the zeroes, right?”

“No.”

“You want me to accompany you to play 10,000 games?”

“Mm.”

Wei Xiao was amazed. But just when he thought he’d encountered a generous fool and was having a good time deceiving and playing with them, he discovered the other party’s identity.

This person actually turned out to be his previous captain, the one whose hands were tired from accepting too many championship trophies, the one who made everyone feel fear when they heard his name, the Great Demon King of the league, Lu Feng!

Wei Xiao: “I’m sorry for disturbing you, goodbye!”

Lu Feng picked up the little bastard who wanted to run, “Have you played around enough? Come back for training if you’ve played enough!”

Later on, Wei Xiao became famous in a single game. The host interviewed him, “How would you evaluate God Lu?”

Wei Xiao: “God Lu? Great technique, strong physical strength, and the most heaven-defying thing is his endurance!”

Host: “???”

How come the answer seemed to be a little strange?!

Title: Glory 荣光[电竞]
    Author:
    Long Qi 龙柒
    Chapters: 122 Chapter [On-going]
    Genre: Comedy Romance Shounen Ai Sports
    NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/glory/
    English Translation:
    https://chrysanthemumgarden.com/novel-tl/glory/

Pretty please? SPOILER!

2. Justpassingthrough

Justpassingthrough Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything specific you want to know? I haven't read the complete novel but I've read a bit further than the translations.

3. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to know how is their relationship progressing...? :rolleyes:

4. Justpassingthrough

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read up to chapter 75 or so and so far they aren't really in a relationship officially. ML likes the MC and MC's friend and some others in the team know but the MC doesn't. He's still just messing around and just running his mouth but there are hints that he's beginning to like the ML.
    The team attends this training camp where there are teams from all over the world and one of the Korean players doesn't play one day cus he has to go for physiotherapy cus he's injured (occupational injury). MC gets really worried about ML cus ML is only two years younger than the injured player so its possible for ML to get sick too. He starts joining ML's morning runs and stuff cus he wants ML to be healthy.:oops:

Emma401, alexfilia and pcheshire like this.
  5. Justpassingthrough

Reading List:
    Link
    So the reason why MC didn't stay at FTW 2 yrs ago was cus his grandma died. MC's father wanted to be a painter but he's not super talented or anything but he was obsessed with his "dream" and MC's mother also supports this, to the point where they just dump their child with the grandma and basically never cared about him. He was raised by Grandma alone so when she's dying and tells him "don't become like your dad" he takes it as, "don't chase an unrealistic dream and just go to uni and get yourself a stable job". It's really sad cus he wanted to use his pay to take grandma traveling but never gets the chance.:blob_teary: So he doesn't sign with the team and goes to uni instead and is planing to become a teacher. He doesn't like his parents at all and even refuses to let his dad come into the house during the funeral. (understandably :()

Later on the ML visits his hometown and finds out about all this. He visits MC's mom and she give him a box of stuff grandma left for MC but they didn't get to give to him. ML tricks the MC into visiting the team base to watch a training match against an American team and later gives him the box. It has this diary that grandma was keeping and she's really proud of him and she isn't against him becoming a Pro gamer. She just doesn't want him to become obsessed like his dad.:blobconfounded:

So when ML was 17 he joins FTW and since they don't have a Jungler he becomes the jungler. The whole team is really strong cus all five players are individually really strong players. They enter the world championship and win all three places in the individual category and first place in the team category. (They don't enter the doubles category cus non of them can work together with another person on the team lol.) But the next year, one of the teammates who is Korean has his contract expire and the management decides to just sell everyone cus;
    a) they set a record that's hard for even themselves to keep up and
    b) the teammates are kind of bored so they might split up anyways cus theres no challenge.

ML family is rich but he doesn't really get along with them, but when he finds out what's happening he goes back and tries to buy FTW. He tells the others to give him some time but doesn't tell them why cus its really uncertain and its not fair to ask them to bet their career on it. In the end the team breaks up with ppl transferring to different teams around the world and even though ML buys the team he's the only one left.:blobcry:

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Ahmya, Emma401, Yukkie and 3 others like this.
  6. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg! My heart is hurt just hearing their past... :cry: aw the MC starting to like him :eek: omg looking forward for the slow burn love love :oops:

7. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997 @aphrosdiax
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21 @cahmil @crystalirishzz
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly @FanofLiterature @Ficklyfrim
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111 @hiharu @Ha-Ha @HIMETAN
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi @lazykitty_99 @laptop1130
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen @Raebit
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince @whitequeen
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx @xxiv @Xinyi2004
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya @ZeeRose
    @324722 @2Bon2B

8. ZeeRose

ZeeRose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's really sad.

9. ZeeRose

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny parts: So it's obvious that the ML was the one who bought the games but MC doesn't know and when he joins FTW he borrowed money from ML to break up with the "boss". It was so funny and then MC's friend monologue about how MC is gonna kill him when he knows, got me rolling on the bed.:aww:

Emma401 and pcheshire like this.
  10. ZeeRose

Reading List:
    Link
    There was also this time after MC joined the team and he was live streaming when he was asked to play another match with a player he had just defeated when he unexpectedly said that he has to ask ML before agreeing cause he is broke and eats and sleeps with the ML. The live strangers were so shocked.

Oh yeah, when do they usually get together?

Emma401 and pcheshire like this.
  11. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    soo.. the upcoming arc now that Little Lunatic Wei has joined the team is a training camp arc where we start running into some old members of the FTW team, and more hilarity as Wei Xiao is let loose on the world~

right at the end of the training camp arc. but it's a pretty long arc so expect some UST while everyone around them figures it out and WX is oblivious and LF shows the patience of a saint.

basically WX finally 'gets enlightened' a little bit before the end of the training camp, and he's the type to take action ASAP, so he was all set to confess after they win the ultimate match in the training camp, but they... lose. however! before they went to the last match, WX had given LF a 'look' basically with his heart in his eyes, and LF had to have been blind not to know what it meant... so, while WX was being all sad and wilted, LF gave him a kiss and... dun dun dun~

also, i feel that Glory's underlying plot seems to be more about LF's past (well WX's past was already resolved when he joined the team), and it's quite complex:
    the relationships he had/has with his former teammates, trouble with his family back home, and his shoulder injury... that was actually caused by his family that he endured for three years while trying to hold up FTW on his own...

but! the funny bits continue throughout, and they don't get old because the author's really good at finding new amusing things for WX to do~ and poor Bai Cai's reactions never get old.

Ahmya, Ease, Yukkie and 3 others like this.
  12. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    what is ml's relationship with his family? ....are they the rich and jealous types?

gniniz, pcheshire and zarya like this.
  13. KeyLyme

KeyLyme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is currently ongoing and they are on the domestic semi-finals as of today's chapter, so there hasn't been any current interaction with ML's family and the situation, only touched on past events that has mostly been explained by XIIN.

Light Spoilers to answer your Q
    His parents are rich and in business and they do not get along with each other which reflected in their poor treatment of the ML throughout his childhood, he ran away from home to join FTW.
    It isn't a dog blood drama with extended family and inter rich family politics, it only involves his parents who are mostly disappointed in his career choice (as all Asian parents are lmao). They aren't jealous just disappointed and somewhat disgusted by his entire existence I suppose

Detailed spoilers about his relationship with the fam (including specific plot instances). I don't recommend reading this if you plan on reading the novel haha
    ML's father is physically abusive and ML's mother seems to blame him(?) for being stuck in a relationship with his father (the typical "if only you weren't born" bs). When ML goes back home to beg his parents for money to keep the OG FTW team from disbanding his father calls him a disappointment then beats him with a bat/stick and causes him to have a shoulder injury.

QAQ ML just takes the abuse silently. Afterwards while he is sitting there injured, his mother comes and offers him a deal. She'll help him buy FTW but says shes a businesswoman and won't invest in losses and makes ML sign a contract of things he'll achieve before his 21st birthday. If he fails to achieve them then he has to return and listen obediently to his mother. The list includes earning huge profit margins and such which he managed to achieve, however it also includes a "win the team world championship" which they haven't achieved yet. His 21st birthday is at the end of the year so this is his last chance.

His mother didn't do it out of love or pity. Lu Feng is his father's only heir so she wants to use him to control the business. Basically both of ML's parents hate him.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  14. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    That's so sad Q.Q ....i hope ml at least heals from his shoulder injury!!!!!

Does his mother try to interfere with the team ? ( Like to make them lose on purpose in order to have her son back)

Do we see any of his extended family?

Also do mc's parents know that he is a famous gamer?

15. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    She doesn't, at least as far as the story mentions.

We don't, we barely see his parents in the story so far. It touches on his relationships with the former FTW team a bit though. Also he went to school with the rich guy from RR (i forget his ID it was like Rich Mo or money bags or smth) so they know each but it only mentions that detail to the MC who eats vinegar at the fact that this guy knew Lu Feng in middle school but we don't actually see Lu Feng and Mo interact lol.

Wei Xiao's? I don't think they really understand esports but they try to supportive however this is resolved within the translated chapters and they don't really show up after MC joins the team since Wei Xiao doesn't really consider them his parents.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Ahmya, pcheshire and alexfilia like this.
  16. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any side pairs in this novel? like maybe... yuan ze/kim sung-hyun? hehehe :blobpopcorn:

ZeeRose and zarya like this.
  17. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, it's still ongoing and nothing has been confirmed besides Wei Xiao x Lu Feng. It's actually pretty surprising how quickly they got together. There is currently 222 chapters and they were together by chapter 80, so we (along with Bai Cai who's in the know xD) have just been getting fed dog food by the main CP.

This isn't really like God Level Summoner where there was like a couple for literally every other character introduced (no joke since if they didnt get together in GLS, they got together in the sequel). Nothing seems to be particularly canon but I'll share what I think.

I'll mark spoilers just in case even though this is mostly just my speculations.

I'll admit, from the first 40 chapters or so I kinda shipped Yuanze and Sunghyun too :cookie:, but after the winter training arc, you'll see it's pretty unlikely.

Kim Sunghyun, if anyone, would probably get with his captain/support of his current team, Li Heran, who he has known for a very long time.

Yuanze on the other hand, seems to be straight (oh, the horror :blob_coughblood: I know). If he was put in a gay CP, it'd probably be with Gary. Although I'd ship it if it happened, it seems unlikely as they seem to have a brotherly relationship of Yuanze teasing Gary and Gary looking up to and respecting Yuanze.

Other than that, there is RR, 3U, and TPT. For RR Mo Hui (RR's Money) and his mid laner Moonlit might be a possibility. Mo Hui really.... dotes on him? I'm not sure how to explain it, the only thing that comes to mind is like bro-con (they aren't related though) because he said stuff like Moonlit is the best etc iirc.

If the author goes the GLS route of any semi fleshed out character being in a CP, then TPT's Fu Li and Ou Xing are also a possibility.

The ones I ship the most are probably 3U's vice-captain and captain, Congyi and Asleep. I want it to be canon so badly :blobpeek::aww:. They had a little fleshing out given during the Domestic Semi finals and they just care about each other so much asdfghjkl. *coughs* Anyways.

FTW does not seem to have any side CPs.

To be honest, there is only hints right now, nothing concrete for side couples. Glory is the first and only novel I've read by this author so I'm not sure what their style is in terms of side couples. Whether she doesn't use side CPs, has 1 or 2 side CPs or has many many side CPs is yet to be seen.

I'll gives updates on and side couples once the story is over as we seem to be on the final arc!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Ahmya, Ease, Wr3n and 1 other person like this.
  18. ZeeRose

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 :blobsmilehappyeyes:

zarya likes this.
  19. V.A.L

V.A.L Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is on its final arc ? So it'll be about 300 chapters long ?

How would you compare it to Gol level Summoner ? I loved that series, so I wonder if Glory is similar.

20. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    i'd say GLS is really feel-good and doesn't focus much on backstory, whereas GLORY has more backstory on the team of gods and more different styles of game play? i mean i love them both~ cat god was more calm, so the novel wasn't as crazy with the highs and lows, whereas glory's wei xiao is more like a hyper energizer bunny (and the novel follows that tone).

V.A.L and Wr3n like this.